1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

vBulletin/IPB Wordpress CMS Integration and Social Network

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by EJRaven, Jun 16, 2007.

When I was deciding which forum software I was going to support first for my initial software release at Raven Technologies, I came across two problems:

Wordpress forum support was poor and that vBulletin didn't have a Social Networking system like IPB, so I started writing and researching about these two issues. The result were two solutions that will be release as product and free limited versions.

I'm hoping to gain the support of the community and to be able to complete these 3 projects in due time, the first is a social network that will be easily integrated into your Wordpress CMS and the other two are plug-ins that will integrate your vBulletin board or IPB with Wordpress, now you have a world class CMS like Wordpress with Social Networking capabilities and the proven stability and flexibility of vBulletin and IPB.

Wordpress Social Network System
    , I will talk about this later on.

With Raven Technologies I want to create a one stop resource for forum integration with other CMS, please read on what I'm currently working on:

Wordpress and IPB/vBulletin User Database and Skin Integration Project
    WordPress
    is a state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability. WordPress is a free blogging system that be extended and used a full blown Content Management System.

vBulletin and IPB, together IPB/vBulletin and Wordpress can create beautiful websites that can be flexible, expandable and scalable.

This project is a product that is easy to install and easy to integrate, you will need to install Wordpress and install this product as a Wordpress plug-in.

Wordpress IPB/vBulletin integration plug-in features:

Entirely self-contained within a plug-in. It provides seamless integration with your existing theme with full theme customization, use of your existing WordPress users table, search, pretty permalinks, full moderator controls and RSS feeds for individual forums, topics and users.

• User Database Integration: Integrates existing accounts into Wordpress.
    • Invidual Database Support: Wordpress and IPB/vBulletin DO NOT need to have the same databse for this plug-in to work.
    • New Registration Integration: Wordpress will use IPB's/vBulletin's registration process to create new accounts for its blogging/cms.
    • Skin Integration: Wordpress will insert header, footer and CSS templates into IPB's/vBulletin's header and footer bit template for full skin integration. A great example of this would be the following blog:http://www.newathens.org Note Wordpress site above.

Free version wil be limited database integration.

Full version price not yet determined.

For more details please stay tuned to:

Invision Planet

[​IMG]

Invision Planet: Forum Integration Resources for IPB, vBulletin Wordpress, Design, XHTML, CSS, PHP, ASP, MySQL and more for your web site

EJRaven, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  2. lilquit

lilquit Peon

Best Answers:
    sounds very very good!

lilquit, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  3. Lee Rees

Lee Rees Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds interesting, do you have an online demo

Lee Rees, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  4. EJRaven

EJRaven Active Member

Best Answers:
    Will have it soon.

We are working very hard to complete this project since it has been requested by the dozens.

We promise a quality product, this should be a preview to what we can do and to what phpRaven Social Networking Solution will be.

EJRaven, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  5. kingofbigmac

kingofbigmac Banned

Best Answers:
    sounds amazing! keep up the good work.

kingofbigmac, Jun 21, 2007 IP
  6. EJRaven

EJRaven Active Member

Best Answers:
    Progress is steady. we are 60% complete.

EJRaven, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  7. richrf

richrf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Quick question.

Is it your company's long-term plan to be a "integrator" for other state-of-the-art CMS packages. If so, I have two concerns:

1) The difficulty of maintaining a stable integration platform that is able to a) conform to changes in the latest releases of the CMS packages, and

2) Your ability to compete against similar offerings of the base platforms (e.g. the new blog platform that VB is offering).

If I am misunderstanding your product architecture, I apologize and in this case, I probably need more definition of your company's product and long term direction.

Thanks,

Rich

richrf, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  8. EJRaven

EJRaven Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your question, we don't get many people that can see what we are striving for as far as long-term company goals and objectives.

We want to be the premier software integrator for CMS, forums, tools and other third party software products and add-ons.

To answer your questions:

1: The way we are going to accomplish this goal is by providing a stable version the open source software that we are integrating with as a security measure. We will then wait until a stable version has been release before we commit to upgrading our applications to support new versions of such software, again making the download available from our own servers (for free of course in the case of open source) this will allow us to work with stable software that has proven over a reasonable amount of time to be safe to do business with.

2: We will be competing against similar offerings of the base platforms, but what will set us apart from their offerings is that our software is built specifically as a high quality social platform. For the same reason we are not going to build a forum and try to compete with other well established forum software.

EJRaven, Jun 24, 2007 IP
  9. richrf

richrf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Thanks for the response and explanation. I am looking forward to reviewing your product when it is released. Good luck with your venture!

Rich

richrf, Jun 25, 2007 IP
  10. Lee Rees

Lee Rees Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this is what I'm looking for and if you are going to support the software and allow it to be easily upgraded then it is worth paying for.

My main requirements are content on the front page (that users can submit), users blogs, a forum aswell as a dating / social networking module.

I've been looking round the net for a few years now and whilst there are joomla, boonex dating and many others none so far seem to provide an all in one package.

I know with a bit of work you can probably MOD existing software to plug in, but it becomes an absolute nightmare when you want to apply an update to one of the components.

Lee Rees, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  11. jeffmcneill

jeffmcneill Peon

Best Answers:
    Aloha, this project sounds excellent. I would like to suggestion a mediawiki + wordpress integration. The social media is key, but the content management is equally as compelling. Allow me to outline a particular opportunity/user model:

In higher education, folks use WebCT and Blackboard as well as things like Moodle. However, Moodle is of fairly low functionality (slow) and much of the user-contributed stuff has a wide range of quality.

My university is going to not renew the WebCT license (which will go up in price) next year. So if it is possible to have a Wordpress MU + MediaWiki + Social glue components, e.g., group membership/group pages/wall posting+forums as well as subscriptions to pages/people and security at the group and individual level, and some realtime chat, this would be huge.

Grading and online quizzes/assignments are less important than a place that can simply support blogging and wiki collaboration, as well as reading/commenting.

I would love to discuss this further if it is of interest. I use mediawiki and wordpressmu installs now with my students, but need something that can better glue these tools together. Working on custom CSS to get a consistent look-and-feel, but have the need to use wpmu plugins and mediawiki extensions to get these things fused with enough functionality.

I find that Facebook is another option, but too little security controls even though there are groups, etc.

Cheers, Jeff McNeill (jeff@jeffmcneill.com)

jeffmcneill, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  12. EJRaven

EJRaven Active Member

Best Answers:

I have a solution in the works for you.

WP+MediaWiki+Forum

Check Invisionplanet.com for more details soon.

Also IPB+Wordpress is in Beta testing.

EJRaven, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  13. powerful_rogue

powerful_rogue Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any more news on this?

powerful_rogue, May 16, 2008 IP
  14. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    hows the vbulletin aspect looking?
    that's were the money's at ;)

Brandon Sheley, May 16, 2008 IP
  15. locjan

locjan Peon

Best Answers:
    what best forum CMS? i want create forum but confuses which is the best choice.
    i like forum which not make hard loading, and not easy to be hacked and free, hehe.
    please suggest me!

locjan, May 21, 2008 IP
  16. qforquack

qforquack Banned

Best Answers:
    I use BBPress, but you'll have to do a lot of modifying to it. It's not bot free either.

qforquack, May 21, 2008 IP
  17. locjan

locjan Peon

Best Answers:
    give me favor, which one the better, SMF or phpBB regarding to what i looking for :)

locjan, May 21, 2008 IP
  18. Goob

Goob Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Goob, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  19. ali123

ali123 Peon

Best Answers:
    any updates?

thanks

ali123, May 27, 2009 IP