1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's wrong with my laptop?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HiLoRoller, May 24, 2008.

I'm having problems with my Acer laptop I've had now for 3 years. Yes, I am due for a new laptop, but I still want to get this one working.

Anyway, sometimes it is unresponsive when I try to power it on. So, what I'll do is close the laptop and then give the bottom of it a nice smack. This will work sometimes to get it to turn on, but then many times it will just freeze up after being on for about 5 minutes.

Its very unreliable at the moment, but I have got it working a few times. Is there something I can replace to fix this issue?

Thanks in Advance!

HiLoRoller, May 24, 2008 IP
  2. FOX LORE

FOX LORE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Take it to a professional laptop fixer. Serious or replace it.

FOX LORE, May 24, 2008 IP
  3. peterh35

peterh35 Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe some chips inside the labtop is loose or misplaced. why dont you open the bottom and restock the rams and stuff.

peterh35, May 24, 2008 IP
  4. mimm

mimm Banned

Best Answers:
    That must be a problem with your hard disk. You shouldn't give it a nice smack, mate.

mimm, May 24, 2008 IP
  5. HiLoRoller

HiLoRoller Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was thinking something along those lines

HiLoRoller, May 25, 2008 IP
  6. mimm

mimm Banned

Best Answers:
    My friend had the same problem with you. When she went to the laptop service center she was told that something wrong with with hard disk or maybe motherboard. I think you should go to Acer service center, stop "smacking" it :) because I'm afraid it is motherboard's error. That's all I can say, my friend. I wish I'm helping you.

mimm, May 25, 2008 IP