1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WTS: Custom PR5 Music Site 1-1.5k uv/day 180k pv/mo high SERPS

Discussion in 'Sites' started by ValuableVisitors, Mar 2, 2008.

Please PM me or post bids in this thread.

We are looking to sell L-y-r-i-c-s-L-o-o-k.c-o-m (no dashes). It is a strong PR5 lyrics site that does not display any lyrics. It allows users to full-text search all lyrics in the database and links out to other sites that host the lyrics. Sites are ranked based on how many hits they send to us. There are hundreds of thousands of lyrics already in the database.

The site is well-established and consistently receives over 1k unique visitors a day and gets 180k pageviews a month. Google Analytics and ValueClickMedia stats for February are attached. The site also has AdOnNetwork banners on the bottom but they make less than $1 a day. It is ranked high in the search engines for generic terms like "Lyrics Search", "Search Lyrics", "Lyrics Search Engine", as well as artist/song names. Given the high CTR even on banners, this site would probably make a lot of money with AdSense. However, our AdSense account was cancelled years ago and we do not have access to that program.

The entire site is custom programmed in ASP.NET. There is an administrative interface that lets you change the banner codes on all pages.

The person who sold this site to me neglected to include the source code but it includes the unobsfuscated .dll files and precompiled header files so you can use .NET Reflector to generate and output the original source.

The ASP.NET lyrics spider is broken so I personally coded up a PHP script that uses the Zend PHP framework and allows you to respider the supported sites to update the lyrics in the database. Instructions will be provided to the buyer.

I can transfer the domains and the current server lease (dual Xeon $249/month with thePlanet) to the new buyer once payment is received. You will be required to fax a form to thePlanet to confirm your identity before the lease can be transferred.

As a bonus, the buyer will also get T-a-b-s-L-o-o-k.c-o-m, a similar site for tabs that gets limited traffic. I do not know the traffic levels on this site and have not coded a new spider to fix the broken one for this site.

I would like to get at least $2k for the site to recover most of our cost but am open to other offers. Feel free to post or PM me your bids.

Thanks,
    Lenny Grover
    New Media Properties LLC

Attached Files:

ValuableVisitors, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  2. teebutch

teebutch Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am interested in the site can you tell me what the revenue was for Jan. I see Feb. but would like to get some history on it. i am also wondering why even with 1000 UV a day why would you need to have it on a decitated server? so for feb. you make $110 and your hosting cost 250 so you lose $140. I am interested in the site but would like to get more information. I need to justify spending my funds and it has to make since. Send me all the details you can on the site from when you purchased it and let me know what your bottom line is as at $2000 and losing 140 a month even with the 1000 UV I cannot justify it. Lets see if we can find a mutual point and see what we can do.

Thanks

teebutch, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  3. ValuableVisitors

ValuableVisitors Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    With a PR5, hundreds of thousands of pages in Google, and 1000+ organic visitors a day, it is a steal at $2k--I was really hoping to get more.

People have PMed me asking for referrals; here they are:

Below are the referrals from Google Analytics:

Google Search: 25,408
    (link partner): 6,043
    Direct: 3,693
    Ask Search: 1,187
    MSN Search: 977
    Live Search: 962
    182 total referral sources sending 41,443 visitors.

ValuableVisitors, Mar 3, 2008 IP
  4. ValuableVisitors

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    People have PMed me asking about earlier earnings. Attached are ValueClickMedia stats from December, which are representative of Q4 monthly earnings. The site also earned over $20 from AdOnNetwork that month.

Thanks,
    Lenny Grover
    New Media Properties LLC

Attached Files:

ValuableVisitors, Mar 3, 2008 IP
  5. kineticdc

kineticdc Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you for the information

kineticdc, May 26, 2008 IP
  6. recipe for...

recipe for... Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Is this still for sale? If it is might be interested. Can you pm me the current highest bid? And how long have you owned it for? thanks!!

recipe for..., May 27, 2008 IP
  7. VoYdE

VoYdE Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    current highest bid?

VoYdE, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  8. EASYDOMAIN4ALL

EASYDOMAIN4ALL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well...I investigated it quite a bit...looks like in google you are getting links from only 2-3 sites..one such site is getlyrics.com ...which has hundreds of links back to you...

Would you please explain this.

Thanks
    Krish

EASYDOMAIN4ALL, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  9. ValuableVisitors

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.c...bwm=i&bwmf=s&bwmo=&fr=yfp-t-501&fr2=seo-rd-se

According to Yahoo, we have over 100,000 links back including site-wide search box and text links on high-profile lyrics sites. We also have link exchanges with a number of sites. Traffic continues to be stable at over 1k uniques a day. The site has been moved to a cheaper server and is now breakeven or profitable. Ad rates on ValueClickMedia have declined since Q4 but still pay for the hosting. I am willing to sell it for a BIN of $4000 and will seriously consider selling for the first serious offer above $3500. This site is worth a lot more than that.

I will only accept a bid from a person or company who is familiar with both PHP and .NET as this is not a simple site. The former owner claimed to have spent over $10k to have the site developed and it is fairly complex.

Thanks,
    Lenny Grover
    New Media Properties LLC

ValuableVisitors, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  10. almir

almir Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thumbnails links doesn't work. can you reupload it again, if its still on sale ?
    thanks

almir, Jun 23, 2008 IP