1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Laptop Issue: Hp Pavilion dv6000 shuts down automatically

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by EnPassant, May 28, 2008.

Hello,

My HP Laptop shuts down automatically while I am working on serious stuff. Just randomly you can say.

I do not know why, I am not a hardware guy myself but its clear that something in the back of the laptop makes much noise when that happens. Like the fan or such.

The noise gets higher, and when I monitor CPU usage it goes up very surprisingly, like something push it to the floor and then it shut down randomly.

Where should I go? I am past factory guarantee, and I am uncertain about the health of my system. Please suggest resolutions to this, thanus!

Actually, I can use the PC for now but that one also got a power problem. When i push the power button it makes me feel like its going to launch as normal but suddenly fail to start before i even see anything on the screen. I have sent that one also for repair, then it worked fine for a few hours then the same problem comes again.

Wow, I hate that, both computers need serious solutions and I do not believe the repair center anymore.

EnPassant, May 28, 2008 IP
  2. terminator69

terminator69 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like it's overheating. Try and keep some space between the bottom and whatever surface you have it on.

terminator69, May 28, 2008 IP
  3. EnPassant

EnPassant Active Member

Best Answers:
    How can I do that exactly? I am afraid I can't get you. The laptop is on a solid straight surface, how to make a space between this and that? Thanks-- overheating? I thought I got a decent RAM, processor that will keep me up with good programs..

4. WestBoy

WestBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    I've got a dv9000... The same thing happens to me although I have 2 GB RAM....

You need to have a sort of a board with things poking out on the sides and place the laptop on that.

WestBoy, May 28, 2008 IP
  5. terminator69

terminator69 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Put a pen or something under it so there is less strain on the fan. If this is the problem you could consider a laptop cooling pad.

It doesn't matter how much ram etc you have. If the fan can't cool well enough the computer will overheat and shutdown.

terminator69, May 28, 2008 IP
    EnPassant likes this.
  6. EnPassant

EnPassant Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, looks like a common problem.Well thanks, I will try your suggestion, thanks!

7. prinzcy

prinzcy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Used the cooling pad, it work on my laptop.

prinzcy, May 28, 2008 IP
  8. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    You can use something like people using for their printer (stand) so it keep some space between the bottom and whatever surface you have it on.

DON.

deluxdon, May 28, 2008 IP
  9. rockinfuture

rockinfuture Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess your laptop is getting overheated. You need to show this to a person who repairs and know about hardware. Overheating causes untimely shutdown.... Get it fixed otherwise whole laptop will be gone!!!

rockinfuture, May 29, 2008 IP