1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New landing page earned me $100 overnight! +(free landing page template inside)

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by popedope, May 28, 2008.

Hey everyone.

To celebrate my 200th post, I want to explain how I boosted one of my sites from making no sales in two months to making a $100 sale the night after I made a brand new landing page for it.

To tell the truth, I got this idea from looking at one of falafelfro's landing pages I found for when he was promoting Water4Gas and spurred me into reinvigorating a dorment site of mine.

I basically looked at my site, a content site (full of articles) promoting Rocket Spanish and thought that it focused too heavily on providing info to the visitor instead of pressuring them enough to purchase (this is actually one of the biggest problems with marketing CB products with blogs)

So I took the ideas from fal's landing page (NO content, just basic ideas) and then whipped them up on the homepage of my site in a design similar to the one below:

NEWS-STYLE HEADLINE (I.E 3rd Person and interesting)

Sub header & paragraph (explains headline)

[​IMG]

For this landing page, I basically made the whole point to get the user to naturally click on the get more info button. Admittedly it doesn't do that just yet but it's almost there.

To start with, you need to use a NEWS-STYLE headline. This will by something like:

"Brand New Registry Cleaner Gives You The Ability To Brush Error Popups Aside With Latest Never Before Seen Technology..."

You need to put them in the picture and explain, in a nutshell, why the product you're promoting is so good for them and why it will fix their problem.

Next you got the subhead / paragraph. For this, you basically just need to build on what you had for the headline in a more specific manor. For example:

"Following the simple on-screen instructions will straighten any registry error on your Windows PC automatically in seconds.

Sounds too good to be true? Why try the free demo..."

Next you just need to look at the image I've uploaded to see where you put the various things. I've actually done a landing page for Regcure here:

[​IMG]

popedope, May 28, 2008 IP
    Swerd and snowbird like this.
  2. bigkhong

bigkhong Peon

Best Answers:
    Good for you. Listing the benefits is a smart move.

bigkhong, May 28, 2008 IP
  3. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for this template. I'll try it after I finish my own split-testing.

Thanks,
    nadavs

nadavs, May 28, 2008 IP
  4. WaterCar4Idiots.Com

WaterCar4Idiots.Com Peon

Best Answers:
    When your advertising a free trial/demo or CPA, you really don't want them hanging on your page to long, and preselling becomes less needed. Actually just Put up a download link wherever your heart desires! Your main problem was not letting the product do the selling, assuming regcure was the actual product.

WC4Idiots

WaterCar4Idiots.Com, May 28, 2008 IP
  5. popedope

popedope Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey thanks for the input but I actually want to say that I think a presell is actually needed because many people are so skeptical that software off the net will give them viruses that they need some sort of authority to assure them it's okay.

Putting up a download link just anywhere will likely confuse the visitor and if you put it up enough - will look spammy. By presenting your offer in a concise and sequential way (like the template), you can give them the assurance they need in order to make a subliminal choice that it's okay to proceed with it.

6. laird

laird Peon

Best Answers:
    Does your landing page only have this or a regular template (header/footer, side navigation to articles) etc?

laird, May 28, 2008 IP
  7. popedope

Best Answers:
    It doesnt have the side navigation because that detracts from the reader's natural reading path but I do keep the top header / navigation section.

I basically make the homepage my organic landing page with that bad boy on it. This way, anyone who browses to the site will instantly be presented with the product they *should* be looking for.

I used to have the mindset that creating sites was all about retaining visitors and all that stuff, but now I realize it's just about the sale.

Here's my earnings screenshot from a couple of days ago to prove what I do works: [​IMG]

8. laird

laird Peon

Best Answers:
    Mind if I ask - Is the traffic to your landing page (and it's predecessor) driven solely by organic searches or coupled with Adwords campaigns?

laird, May 28, 2008 IP
  9. popedope

Best Answers:
    Don't spend anything on Adwords - it's all either viral traffic or organic SEO traffic.

10. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    popedope

You have some nice Clickbank stats out there ;) Where do you create your landing pages? And what kind of products do you promote ? (high gravity - competitive or low gravity - micro niches)

bl4ckmaN^, May 28, 2008 IP
  11. bunch

bunch Peon

Best Answers:
    I would like to know if you social bookmark (create backlinks) your stuff or use adwords?

how do you get your traffic I guess is my question.

bunch, May 28, 2008 IP
  12. jeffreyhuan

jeffreyhuan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing this fantastic template. I'll try it.

jeffreyhuan, May 28, 2008 IP
  13. Swerd

Swerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    congrats on the sales again popedope.

The lander looks great!

+rep

Swerd, May 28, 2008 IP
  14. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, now I'm split-testing this layout vs. my original layout. Let's see which converts more.

nadavs

nadavs, May 28, 2008 IP
  15. fizfaz

fizfaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing your landing page.. should give try on this..

fizfaz, May 29, 2008 IP
  16. popedope

Best Answers:
    Hey

I put how I pick what I promote in my sig but a general rule would be to go for products that people need. Regardless of how big the niche is, just go for what people deperately want or need in order to fix a problem they have.

I tend to stay clear of the more novelty products such as those car search sites and movie downloads because people don't *need* them. Since I don't promote on Adwords yet, I tend to go for niches with lots of traffic in them which tends to lean towards the popular products however it's all to do with what keywords you target and what copy (and landing pages) you present your visitors.

I get my traffic from search engines, Yahoo answers, forums and general viral promotions. I don't buy any traffic.

popedope, May 29, 2008 IP
  17. ababneh84

ababneh84 Member

Best Answers:
    congrats on the sales

ababneh84, May 29, 2008 IP
  18. rickyou

rickyou Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you putting just that template? Do you have any information before or after the template?

Rick

rickyou, May 29, 2008 IP
  19. bess

bess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very good sales, indeed. Congratulations.

bess, May 29, 2008 IP
  20. popedope

Best Answers:
    I put some copy before the template itself to warm them up as it were.

popedope, May 29, 2008 IP