1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

It actually worked ! $1.50 a day to $10.00 A day overnight!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by kalta1, Jun 5, 2008.

1. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No that is not what I meant, you can have any link on your site open in a new window, that is not a problem.
    What could be a problem is when the page with the outgoing link on, Refreshes itself after someone clicks on the link. Therefore raising the number of impressions

Invalid click activity

What is an invalid click?

What is an invalid conversion?

Cheers
    James

tattoos, Jun 7, 2008 IP
    indyeah likes this.
  2. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand what your saying. I need to tweek that in the code so the page with the link doesn't refresh when the new broweser window opens. Update on yesterday which was June 6th was $8.95 with a CTR of 2.54%. Its still working but I am interested to see how this goes over the next week or two.

kalta1, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  3. monfis

monfis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agree with you, all the other claims about pics near ads didn't read or understand the TOS correctly.

monfis, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  4. atulperx

atulperx Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes now the changes you have done is good and better also , by this u can earn $6 to $7 daily for lifetime but last method may have given u $10 daily but it may not worked for long and you loses your account to .

So earn less but earn for lifetime .

atulperx, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  5. izzportal

izzportal Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed..that is true..
    earing for a 'long-term' period is supposed the main target here..especially for Adsense..as long as the traffic + good content is there..

Having paid consistently could generate much much more afterwords..and more, once we knew the real 'technique' it is easily then to be implement through other blogs as well..repeated the same idea on how you simulate them before..:)

good luck pal..:)

izzportal, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  6. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The pitch with which alarms were raised at you we too high.
    Placing ads near the picture of the model wasnt misleading at all. The tos were interpreted wrongly by the people. But you can be banned upright for making your page refresh when a link opens in a new window. It may be by mistake but you are responsible for your website. do get it fixed quickly even if you have to hire a freelancer. Check out some freelance sites for getting a freelancer quickly fix the bug on your site. gd luck...

jacky8, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  7. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just fixed the page refresh so it doesn't do it anymore. Weekends for my site are a little less traffic but I will keep everybody posted on what has happened with the CTR & $ at the end of the day. You guys have been extremely helpful! Thank You !
    Tony ;~)

kalta1, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  8. hillord

hillord Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    good stuff. thanks for sharing. it definitely deceive people on click those ads.

hillord, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  9. farhajr

farhajr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so placing 4 ads by 4 images is completly not liked by adsense or what? I heard that its okey with that and read that in an ebook caalled adsense mint. and even in the joel comm book!

farhajr, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  10. Chrissy17

Chrissy17 Peon

Best Answers:
    But what if the ad unit starts displaying ads about that model?

Chrissy17, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  11. farhajr

farhajr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    reply my above posts answer if u can?

farhajr, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  12. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have the alt tag as one of my keywords (phrase) which is not her name so it would be highly unlikely ;~)

kalta1, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  13. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I said I would keep you all posted on progress for the first few days after the changes etc. Yesterdat (Saturday June 7th 2008) CTR was 4.17% and $ was $9.30. I hope it keeps chugging along. I had read in another thread where a publisher had said everytime google does a routine maintenance that his adsense drops significantly for about a week before it picks up. So far it hasn't affected mine.
    tony ;~)

kalta1, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  14. John-Q

John-Q Peon

Best Answers:
    Good deal!

Great thread!
    New comers and vets a like can learn a few things by reading it.
    Also, thanks for putting your site out there for us to look at the changes. Your a braver man then me!

Hope the ctr continues to go up!

John-Q, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  15. husla3x

husla3x Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The TOS is confusing....allot.

husla3x, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  16. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    John thx for your comments. Its Sunday night June 8th at 11:35pm and the results for the day are the best yet. CTR is 7.97% and $ is $16.29 I am gonna keep my fingers crossed that this maintains and isn't some kinda fluke lol. I do want to thank the people that have been on this thread as it has helped me tremendously. DP Forum is maybe one of the best broad topic resources that I have come across.

Tony ;~)

kalta1, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  17. Nite

Nite Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can tell a difference between the image and the google ads.

Whenever a google ad is placed by an image to the point that the image blends in with the ad, then it's a no-no. In your case, there is a clear division between the image and ad.

What you're doing is fine IMHO.

Nite, Jun 8, 2008 IP
    indyeah likes this.
  18. JohnS0N

JohnS0N Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What a funny discussion. Excerpt from Adsense TOS:

• May not direct user attention to the ads via arrows or other graphical gimmicks
    • May not place misleading images alongside individual ads

The CTR rise itself is the proof you are drawing attention to the ads and misleading users. Everyone in the marketing world knows that a picture of a beautiful woman is THE MOST efficient way of drawing user attention. The boys will get crazy and click everywhere around in the hopes they will see the breasts zoomed.

Everyone of you may turn around questions and answers as you like, but I bet if you were an advertiser you wouldn't want to pay for these "horny clicks". Said that, your website is about photography, which somehow neutralizes the misleading as you naturally would want photos on a photography website. Maybe placing an image of a girl with a camera would be better for you and the advertiser? I think this way you would get rid of the misleading and actually prepare your visitor on what he will find after the click.

TIP: If you made your background white, you would see a BIG JUMP in CTR. There is a reason why big name brands all use white (google, yahoo, ebay, amazon...). White converts.

JohnS0N, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  19. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you mean change just the add to a white backgroud or change your whole page to white so the white add also blends into the background?

kalta1, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  20. JohnS0N

JohnS0N Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Everything. First your design, then match the ads with it. You don't have to do much, just revert the colors. Make background white and text black.

JohnS0N, Jun 9, 2008 IP