1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I love Affiliate Marketing

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Nabs, Mar 2, 2008.

1. MaxInt

MaxInt Peon

Best Answers:
    The way this thread has ended is a perfect example of why I rarely stop by here anymore. Like I really ever cared about this place to begin with (check my join date why dontcha).

Fools like vital and surf are pretty standard fare around here. I drop by every couple months for some entertainment and I'm rarely disappointed.

I heard I line in a movie recently that has compelled me to up my post count by 1 because it applies to what Nabs has been getting at. I took my son to see Kung Fu Panda this weekend and the line is ....well....why ruin it for anyone that cares to see it. Bottom Line: Nabs knows what he is talking about. There is no big secret to success other than hard work and knowledge gained from experience. The only "secret" is what you decide for yourself.

It is laughable that people here would ridicule someone for merely pointing out the obvious forest in the trees. Then again, knowing this neighborhood, I'm not surprised.

MaxInt, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  2. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    MaxInt you're totally right.

Please recommend other communities where the trolls get banned.

I'm thinking warriorforum or wickedfire.

webwork, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  3. deedeedum

deedeedum Peon

Best Answers:
    webmasterworld. i paid to get access to their supporters forum, almost everyone there is knowledgeable and friendly.

deedeedum, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  4. Telent04

Telent04 Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I think his entire plan was to not APPEAR to be soliciting. It was his method to seem genuine and sincere (worked on you). Yeah, he's just your every day friendly affiliate looking to spread his wealth of knowledge with complete strangers who are also his competitors. I suppose it calls into question the whole concept of affiliate forums.

Didn't you find his posts to be meaningless e-book regurgitation (or less)? Doesn't that irritate you?

I could be wrong btw. But I don't think so in this case. Anyway, PM him if you want. I'm sure he's just waiting to help you out!

Telent04, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  5. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    Basically you answered your own silliness for me.

He didn't owe anyone anything. For the first couple months of this thread if a newbie had a question he would answer it. How is this irritating?

I pmed him 2 months ago with advice for a site I had. He didn't try to sell me anything, but I doubt this kind of logical information will be of any use for you.

Commence trashing.

webwork, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  6. surf4fun

surf4fun Peon

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

surf4fun, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  7. Telent04

Telent04 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why are you nut hugging? What did he say to make him your Jesus? I'm confused. I could make you my follower too. Ready? Write articles and submit to directories. Oh and SEO! Oh and find a good niche!! Step 3..... Step 4 - profit.

Telent04, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  8. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    Everyone is wrong sometimes, nothing to be ashamed about, a simple "I stand corrected." would have been respectable and made you look a lot better. But of course, you're a troll. When trolls are proven wrong they like to insult.

I will nut hug and listen closely to the words of anyone who is earning more than 100k a year online. I suggest you do the same if you don't want to continue your miserable path of failure.

So why aren't you doing this?

How much do you make online per month?

But you guys are beating a dead horse on this thread. Go trash Rimiki's thread which is similar to this one: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=861134 He needs less praise and more aggresive skepticism.

webwork, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  9. deedeedum

deedeedum Peon

Best Answers:
    surf4fun should listen to this advice. plus he is gay, so he loves to hug nuts anyhow.

deedeedum, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  10. Telent04

Telent04 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, maybe he needs some of this treatment too.

I have experience with this crap because I came from the stock/futures trading world where it's basically the same as here - people trying to sell their systems with bs stats. It's almost a perfectly analogous industry in that respect.

Telent04, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  11. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's every industry, on many creative levels, if not stats/proof - it's 'results' if you buy solution x to fix your y and z all in one!

I don't know the whole story, however if this person started this thread to both boast his credit, his earnings, and build a downline or other monetization strategy - all I can say is that if he is within the TOS - nothing wrong with it. If this thread made it to 24-25 pages already - I don't think he is doing anything too skeptical.

If the OP gave you guys some real honest advice and tried to help even ONE person to become a better marketer, then he deserves whatever is coming to him - karma is biayeetch and I fully believe in it. If he scammed or spammed anyones PM with 'hey just buy my widget now and you're set' then karma will get him too.

There will always be someone that you look up to - and there will always be someone that looks up to YOU. When you look up to someone - they guy next to you might already know most of the tricks that you're googling about - and discredit the learning you're going through - thus looking down upon him while you look up to him. Communication is key guys - if you can learn from somebody then take what you can with a smile and say thank you. If you are far ahead and truly truly truly have so much spare time that you want to prove him wrong day in day out for 25 pages - you have bigger problems than your jealousy or fear of this person.

The ClickBank section (my home) sees crap like this 10 times a day somedays, fake stats/fake screen shots 'PM me for...' - and as a community who's members have grown tight - we QUICKLY identify with the poster and either praise them or rip them apart. 25 pages of this thread - there MUST be some golden nuggets in here - forget about the screen shot, forget about the nonsense - just zone in on those nuggets, that's what you want isn't it? Information to help you get to a higher earning level. If this guy was giving out basic or old tips - well - think about going back to your own newbie days - chances are there are plenty of people that WILL find it useful and cohesive enough to continue to look up to and praise the OP unconditionally or 'nut hug' as above.

You guys really ought to stop picking at people and maximize your time - and perhaps I should do the same and not waste my time with this thread however I like DP - I like the people (some), and I like the community so from one publisher and affiliate to another(s) - build your community spirit at this CJ section a little tighter and just be nice to your fellow man/woman - when BS shows it's head - it shouldn't take 25 pages to decipher right/wrong - this is a bunch of kids puffing out their chest to see who can roar louder and piss farther - stop being a pisser and start being a business person - monetize your time not 'build my ego = prove IM right = THEN they will accept and look up to me" << No - they won't.

It is a shame you guys let it get this deep, and now even those who deservingly want/need the information this member was providing, are at a loss and have to wait until yet another big dog decides to build his downline or show their earnings to learn new tricks... . ..

CJ is no different than any network - it's NOT the networks that make you rich - it's the OFFERS. The only difference in networks is a) tracking capabilities b) payouts c) accept/deny modes d) aff pools and a few smaller characteristics. I'll tell you NOW - there is NO secrect CJ system, NO ClickBank uber undiscovered method, NO azooge powerhouse guru tactic - IT'S ALL MARKETING. SEO is NOT BS - Utilizing adwords to flip money is NOT BS, building slamming landing pages under similar keyword domains for your offer is NOT BS, and most of the other 101 traditional and manual methods all hold merit.

I launched a new program less than 2 weeks ago and it's been at 1k+ a day since it's first weeks end - Mind you I am a publisher - our goal is the same - market/monetize - I don't have 10K UV's a day, I don't need to do any blackhat, my affiliates love me and get great free training, I proudly show income and conversion sheets, I aim to make my family money because they make me money (some over 1k a day too) - You guys automate marketing campaigns - I automate teams to enable automated marketing campaigns. Blah - point is it's all the same - and it's up to YOU how far you succeed, and how you communicate to enable your success.

Take my rant and waste of time here for what you will - I don't belong to CJ but do believe in community spirit so I read all the aff sections, there is NO harm in helping someone that can help you in turn - and influencing them is a part of life - just as you are influenced on a daily in 1000's of small non-intrusive ways as you live your day.

Learn the fundamentals of 'marketing' before you enter the AFF arena or else you'll chase your tail thinking we are all using 'tricks' when NOTHING beats good old traditional marketing online methods - with new deregulated twists << You can't do the latter without mastering the former well.

Best of luck to you all and remember your core focus and objective on this forum - learn to make money not be a ball buster (Though I hear being a nut hugger is ok?!??).

NC.

NCMedia, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  12. speed100

speed100 Peon

Best Answers:
    You don't need to stop replying to this thread. If you want to help people than just go ahead and continue. You have to understand that there is always skeptic idiots that will never understand, no matter what. It's in their genes, in their minds, everywhere. They can never learn. They think that nobody can help them for free because they will never help somebody for free. This way of socializing is unacceptable and unbelievable to this type of people. Just laugh at their stupidity and move on.
    I read most of this thread and yes, you give some nice advices and you deserve what you make.
    Good luck and continue with your replays if that makes you happy.

speed100, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  13. Blogspotter

Blogspotter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That was a good one NCMedia. This was a very nice thread until some troll decided to crash into the party. And this is community, so we have all kinds of people.

Sad thing is, there still are people who believes that they turn 1K a day overnight by readinf ebooks or seeing the URL of a successfull publisher.
    They are not Interested in the screenshots.
    They are not motivated by the money.

All they want is the URL or the landing page or the campaign.

What they don't realize is, they just can't copy something.. or replicate.. that a campaign doesn't last forever
    That a landing page needs to keep evolving.

The trick is staying one or two steps ahead of the competition and the Google Quality Guys.

These poor Trolls Blame NABs because he didn't show his URL..
    Nor his secret.. Nobody has any secret... NADA.

I have a friend.
    I once showed him my Google Adsense Account.
    It was more than 1 year ago..

He saw my earning for the day and decided he also wanted to go into it.
    He pestered me, and I taught him ALLL I knew.

But he wanted to know my sites..
    I don't know why.. But I didn't show him the sites. But he kept pestering me.

One fine day, I showed him one normal site... Public Info - Non Copyright type site with 4000 uniques..
    He commented that the site was ugly..

And next day he had bought a domain and made a similar site.. I got pissed not because he stole my Idea.. I have never cared about people stealing my ideas as long as I rank better.. But because he was stupid, and all those hours I spent talking to him, teaching him the nuances of link building, content building, SEO and what not, had gone waste...

He just copied my idea.. I got pissed and I made an exact (different content) copy of my old site and told him to show me his site after 6-7 months... After 6 -7 months his site had 40-50 visitors a day.. My new copy site had 1000 uniques a day.. and I showed him that... He asked me if I do it all day... I say only weekends and early morning before I go to work.....

That is how 98% of the internet marketers end up as...

Only the other 2% or maybe less makes some money..

If people were not making money, CB and CJ and Google would go out of Business.

If you want to copy, there are many Big Sites Out there.. Why not copy them... ???
    Copying doesn't work.... Replication doesn't work... Duplication Doesn't work..

Unless you are me of course :) :)
    Just kidding..

If you had to copy a landing page.. Why not just Google it.. All those Ad Copy, Ad campaigns, LANDING Pages are alll OUT there Right on Google and Yahoo and MSN... Why pester a poor guy who genuinely wants to help...

Well.. This Thread Should be Closed I think.. Now that even the OP has decided not to reply anymore...

All the best you Secret Seeking Nooobs...
    Don't think... Just Do it!!!!!!!!!!

Blogspotter, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  14. surf4fun

surf4fun Peon

Best Answers:
    this industry works very different ..

imagine what nabs has done...

he got so much thread views.. i think whole dp members came to this thread..

and now think if he has list of 100 or so internet marketing or web master forum list...

and just appear as a guru there..

And if say he was looking for some people to follow him.. or optin or buy something from his ref link (say wordpress ebay plugin software)

I just think how magically it would convert..

I think in just days he would be making 2k+ from ebay wordpress plugin sales ref commission alone..
    ==========================================

But saying that.. Nabs may be not that hungry for money.. as he got different technics to make it from ebay..

But yes Internet marketing is all about convincing visitors to buy/signup from your website or blog then million or billion others..

marketing and sales is always a dirty business..

remember the councellers for admission in training centers or some short courses.. they convince you so much that you end up throwing your hard earn money to them.. later realize all they was saying was just to attract you..

The TV commercials for example.. Or hollywood blockbusters.. Larger then life.. its hard to belive them.. yet we fall for them..

i remember last chrismas a blog appeared with so colorful decoration and youtube video of a network marketing expert.. and he was even giving chat and phone support.. the blog was about how to make tons of cash in christmas time.. the blog convinced me so much.. and his telephone answers.. i was just ready to throw my dollars for that eboook or system.. later just said to myself.. come on .. if he is making so much with chrismas sales.. then why he need 49 bucks peanuts from me? and why has he attached so shitty adsense for some $$ click in it? i said myself.. enough is enough... why do I fall for traffic secrets money secrets this secret that secret.. dont i already know what is the secret.. CATCH THE FISH! TELL A LIE!!

surf4fun, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  15. CBbox

CBbox Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure4fun, what you want to say ? Marketing is dirty business OR affiliate marketing is not a stable game.You are here just to confuse people.You don't have any aim.You just want to show off that you know something.YOU ARE SICK...

CBbox, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  16. aditya_sfs

aditya_sfs Peon

Best Answers:
    You are an unsuccessful idiot.

You are taking examples of some few ebook and clickbank scammers and blaming the entire affiliate industry.

People who make those "make money online" ebooks are bullshit .. those who make all crap small unplanned useless adsense sites and blogspots are useless. People selling blog network posts, directory owners and all those VCC sellers here on DP are scammers. All those who use the term " make money online " are again pure idiots.

But you blame the entire affiliate industry for that which is a source of leads for biggest insurance and loan companies, banks, credit cards, real estate, stocks, hotels and aviation industry. A industry which brings in business worth billions to the fortune 500 companies. They are not fools. Affiliate industry is not just clickbank or ebooks.

Similarly adwords , pay per click and adsense, all are marketing machines which are used by largest public companies everywhere in the world. You have just compared an industry worth billions to a few scammers.

Have you ever been to affiliate summit ? Go and see all the companies (you name it ) and they will be there with a booth. Thousands of delegates come there and discuss one to one. Go there and say all these to someone , they will explain you what affiliate marketing is all about.

Affiliate Marketing is also called "Pay For Performance" marketing where the companies themselves outsource their marketing efforts to people known as "affiliates"

And one more final thing which i want to say about the affiliate industry. When an affiliate marketer markets a product, the company has no risk and the affiliate network too has no risk, the PPC ad network too has no risk. The main risk is taken by the affiliate marketer. So basically, successful affiliate marketers are the people who have highest statistical mindset and the most scientific and efficient people around. Their thinking and analyzing power is higher than any other college professor or may be some IIT topper. They do what big companies fail to do... whats that ??? the answer is "Marketing"

aditya_sfs, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  17. surf4fun

surf4fun Peon

Best Answers:
    another guru came

and from india

selling each landing page for $1.5
    http://www.lpwhiz.com/

surely they are not the fools. making millions of your landing pages..

but the affiliates are..

No job security
    No Continous Business model

in short Gambling.. time and money..

Hoping to have a share in the sale.. Lottery..

Actually what product service you have in your hands as affiliate? other then the links and banners
    If you die tomorrow.. what is left with you for your son to follow?

I assume you shop from ebay.. will you shop ebay from my affiliate link

Why not we contact each other.. and shop our needs from our affiliate links..

Tell those stories to kids.. not me..

95% affiliate marketer are failures.. and may be you one of them too.. other wise why selling landing pages for a living?

What is in this industry other then dream and false promisses..

If i want to contact 1000 ppl who runs a pharmacy

i will just go to yellow pages.. and call them up and brag my product service or webpage.

or send them a postal mail

I wont wait millions of days to rank my site higher in search engines

and hide behind computers..

when i have a sale.. i wont jump around the trees and post screenshots for others to see.. see guys where i am now..

The visitor traffic sales.. no affiliate could survive like this

seen the adult industry
    seen the mainstream
    seen the ponzys

ppl made money.. and gone to something continous..

never mind no work is small

we are not stopping anyone from anything

we are stopping from giving it an unrealistic picture

calling ppl idiot doesnt makes falsehood true..

I can say same to you.. but i wont..

most affiliate marketers are just young myspace kids or maximum in the age of 30.

they just love to glue at computer screen

most even not done their passport yet..

and they are very nurvous for job interview or setting up a huge investment real life business

so they hide behind the computers..

for the other 5%.. they have some kind of link up with the networks.. and actually have contacts offices and large amount of investment.. to get their business going.. its not 1 man game show.. and they know that very well...

Come on man.. atleast you agreed on something that the clickbank is scam

Do you know that clickbank can sue you for this..

Lol

Affiliate marketing is good.. do it.. no problem in that..
    Playing soccer is also good.. do it no problem in that..

Success can come from anywhere..

But dont tell us How you gave 500 goals in one 90 min match..
    HOW HOW HOW?
    I cannot show my match.. you will copy..

everyone knows its impossibly possible

surf4fun, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  18. farid3136

farid3136 Peon

Best Answers:
    I also love affiliate marketing. I have six years experiences in that sector. I also earn huge $$$$ from affiliate marketing. Thanks for nice post.

farid3136, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  19. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    One time there was a guru who said he make lots of money on the internet

Think $100,000 per months or he said every month he make more and more

like a landslide

Then i read his blog

He offer a ebook and try sell for $19 that teach all affiliate secrets on the net

But I think about this for long time.

If this guy is so rich why he want peanuts from me? I am poor.

Then I think some more.

Then I realize that the whole affiliate industry is full of scammers.

CATCH THE TROUT AND FEED THE SCAMMER FOR A DAY
    TEACH THE TROUT TO FISH AND EAT THE SCAMMER FOR A LIFETIME

or it was something like that

Then I walk to my friend Akmed house

He have a good job selling donuts at the market

I ask Akmed if he would tell me his secrets for sell donut at the market

He say he can sell me his secrets for $19 too!

So I think about him and I believe it is falsehood

If this is not falsehood then ENTIRE DONUT INDUSTRY IS SCAM!

EAT A DONUT CATCH A SCAMMER

at least this is what my borther tell me one night when we talk about best business

he say me it is work in shoe factory

and today i believe him. job is best business because job security is #1

but my pay is $1 per day but i am not sad. i have job security

my manager say me maybe i can get promote to assistant manager

make $2 per day.

job security.

i hope earthquake dont come and destroy factory

maybe shit happens.

if this shit happens then i sell donuts

webwork, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  20. surf4fun

surf4fun Peon

Best Answers:
    somebody purchased my siggy..

oh its a affiliate page a clickbank one.. great i will make millions like this.. lastly i can retire online..

thank god

surf4fun, Jun 11, 2008 IP