1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

!! PayPal FRAUD?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by netcollection, May 27, 2008.

Hi, 2 minutes ago I received an email from PayPal, they announce me that my account have been limited, they give me a link in email to access my account, i didn't use link, I have logged in from https, and after login a look to see if my account was limited (my account was limited because I have my account just from 1 month, but i send them an copy from my ID card to lift limits) but nothing like that, my account was verified not limited. It's this another way to fraud PayPal users? I have forwarded email to PayPal so they verify, now I wait they their response. Below it's email

netcollection, May 27, 2008 IP
  2. Western

Western Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    its a phishing or fraud e-mail n but paypal is always looking for fiction to limit access and keep money for long terms

Western, May 27, 2008 IP
  3. FreelanceFirm

FreelanceFirm Banned

Best Answers:
    It is a phising mail because Paypal always mail it's clients using their name like
    Dear. ALEX STAFFORD
    It will never send you mail as Dear Paypal Member.

FreelanceFirm, May 27, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  4. Korrupt

Korrupt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its's a phishing attempt for sure

Korrupt, May 27, 2008 IP
  5. YIAM

YIAM Notable Member

Best Answers:
    and they will never say to do this.

YIAM, May 27, 2008 IP
  6. Trusted Writer

Trusted Writer Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes indeed, a phising email written by a noobie since Paypal never emails to "undisclosed-recipitents" and they will never send from an email under a domain such as security.com ;)

Trusted Writer, May 27, 2008 IP
  7. netcollection

netcollection Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your replies. Today I received the confirmation from paypal and yes it was an phishing email.

netcollection, May 27, 2008 IP
  8. Pervert-For-Life

Pervert-For-Life Banned

Best Answers:
    no not always paypal mail me with my real name.... i receive a email yesterday from paypal and it didnt mention my name on top.. and it was sent by paypal not phishing emails.... but the main thing between fake and real paypal email is that PayPal never send a LINK to anyone for login.... paypal will always tell you to goto PayPal.com and login into your account... they will not send a login link to anyone.... this is the main difference between a fake phishing email and paypal....

also now a days even if you dont login to a fake phishing site, they can still steal your password because all these new phishing scripts have background installer that install keyloggers in the background... all you need to do is click on the link and open the page for 10 sec which is enough time to install a small exe files and melt it down on your system... and they dont need you to enter your paypal login into on that fake site.... there are dirty peoples who are selling this new kind of hacking scripts at very cheap price.... i report one to a the domain company about one such site but no action was taken....

Pervert-For-Life, May 29, 2008 IP