1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I love Affiliate Marketing

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Nabs, Mar 2, 2008.

1. brainstormingin

brainstormingin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you expect my other sites to be in my signature? And you have no idea what you are talking about! Do you realize how hard it is to survive in the very very competitive proxy market? Don't just assume.

I work full time in a company which is no 1 in their niche and rank within the top 500 companies worldwide. So I have a fair bit of knowledge what takes to be no 1. I work on my sites in my free time and I wish to make a living out of them. Till date I haven't put a single penny from my pocket. I earn 700-800 USD per month from these sites and I am constantly learning and trying to expand. I know I don't earn much but you have to start somewhere. Until and unless you put in 200%, I am afraid you wont be able to do anything.

So please my dear friend let me and many webmasters like me learn. Its useless staying awake in the middle of the night ( 2:00 Am now) and reading your extraordinary posts.

Whatever you say I wont be replying to you and spoil this informative and inspirational thread.

brainstormingin, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  2. CBbox

CBbox Peon

Best Answers:
    that's called marketing dude, now, stop arguing, I have seen people of your type, you better become a politician.

CBbox, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  3. surf4fun

surf4fun Peon

Best Answers:
    i came here to learn..

how stumble upon is being made and became overnight popular..
    how google is providing gmail service..
    how youtube is providing massive video upload service..
    how rapidshare is providing biggest file hosting service..
    how tnx.net got so many websites under them?
    how can we start a big dating website company..where to get the profiles?
    how can we start 2nd tier search engines.. like searchfeed.com
    how can we start rocketprofit.com ?
    how can we build trafficholder.com?

what investment is needed to start one internet online business..
    where we have to go? which sort of ppl we must have connection with?
    do they post on newspaper and hire skilled professionals..

i am fed up with,, yes sick ..
    one man sitting in sofa and making some books.. saying they made a million..

its not possible to make millions or 30k like that..

got my point..

even if possible its not a business model one would like to depend his life on.. atleast not me..

in the whole dp where are those threads.. that guide you to become a business man and start an online business.. not affiliate links posted in a webpage and pushing that affiliate links to 100 000 places to make some commission..

because i very well know those affiliate promotion thinks are for kids..

not for a business man..

who from dp now owner of a site like stumbleupon or rapidshare. which the whole world knows about? or atleast a country or city knows.. what is his annual turn over..

so being an internet marketer what do we achive in life.. shut the computer and sleep with hope .. and again starting a small proxy or post to those article directories?

a patient cannot be a doctor

why do we see visitors are claiming they are webmasters? even they know what master means?
    becoming a webmaster seems a child play, or atleast claiming to be one..

did i ever said i am a webmaster? or a business tycoon..

19 years kid in my town got a apartment and car and works all night in his computer.. and saying he is a webmaster.. i saw him with $$$$ and spending in full..
    i went to see his projects.. and see he runs a site similer to bux.to. a clone.. he got the script free from a amaader named forum.. and he advertised it a lot.. and saying he makes 5k monthly.. i said this is scamming.. you are doing ponzy.. a lot will not get paid.. he smiled and said a lot are fools in internet..

each day a guy comes in dp and pretend to be a guru of some sort and shows some screenshot and trying to sale some $$$$ earning method.. 100s of ppl purchase it.. and the guru vanishes all the way to his bank...

another type of ppl just pretend to say they are making $2k easily with affiliate marketing cpa offers etc.. when ask how.. they either say PPC. and then provide their affiliate link to join under them.. then 1000s of ppl join under them spend in ppc.. and voila he made his bank..

a so called web guru named mubinahmed .. website mubinahmed.com posted in his blog that he will show the real ways to make money online.. make money with mubinahmed.com then post in his blog.. he makes money by posting images to nasty adult picture movie forums.. he then comes over here and sells his method.. then he say a new method is coming join his mail list.. 1000s of ppl join.. then he say sorry i wont tell you this method.. yaa i am that selfish.. 4-5 month later.. he is selling article post to his blogs.. and have no clue why even he started the blog? now the site is completely modified to tease ppls with old crap posts.. he was pretending to teach ppl how to make 5k month easily.. make money with mubinahmed.. so to make money we need to post nud celebrity images in sexy forums? thats what we will do for a living as webmaster?

nasty real nasty..

web business is a business..
    web marketing is a type of marketing..
    search engines are where ppl search..
    visitors are who are looking for something(information download games movies) ..
    making 10k 30k 100k millions of billions of dollars just sitting in sofa and saying i am a webmaster.. and asking others to follow him or purchase this secret.. thats where yack starts out..

who dont have a computer? who dont have an internet now days..
    just sitting on sofa start the computer.. and getting 100k visitors is rich? and he is webmaster?

come on.. man.. life isnt that easy..

there would be no poverty then.. and ppl would not go to their jobs.. or invest millions in businesses..

i am not against webmasters..or internet marketing or dp
    i am against ppls who pretend they are webmasters and try to show others the way.. which they themselves dont know or just hanging on somewhere..

just now the attitude you see on CBbox and brainstormingin. brainstormingin works in worlds no 1 company or top 500 company.. and still needs $800 from 2 years running of his proxies.. God bless this souls.. and are webmasters.. and giving lessons..

and webwork also vanished.. and send this two ppls brainstormingin and CBbox from showing his 6month bank statement

should i tell you guys the secret..

there is no secret

and all this methods doesnt makes you rich

these things will take time out of your pocket ..and you will stay in your home..

surf4fun, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  4. APUESTASTHOR

APUESTASTHOR Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the link, thanks

:)

APUESTASTHOR, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  5. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    If I posted a thread that says: "Hey guys I make $3000 a month on CJ and so can you." But then I do not give you any idea or tips on how I make it, what is so inspirational about it? To me it's actually insulting, not inspirational.

You see, anyone who is familiar with psychology knows that people who are doing really well online never post on this or any other forums unless they have a real desire to share their knowledge with others. Those who post and brag about their high income just for fun of it are probably not stating the true state of things.

I just see no point of anyone sharing something so grandiose, yet not giving a clue how he/she has made it. To me it is borderlining with being insulting.

vitalbusiness, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  6. deedeedum

deedeedum Peon

Best Answers:
    nabs basically told you exactly HOW he does it, is that not enough? you want to know exactly WHAT sites he has? and he should do that because why? so everyone can know everything he does and compete with him? I don't think so.

deedeedum, Jun 2, 2008 IP
  7. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Heres what I am proposing to do based on what I have gathered from this thread. Big up first and foremost to nabs who really has not added anything new in regards to knowledge except one crucial factor that is underlined below:

"The rare a thing, the more its value increases, except knowledge: the more diffused it is the more valuable it becomes".

"That knowledge is superficial, which remains only on your tongue; the intrinsic merit and value of knowledge is that you act upon it".

I intend to use the Joomla content management system to compose a template that is high SEO optimised.
    www.joomla.org (FREE CMS)

Use the www.extensions.joomla.org to find FREE addons to devise a set template for the sites that have the review style and will host 100s of articles in a constructive framework.

My home country is Bangladesh although I live in the UK, I intend to use the skill of avid internet users who are well versed in english to write up 100x100 articles (10,000) over a period of time for selected niches that I will promote as affiliate. My target for all the articles is $250 - $500 for the articles (believe me it is doable, but not throught DP)

I will hunt down 100 .com domains as cheap as possible on forums. My target will be $1 a domain.

I will pay an SEO expert via rentacoder.com, getafreelancer.com to over check the SEO setup for template and article presentations and provide a diagram of how the articles are best laid out. $50

I will use the article writers to write 1000 extra articles that will distributed to ezines, etc to provide backlinks to the main sites. $100 for creation and distribution.

I will set a target of 12 months for this project.

I intend to develop and execute 100 review sites at the maximum cost of $1000.

Wish me luck and I will discuss this matter in about 6 - 8 weeks again.
    There is no need for me to chat away anymore, I need to follow nabs example and just get at it. One site at time.

inet, Jun 2, 2008 IP
  8. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    this man surf4fun, forgets basics of aff business. yeah, business. it have all the same principles like product affiliates promote, except dealing with orders, creating product (and yeah, hell, investing LOTs of money in this and chance to become poor via that), etc. So you get only percentage of income, but your risks are also very very low comparing with that. But that is also middle-man business, no less.

That was definition of that. If, surf4fun, you call other web based things business with continuos business model, you should call affiliate marketing a business too!

They may also drop from search engines, etc. And their losses will be MUCH high via that. That's why they divide (yes, true) risks between affiliates. And affiliates divide their risks between LOT of different programs (to be sure if some drops, scam, etc.). Everyone wins.

At first I thought you are just dissapointed with web things, but since you were very persistent in negativity I think you have mental problems:( sorry.

Also there are no people who invite to be like affiliates, it's everyone choice. What you see in google ads and DP - scummers which are exists in offline world too. In internet it's easier to scum people - I agree!

People making a lot of money from internet (comparing with offline HUGE investments, many in DP invest just part-time and making thousands and for years) nowadays - that is the fact! Sure there are some that don't, in real world it's all the same. Don't compare it please with doctors, compare it with businessmans, for example with your egg-farm boy who are lately at loss. Shit happens.

SEOLinker, Jun 2, 2008 IP
  9. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    inet, $1 for .com domains ? 10k unique articles for $500 at max ? $50 SEO experts ? (sorry, shouldn't use word expert here, but just to keep original sense, lol)

Yeah, I wish you LOTS of luck, based on above you'll need it badly!

SEOLinker, Jun 2, 2008 IP
  10. ExpertForumGuy

ExpertForumGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what are you trying to say?

ExpertForumGuy, Jun 2, 2008 IP
  11. dermax

dermax Peon

Best Answers:
    Just gotta say respect for money you are making :cool:

dermax, Jun 2, 2008 IP
  12. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    Last month I made $700 with Ebay Affiliate program alone, and another $800 spread across other affiliate programs along with adsense. I have been doing whitehat websites for about a year and I work about 2 hours a day, but lately I have been slacking like I said :( Not huge earnings, just compare this to what Nabs is pulling in monthly - but it pays the bills.

Right now, Mexico.

Well last month I didn't do jack squat for my websites, but it varies a lot. I try to update my sites (13) with an article every two weeks on average just for fresh content.

Per month I try to reinvest about $200-$300 on marketing across 13 sites, this includes social bookmarking services, people writing me articles for article submissions, and buying blog posts on other blogs (I pay about $5 to get a blog post on a PR4 blog, with 3 links included).

I make sure all articles on Ezine get approved. I don't pay attention to others.

I only keep track of my keyword positions and make sure I'm decently ranked for these keywords. If I'm ranked well, I can be assured I will make a good income from this keyword because it's bringing me traffic.

======================================

I will register 3 domains, then put wordpress on them, load an article, then let Google cache the article and wait 4-5 months so it can age. After that time I develop it. Per month, say I register and build one wordpress site per month.

I have all kinds of different longtail keyword rankings because of the varied buy targeted content on my sites. The bulk of my traffic comes from uncompetitive long tail keywords, but I still keep an eye on one word and two word keywords that also bring good traffic. But even then I still go for niche keywords so competition is slim for me, I don't tackle keywords like "Home Morgages" etc..

lol sharing knowledge doesn't annoy me, that's why we're on this forum. And I don't think anyone is an idiot, I just don't like negativity when it comes to what can be accomplished in life:

i.e. "Traveling to the moon is impossible!"

You know the rest of that story.

My step dad always said, "Whether you believe you can, or believe you can't - you're absolutely right!" I think he got it from the military.

That's good, all good businesses. I have nothing against businesses like these, I consider myself an entrepreneur. Within the next month I will have started importing shoes from China to Mexico for resale and I am hoping to buy some beachfront property here within the next couple months for my real estate portfolio - I'm involved in many ventures and web marketing is just one thing that I like to do to easily supplement my income.

Internet marketing is a very valid and legitimate income stream that anyone can learn (there are no secrets) and apply to make themselves money (if they want). But like any businesses, you will need to work smart (not necessarily hard) and put some money (or your own time) up.

I agree.

Life is very cheap here in Mexico, I'm living well. My web revenue typically raises roughly 10% a month on average, as long as I keep doing what I'm doing longterm prospects are good.

lol no, you'll just have to take my word for it. $1500 a month is not a lot, in America this is like 40 hours a week at minimum wage. I would be a poor man if I lived in America with just what I make from my websites haha.

My rent is $100. I'm 23 - no kids yet but maybe in the future. I need to get my passport for a car loan but I think my gf's dad will help me get one. I don't like to drown myself in luxuries like cars, big screen teevees, and whatnot - so I will probably spend about $6k on a car or truck pretty soon. I want to get into real estate my dad says I need a truck.

But I take back my invitation, I don't want anymore competition - :D

There are good places you can go to learn about business then there are bad places, like following someones referral signature to some overpriced wealth product. There are so many scams on the internet I can understand that it gets frustrating. Sometimes it can be difficult seeing what's legit and what isn't if you don't have a trained eye or general understanding of business concepts.

The first business scam I invested in I was 12, I spent $25 on a report I was to copy and then sell to others so they could copy and sell it too - LOL.

You can always be sure that the best places to go are where people are putting their minds together and just sharing information and ideas. One of my favorite places is Young Entrepreneur.

I don't believe in "secrets" to earning wealth, only good techniques applied with a healthy dose of leverage.

Here's a good recent thread on DP - FINALLY! +$1000 per month

That's basically all it boils down to.

webwork, Jun 2, 2008 IP
  13. Trisha

Trisha Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for starting a brilliant thread Nabs. I'm putting some of the valuable tips into practice and just starting to see results. It's just a shame the thread was spoiled by someone with too much time on his hands and not enough work to do.

Trisha, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  14. TelevisionShows

TelevisionShows Guest

Best Answers:
    I haven't learnt anything new from this thread.

No secrets given out.

Just basic advice.

TelevisionShows, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  15. Trisha

Trisha Active Member

Best Answers:
    This was the original intention of the thread and it encouraged me. I've gone into SEO a lot more and it's paying off. I didn't expect to find a complete tutorial on a single thread in this forum but I've done a bit of research and some hard work as a result of Nabs's encouragement. I'll let you know if I get rich. :)

Trisha, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  16. deedeedum

deedeedum Peon

Best Answers:
    isn't that what every failing student is always saying?

and they always ask the students who do well "how are you so smart and what's the secret?"

but the good student would never be able to tell them the secret, because the answer is as simple as hard work.

of course, the failing students are always blaming everyone but themselves for their failures, it's always the teachers and the schools fault they failed. *cough cough sounds like surf4fun*

failing is okay, everyone fails some time in their lives. you just have to look at why you failed, then try it another way, and just keep trying until it works. if you give up easily, then this is not for you

deedeedum, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  17. deedeedum

deedeedum Peon

Best Answers:
    webwork, i would actually suggest you pay attention to others. mass distribution article services have been really effective for me

deedeedum, Jun 3, 2008 IP
    Dominion likes this.
  18. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i know what your saying here and you are right I will need luck. But I know SEO and I know it well, all I am asking is for someone to go over what I have already done to an existing template and the article layout; there's no reason it should cost more then $50 for what will more then likely be a confirmation that the work is good. Hell I already spoke to richard who worked for efiles.com up till last and moved on to better things who will do it for free. So thats sorted :)

About the article writers. I just seen a job position filled for a full-time employee thats 36 hours for a PHP expert for a IT/Internet based company in Bangladesh for TK 12000 a month. £1 is 135 TK (approx) so for under £100 you get a PHP expert (you got to see the job spec and the resume) for 144 hours for less then $200 dollars. Now thats a skill we are talking about. I spoke to some friends over at trippertlabs who created the facebook app for EA sports 'needforspeed' and there are 1000s out of work people who have BAs and MAs in English from Bangladesh, it is number 2 or 3 in regards to the poorest country in the world!

Sure it may take me some time and creative thinking to get it done, but you just got to worker smarter man.

I remember when I fixed up sociotag (opensource plugin) for the joomla CMS and released it after outsourcing the work for $12 over at joomlancers.com. That site now has 9000 registered users and over 100,000 downloads.

Most importantly I would like to prove the point that anyone can do it.

But saying that it will need a lot of work.

inet, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  19. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This thread is more then just acquiring information. It is about the drive to succeed and this is what we must take away from it.

The first post (whether intentional or not) says it all.

'A picture speaks a thousand words.....'

inet, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  20. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    "I remember when I fixed up sociotag (opensource plugin) for the joomla CMS and released it after outsourcing the work for $12 over at joomlancers.com. That site now has 9000 registered users and over 100,000 downloads."

Maybe it's 1-2 strings fixed, so $12 would be right for anyone.

Still don't believe about PHP programer for $200. And I am from 3rd world, something like $800+ at cheapest case. If what you say true anyway I expect that these people will just go to local jobs who will pay them rates I am talking about. It's usual 3rd overseas local office programmers rates - $800-$2500 / month depending on knowledge, experience and so on. And I know MANY people from Romania, India, Ukraine (my country btw) who gets paid so. Even in china php guy gets more. Maybe $500-$1500.

But hey I've seen lot of people in DP who want to hire these people for $200. Those are 8 years ago prices for 3rd world, today is 2008, not 2000. Big growth of growing countries and huge inflation level don't allow to find someone at this price (we have 15% in average yearly inflation, so go figure how much is worth your $200 today). Yeah, I know, I know, but they also know internet and will look for DP, other sources and will go away from your super-puper $200/month position (it hards to find someone for that money even in small cities of my country today for any UNskilled job).

That's why that cheap freelance dying (I mean people who are looking to get it done for 5-10% of real price) for me too, I just switched to my sites + russian seo services market where I will not get $200 guys competing with me, lol

SEOLinker, Jun 3, 2008 IP