1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

indexu - any good?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by harrisonford, May 30, 2008.

how does indexu rate as a directory script please. ive used phpld etc but not this script

harrisonford, May 30, 2008 IP
  2. aubenrey

aubenrey Banned

Best Answers:
    There are many script out there on the WWW and each one has its own unique features and such, May I suggest you download the free versions and try them for yourself. You will then get a feel for each script and obviously select the one which feels right for you and has the features you require.

Thanks
    aubenrey

aubenrey, May 31, 2008 IP
  3. seokicker

seokicker Peon

Best Answers:
    What are you looking for? And is there any reason that phpld is not enough for you.

I see indexu has built-in payment and discount coupon. Good if you plan to offer free and paid directory.

seokicker, May 31, 2008 IP
  4. Rod_Purnell

Rod_Purnell Peon

Best Answers:
    This is obviously the best advice and this was the way I eventually chose INDEXU for my directories. All the available scripts out there all have individual merits, but it will come down to what you like the best.

Rod_Purnell, May 31, 2008 IP
  5. deebee

deebee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say it competes very well with the major php directory scripts. You can check out Conference Venue in my sig to see it in action.

deebee, May 31, 2008 IP
    JamieG likes this.
  6. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    It wouldn't you know, Its nowhere near in the same league as phpld or esyndicat, I'm not even going to mention the script I promote, and is missing some fundamental features vital to the growth of a directory.

I won't name them as I'm not paid to do that, but would say anyone using this script is going to face problems as they grow bigger and their category structure gets any larger than say 5,000 its going to run into problems.

That said, it does have some really nice simple features and although its a bit pricey for my liking it is okay. :)

JamieG, May 31, 2008 IP
  7. seokicker

seokicker Peon

Best Answers:
    JamieG, it sound that you have tried this script before and has a bad experience :D
    I'd like to say the opposite one. This script is very good, all included out of the box. But this script is not so popular here.

8. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes I have tried it, that's part of my remit. I haven't had any bad experiences with it at all I just happen to know it has some weakness' that will have to be addressed at some stage. I'll repeat, it 100% is nowhere near as good as the main scripts which now I'm pleased to be able to say includes ours. ;)

JamieG, May 31, 2008 IP
  9. harrisonford

harrisonford Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe I should get a custom script but seo is important to me , plus I will maybe have 8k of paying members , I may even take on a partner as its so big

harrisonford, May 31, 2008 IP
  10. DragonGuy

DragonGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    :eek: I can't agree with you. I seldom post in the directory forum. But your comment is too biased and I couldn't help saying something fair for indexu.

To the contrary, I tried phpld or esyndicat and I've left these paid liscenses unused till now. I chosen indexu because it's a more powerful sript for business or B2B type sites compared with others (in my view).

If you're building sites simply for selling links, phpld is perfect fit. The disadvantage with indexu is there're few good templates or template designers available.

DragonGuy, May 31, 2008 IP
  11. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Quite the contrary, I avoided posting about the script I represent. I can back my posts up with facts DragonGuy, and I can categorically say after trying all the scripts I mentioned that indexu is probably the weaker although I do like some of the features it has. :)

JamieG, May 31, 2008 IP
  12. DragonGuy

DragonGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're really full of humor. Everybody knows the script "you're trying to avoid posting and promoting here".:p

DragonGuy, May 31, 2008 IP
  13. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Sure they do, I make no hidden secret of my allegiance. I can still back up why I think the THREE scripts I mention (or hint of) are better than indexu and not just the one you think I'm promoting even though I never mentioned it. ;)

Back on the subject, indexu is okay, it isn't the best by a long shot and is far more expensive than any of the others even though it has a lot less features than any of them, and that's an unbias view. You want a bias view? Compare the features and pricing, I need say no more.

JamieG, May 31, 2008 IP
  14. seokicker

seokicker Peon

Best Answers:
    If you concern about seo, indexu is my favorite. Check indexu.net

- category page and detail page seo friendly url
    - and the most important they have tags in front page as well as every inner category page

check how many pages indexed with google: site:indexu.net

15. best918

best918 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am new to here learned

best918, May 31, 2008 IP
  16. harrisonford

harrisonford Peon

Best Answers:
    so whats this script?

ive tryed phpld, phpmydirectory and easysindicate and each one has good points , such as templates and good admin features. i wish there was one that did it all lol.

harrisonford, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  17. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Check my sig. All scripts have their good points and bad points, ours including. I was only responding to the claim indexu could stand up to the main players when they can't, at least not in my opinion.

JamieG, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  18. deebee

deebee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd be interested to learn why you don't think it stacks up?

deebee, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  19. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Price being the obvious one, features the next. I do like it to a degree and am not going to put it down unnecessarily so won't go into detail to avoid that. I'd simply say compare them yourself and then come back to me telling me I'm wrong.

JamieG, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  20. harrisonford

harrisonford Peon

Best Answers:
    having used indexu now for a week i find it a lot better than any other script in terms of No1 Support from the forum and mods available

harrisonford, Jun 9, 2008 IP