1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Losing my faith in Adwords. Need some testimonials please!

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by gregdavidson, May 30, 2008.

So far I haven't really had any success using Google Adwords. Even with targeted traffic visitors just seem to visit your website then leave. Can somebody please tell me about any success you've had with Adwords because I'm starting to get very frustrated!

gregdavidson, May 30, 2008 IP
  2. mikesed

mikesed Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been very successful with Adwords. Not only have we built up our customer base very quickly using it but I also make a good living through my expertise in it.

From your post it might be your landing pages (if we assume you are getting targeted traffic).

Have you got them going to specific pages designed to convert them to customers or are you just pointing them to the home page (A real no no!).

Try creating a number of different landing pages and split test (Google Website Optimiser in Adwords is great for doing this and it's free).

Good luck.

Mike

mikesed, May 30, 2008 IP
  3. RunningKik

RunningKik Peon

Best Answers:
    IF you're getting the correct targetted traffic, it seems the problem may be with your website.

Experiment with different designs, use specific landing pages as mikesed said, and use Google Analytics or similar to see what works best.

RunningKik, May 31, 2008 IP
  4. Mega B

Mega B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you use Adwords correctly it is a Great tool to promote your site very fast and then gradually reduce it as Organic growth kicks in.

Mega B, May 31, 2008 IP
  5. ppcfool

ppcfool Active Member

Best Answers:
    what do you want your visitors to do?

-buy
    -signup
    -lead

etc...

this needs to be clear on your landing page, remember the whole picture

keywords --> ad --> landing page

ppcfool, May 31, 2008 IP
  6. casualmusic

casualmusic Active Member

Best Answers:
    How's the quality of your landing page? Are you linking to the top page of your website or the relevant subpage?

casualmusic, May 31, 2008 IP
  7. duncan pollock

duncan pollock Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're getting visitors, your AdWord caqmpaign is working.
    If they aren't staying, never mind getting in touch with you (i.e. converting), the problem lies in EITHER a landing page that doesn't give them the information they're seeking OR your website doesn't a good enough job of it.

Duncan :)

duncan pollock, Jun 2, 2008 IP
  8. Jaguar.X.05

Jaguar.X.05 Banned

Best Answers:
    you have to ask adwords experts for them to give you the correct path. Adwords is very crucial.. good luck

Jaguar.X.05, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  9. Alan22

Alan22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just what keywords that you consider targeted? If keywords like "how to make money online" or "make money eBook" is not targeted enough.
    Use very specific brand keywords name like "Super Affiliate Handbook", "Butterfly Marketing", etc.
    Then, your landing page is another factor. Try collecting email address of your visitors and keep following up.

Alan22, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  10. Zaharey

Zaharey Member

Best Answers:
    If you are running an AdWords campaign to promote your product or someone else’s as an affiliate, make sure you build an opt-in list. There are several autoresponder systems out there, but the two most popular are GetResponse and Aweber.
    Building a list will let you to stay in contact with your visitors, so that you can send e-mails to them until they buy the product. And send some back-end offers in the future. All of this will greatly increase your profits. Otherwise, you might never again see the people that go to your site and leave without buying.:D

Zaharey, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  11. BeCreative

BeCreative Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to look back at your campaign and your keywords and landing page as well. Are they targeted enough? Sometimes you just need to improve your websites to make it sell. Only website that sell well will generate you some ROI from adwords. If not you are just wasting your money. :)

BeCreative, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  12. salman4raza

salman4raza Peon

Best Answers:
    since i start my website, and after working for about 3 years on it, i finally decide to use adwords, and you know i get the customers in one month that in past takes on year or more.

its perfect for me . you should test some other types, like for search for content for locations, trying different keywords etc. there is a lot that can be tested. and when you get right key, you will win i bet.

salman4raza, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  13. diggo

diggo Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a very minor success. My second campaign last week pulled a $33 sale from just 5 clicks/ $1.70 adspend. Ok, not really a success; just luck :p

diggo, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  14. jamesterror

jamesterror Guest

Best Answers:
    My site contains advice and information, and it has bought in just over 100 unique hits in less than half a week of being open, (that excludes myself, bots, spiders etc). And has cost me less than $4.00

jamesterror, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  15. T_Media

T_Media Peon

Best Answers:
    Want a success story?

One of our clients sells cat scratching posts, before using adwords he was selling wholesale to shops in the UK. Having used AdWords with us, he has been so successful that he has now dropped selling wholesale almost entirely to reduce his workload because he now makes enough from selling retail on AdWords.

With the right products, the right market and the right AdWords knowledge, making a living from it is certainly a fair proposition.

T_Media, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  16. goscript

goscript Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    With the right landing page and the right keywords you can't go wrong. Make sure you create your ads nice, so people clicking on your ads get what they expected to.

goscript, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  17. PPC-Coach

PPC-Coach Active Member

Best Answers:
    First you mention 100 uniques and that you're getting traffic but it's not converting. This could be that your keywords are not targetted enough. You said it's targeted, but is it really? People using adwords seem to think that more traffic is always better. That is not the case, more CONVERTING traffic is better. You're paying per click so don't just go by "I got 100 uniques", big deal, did your keyword match your ad which matched your landing page? Need more info to help ya bro.

PPC-Coach, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  18. anshu18

anshu18 Banned

Best Answers:
    I am getting amazing response from Google Adwords. In fact i am maintaining 13.23% conversion rate for 2 clients. My clients are getting 450% ROI from Adwords itself.

In fact as per my 3 years of experience, Adwords is a real good tool to get traffic & sale (if used properly).

As you have mentioned that you are getting relevant traffic but not the conversions then their might be some problem with your landing page & website functionalities.

Do the analysis of your website landing page & make required changes. You might get more insight from your Analytics account like at which point u'r visitors are living the site etc.

Here i am posting some landing page factors (from one of my blog post) which can be helpful for you:

Landing Page Quality Factors:

The first impression of a website by a user occurs in less than 10 seconds, in this very small duration visitor generally decide whether to stay on a website or move to another.

So, we have a very less time to convey the relevancy, importance, quality of our company through the page design.

When visitors click on the ad, then they should land at a page clearly displaying the information or product/service offered in the ad. If users do not immediately find what prompted them to click on your ad, they’re more likely to leave your site without converting.

We should try different version of text, image and layout on our landing page to find out the most effective page. Here, we should try Website Optimizer. The results will show what’s most effective in increasing conversions on your page and boosting your return on investment.

The landing page should be easy to navigate so that visitors can easily find what they are searching for. We should create a simple process for users to complete transactions. The final page where visitor can complete the transactions should be easily approachable from the landing page.

Landing page should not be a splash page as it can confuse a visitor. We should avoid using flash, animation & other fancy code to fascinate the visitors as all these increases the loading time of the page. We should focus on simple & clear layout that allows visitors to find what they want in the shortest time available.

Landing page should not use pop-ups & pop under as they result in to negative user experience.

Landing page should have relevant & original content. We should also take care of the transparency.

anshu18, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  19. mullman99

mullman99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you are getting traffic but the website you sending the customers too is not too good or perhaps is not targeted traffic to the site. Try looking at your landing page, does it make you want to buy what you are selling?

mullman99, Jun 10, 2008 IP