1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are people making much money from squidoo?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by teapoint, May 27, 2008.

1. Janet

Janet Peon

Best Answers:
    The spam has been cleaned up a lot. How long ago were you on Squidoo making lenses?

Oops! Forgot to thank you for the nice compliment. :)

Janet, May 29, 2008 IP
  2. mafaltti

mafaltti Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, I really don't understand how to make cash with Squidoo. :p How does it work?

mafaltti, May 29, 2008 IP
  3. NaughtyNeo

NaughtyNeo Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the fact that with squidoo you don't have to signup for different affiliate network and go through each of them to add their products etc. Adding amazon, ebay, netflix etc is so easy on squidoo.
    But I seriously doubt that there are many people who are making a decent living from squidoo income alone. I have seen giant squids with over 300 lenses posting their squidoo income details. It is like $200 to $400/month. But if you can promote some products through squidoo and use the power of squidoo to attract google traffic, then it might make you good money.

NaughtyNeo, May 29, 2008 IP
    freelancer4hire likes this.
  4. cccharish

cccharish Peon

Best Answers:
    Hubpages is more compact and ranks better than squidoo on google search. For a starter, hubpages or blogger is the best web tool to start making money online. Invest sometime on understanding the concept of affiliate marketing and pay per click advertising before going for paid hosting. Always start small and dream big.

cccharish, May 29, 2008 IP
  5. Janet

Janet Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not making a living on Squidoo (yet!), but I have made over $400/month for the last 6 months which is great. And, I did this with 74 lenses. So, when I get to 300 lenses, who knows what kind of revenue is possible. This may not be the norm, but it shows that it can be done.

I really don't want to get into a Squidoo v. Hubpages debate here, but I will say that they are both good platforms each having their advantages and disadvantages. You need to chose the one that works best for you. And, if you have the time, do both (and throw in a blog or two!) ;)

Janet, May 30, 2008 IP
  6. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That happens sometimes, but not all the time. I have some Hubs and Lenses on the exact same topics and usually Squidoo destroys HubPages, but sometimes HubPages does a little better.

So why not just use both? :p

MTbiker, May 30, 2008 IP
  7. teapoint

teapoint Peon

Best Answers:
    That's what attracted me to squidoo, as well as the fact that all payments come in through paypal. :)

Which modules are driving in the most commissions for you guys (and girls of course)?

teapoint, May 30, 2008 IP
  8. nicogranelli

nicogranelli Peon

Best Answers:
    I just want to remark something for the newbies reading this post.

You can use Squidoo, Hubpages and blogs. What you can't do is posting THE SAME content. You could resume your blog in Squidoo Lens, or resume your Squidoo Lens in your blog. But don't post the exactly same content in 2 or more of them, because google would penalize you.

nicogranelli, May 30, 2008 IP
  9. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    Squidoo is great if used properly, find a niche and dominate all parts of it with various lenses. I have one lens that currently brings in a couple hundred a month for me, my others all give some sporadic affiliate sales through CB and independant companies, as well as Squidoo royalties and website traffic.

Gallito, May 30, 2008 IP
  10. nicogranelli

nicogranelli Peon

Best Answers:
    Those hundreds a month, come from where? Squidoo royalties or affiliates?

nicogranelli, May 30, 2008 IP
  11. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    Affiliates..Squidoo royalties = like $5 a month from adsense per lens lol

Gallito, May 30, 2008 IP
  12. titaniumhijau

titaniumhijau Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like we need to make many lense if really want to make money from squidoo. I just join and need to do a lots of work if want to earn well. Hope i can do something with squidoo too. :)

titaniumhijau, May 30, 2008 IP
  13. billurell

billurell Peon

Best Answers:
    I have about 15 lenses. I use them for links and traffic. I do not use them to make money by themselves, but rather to drive traffic deep into categories in my blog my site. I have a lens for each blog category.Other than Google search, Squidoo provides the greatest amount of visitors to my site. These are visitors who might not find my site by the front door. I have concentrated on traffic and will soon be converting my main site to an income producer.

billurell, May 30, 2008 IP
  14. Trusted Writer

Trusted Writer Banned

Best Answers:
    No money and no links back fron Squidoo, but from HubPages.

Trusted Writer, May 31, 2008 IP
    freelancer4hire likes this.
  15. nicogranelli

nicogranelli Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you put links without rel="nofollow" in squidoo and hubpages? that would be a nice way too create PR too

nicogranelli, May 31, 2008 IP
  16. Cryogenius

Cryogenius Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can. However, HubPages has a very strict linking policy, and will impose nofollow to your links if you don't abide by them.

Squidoo is much friendlier :)

Cryogenius, May 31, 2008 IP
  17. ithates2bu

ithates2bu Peon

Best Answers:
    Janet, your lens was very very helpful. Loved those others too : on novelty gifts, guys' boxer shorts and cool mice! Great Job!

Personally, as an SEO I feel that squidoo's just another doorway page that I can use with many others to drive traffic to my sites. Although, I would surely that it will positively be one of the best traffic sources; if I use it effectively.

As of now, I've not done a lot with it - at just 4 lenses. Let's see how it helps me...

ithates2bu, May 31, 2008 IP
  18. Janet

Janet Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for checking out my lenses.

When I first signed up with Squidoo, it was to promote my image hosting site. That was the only reason I was there. Then, I started making a few more lenses, starting making money and I became addicted. So, be careful or before you know it you may became a Squidoo addict, too. ;)

Janet, May 31, 2008 IP
  19. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Can you please point me to the link policy for HubPages?

One other question, if you create a new hub, will it get significant traffic on it's own from the HubPages network, or do you need to promote the HubPages?

Thanks

dcristo, Jun 2, 2008 IP
  20. Cryogenius

Cryogenius Peon

Best Answers:
    The Unofficial Rules for HubPages has been put together, and will explain it all to you.

Cryogenius, Jun 3, 2008 IP