1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Vista or Windows 7

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kattposh43, May 28, 2008.

?

Which OS is the Best

1. Windows Vista

33 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Windows 7 (Vienna)

27 vote(s)
    49.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    Hi All

I am planning to purchase a laptop for my Personal & Business purpose

When i checked in the showroom i came to know that the latest laptops comes with Vista

I have heard that Vista has lots of Bugs which makes the system Crashes & XP is no more available in market

Vista is a failed Product

Is Windows 7 (Vienna) is good, should i need to wait till the windows Vienna Release

When is the windows 7 Gonna Release as i am anxiously waiting to get my notebook with windows Vienna

Is Vienna same like Vista, According to my experience i want to say that "Vista Sucks" as it takes more space & need more RAM compared to XP

What do you think which is the better OS VISTA or WINDOWS VIENNA

i am having problems with Vista in my office PC.

Any Suggestions

Thanks in Advance

kattposh43, May 28, 2008 IP
  2. newcity

newcity Peon

Best Answers:
    wait till Windows Vienna Comes ..then you shall reap.. also use Xp for now :)

Its always good to wait.. some thing good will always come to people who wait.

Newcity ;)

newcity, May 28, 2008 IP
  3. rochow

rochow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, that's the question - will Vienna be better than Vista or just another flop?

To be on the safe side, grab yourself a system with no OS and buy XP. If you look on ebay, you can find some really cheap setups (I paid $500 for a new system the other day, better than the ones retailing for $1000 in stores) Scamming isn't really a problem, just buy from someone with lots positive feedback - you'll find people with xx,xxx sales! Wish I could sell that much stuff :D

Or wait around a few years, find out it sucks, then buy a new setup! Even if it is good, you'll probably want a new system/upgrade by the time its released so that it runs like a breeze, not "yay I scrape in with the specs!"

rochow, May 29, 2008 IP
  4. Trusted Writer

Trusted Writer Banned

Best Answers:
    Windows Vista comes with IE 7, comment hat has nothing to do with this, I know, but please do not link a respectable city's name with a questionable new product regardless the inepts... erm... I mean the Microsoft's IT's named it that way.

I got a new laptop and then I managed a way to downgrade it to XP and from there I was able to make a dual boot system to have an alternat decent OS like WIN98SE

I prefer IE 6.1 with the old Web SurfAce shel to make of explorer a tabbed web browser with all and even extra features that FF... and Web SurfAce dates back to 1999 so there is no such thing as a "rediscovering the web" either.

I'm sorry to say all this but I'm just having a bad hair night (due to my timezone date) ;)

Trusted Writer, May 29, 2008 IP
  5. rochow

rochow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You replying to the right post? :confused:

rochow, May 29, 2008 IP
  6. Trusted Writer

Trusted Writer Banned

Best Answers:
    Probably not, I just checked my User CP and I found another similar thread causing the confusion... "Do you use Internet Explorer 7 ?? "

As said before, I had a bad hair night :-|

SEOLinker likes this.
  7. TechAbhi

TechAbhi Banned

Best Answers:
    Windows Vista is much secure than windows XP...if ur systm meets all its requiremnt, then u wud love vista...there is no point in waiting for Windows 7, as its going to take more than 3 years atleast...

TechAbhi, May 29, 2008 IP
  8. rochow

rochow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There's no point waiting 3 years to get a laptop just for an O/S - especially when it can just be bought at a later date, and there is no evidence it's even going to be good.

Can't say I agree with the security part, but I agree there's no point waiting.

rochow, May 29, 2008 IP
  9. tokyoice

tokyoice Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go for Windows XP, Vista is really terrible..

tokyoice, May 29, 2008 IP
  10. Trusted Writer

Trusted Writer Banned

Best Answers:
    Microsoft may announce whatever they want, but they signed an agreement to keep XP for low-profile computers after such deadline.

Furthermore, Microsoft just resurrected the support area for Windows 2000 and Windows 98 if you pay a visit to is site.

Doing an online research will also lead you to communities which users mantain unnoficial support and file updates for all the previous operating systems, including MS-Dos... who could believe it, there is a graphical MS-Dos web browser which is not like Internet Explorer, but interesting as an experiment.

11. Zero

Zero Peon

Best Answers:
    I also go for Windows XP - i love it and it is enough. ;)

Zero, May 29, 2008 IP
  12. BrentsTeam

BrentsTeam Member

Best Answers:
    Just go with Linux, there are many different ones out there. It will save you hundreds and the OS is free and so is the Office suite. Plus you won't really need a virus scanner either as Windows is the target. In case you feel safer with a virus scanner, you can just go to "Add/Remove Programs" and download one for free.

That is what I use on my home computer and I love it.

BrentsTeam, May 29, 2008 IP
  13. falsealarm

falsealarm Peon

Best Answers:
    What a bunch of misinformed group of users! I have been using Vista and 64bit version of it to be exact since the last 12+ months on a custom built desktop and a Compaq laptop WITHOUT any issues what-so-ever. I work as a developer and have tools from a ton of different platforms installed running successfully. Where do you get off claiming that Vista is a failed product?

falsealarm, May 29, 2008 IP
    Bryce likes this.
  14. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its the first time Microsoft have announced their next operating system this early after a new release. That surely means Vista isn't doing too good or perhaps the negative publicity got to them. I'd say go for a new laptop with no OS like rochow suggested earlier...and then buy xp from ebay or amazon

sar420, May 29, 2008 IP
  15. Bryce

Bryce Peon

Best Answers:
    First person on this thread who's making any sense. I'm also a developer and all my software (Zend, Visual Studio, Navicat, Photoshop) installed and works perfectly fine on my HP and Dell workstations running Vista. The Dell with Vista is a dedicated music/video production machine and I've had no problems with hardware (usb mixers, firewire video) or software (Cubase, Acid, Ableton, Fruity Loops). Traditionally, music/video hardware and software have always been suspect to OS changes but Vista plays nice with my existing gear.

I'm still running XP Professional on my main HP laptop and I have Ubuntu Linux on my old Compaq laptop, not to mention my dedicated servers running RHEL...

Anybody who is ripping on Vista, you either have a cheap computer or you don't know what you're doing.

Bryce, May 29, 2008 IP
  16. Orien

Orien Active Member

Best Answers:
    Finally, there's some more sensible voices here. I remember being very alone in my opinion just a few months ago. ;)

Orien, May 29, 2008 IP
  17. MarketExpert

MarketExpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just purchased a laptop for my personal business. I am happy with vista.

MarketExpert, May 29, 2008 IP
  18. Bryce

Bryce Peon

Best Answers:
    It's just like when Win95, WinNT, Win98, Win2K or XP came out. Lot's of people complained but with computers (technology), it's essential to keep one step ahead while never forgetting the past. There's always some trade-off but in real life, it's either evolve or extinction.

Yeah, Vista was made to enhance the "multimedia" experience and make it easily accessible for even grandma and have the cutesy gadgets but it took me less than 15 minutes to get my Vista installs comfortable. Vista is an evolution and as developers, we can't afford not to find it's strengths and work around the weaknesses. Sure beats the 8bit Atari400 and Apple II that I started programming on 26 years ago :D

Bryce, May 29, 2008 IP
  19. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The majority of people like Vista. But the majority who like it keep quiet. The ones who dont like it are more vocal of course. So it seems like more people hate Vista than like it which is not true.

worldman, May 30, 2008 IP
    Bryce likes this.
  20. obay

obay Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Vista isn't a failed project, and it no longer has any bugs (not many of coruce) becasue of the new SP1

obay, May 30, 2008 IP