1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Barack Obama Is The Democratic Nominee For President

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Zibblu, May 7, 2008.

1. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The nomination is not his yet....If shrillary gets fl seated (and the other state, slips my mind at the moment, michigan maybe?) then things are a lot closer than they appear. We will wait and see.

d16man, May 14, 2008 IP
  2. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Disgusting post. That's like saying the only reason Hillary has won any states is because of ignorant white people (her biggest demo.)

It's absolutely revolting that you would equate black people voting against your candidate as having the election "stolen." No. It was not stolen. Barack Obama won by getting more votes. I'm not sure if you realize this or not, but black folks, just like white folks, and brown folks, and every other kind of folk (over 18) gets a vote. That's why this is called a Democracy. Obama has won more votes thus he has won the nomination. How in the BLEEP can you call that "stolen."

It's time to get over this ridiculous bickering and move towards the task at hand. Beating John McCain. I would have held my nose and voted for Hillary Clinton or any other Dem that won, because John McCain means 4 more years of George W. Bush. That's just not acceptable!

Nope. Even if Florida & Michigan are seated as is Obama has an insurmountable delegate lead.

Zibblu, May 14, 2008 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Thanks to Obama I now know that there are 57 states! I've counted the stars on my American Flag, and I cannot seem to find those other 7. Hopefully Obama can shed some light on where these other states are.

Mia, May 15, 2008 IP
  4. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    58...he has one more to go.

Crazy_Rob, May 15, 2008 IP
    Mia likes this.
  5. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Oh, yeah.. that's right.. Thank you for the Clarification. That was Alaska right?

Mia, May 15, 2008 IP
  6. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Will Obama's neocon imperialism ever end?

lorien1973, May 15, 2008 IP
  7. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Here is one: Iraq. Now you need to find 6 more. :D

gworld, May 15, 2008 IP
  8. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes:

Yup a magna cum laude Harvard Law graduate doesn't know how many states there are. Very cute. Getting desperate are we? There's a huge difference between an obvious flub like that ("57 states") and an actual mis-statement or lie. We all make flubs from time to time. Those of us who speak in front of a camera 5 hours a day are just much more likely to have their flubs recorded and then to have some desperate people on the other side try to make a big deal out of it. I will admit it was a funny line - worthy of George W. Bush in fact! But remember when Reagan said "here in Washington" in a debate that wasn't in Washington in 1984? Oh... Well he was actually going senile so that's a slightly different situation. Whatever ;)

http://www.Bush-McCainChallenge.com

Zibblu, May 15, 2008 IP
  9. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    He can only count up to 50 or less, for anything greater a calculator is needed. :eek:

guru-seo, May 15, 2008 IP
  10. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Flub? Really "Sweetie"?

Do they have calculators in Albania?

Mia, May 15, 2008 IP
  11. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:

Do you really think he believes there are 58 states?

This is one of the problems with people in our country. They make an issue of out pointless bullshit like this buty totally ignore real problems and issues of actual consequence.

A product of the 24 hours "News"/Entertainment TV channels.

Crazy_Rob, May 16, 2008 IP
  12. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Getting desperate? Obama = Al-Qaeda plant/traitor/black nationalist/communist/homosexual-murderer-conspirator, over the last several months?

I vote: "Been desperate."

northpointaiki, May 16, 2008 IP
  13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You never know. He believes that "Wall Street Tricked Americans out of their homes", among other things... I've heard him say some pretty odd things, so anything is possible.

Oh I agree, but the thing is, Obama has not addressed any issues yet. He's not engaged in a debate with the American people, nor shown anyone how he intends to bring "change" to our 58 states. Instead he wastes time calling reporters to apologize for calling them sweetie.. Like anyone cares.

Tell me what you are going to do as president? Be specific, and show me a plan.

The spelling of Potato was quite the issue some time ago.. Ironically we found out later that it was the teacher that wrote the word on the chalk board, and not the future VP.

It would be nice if the news told us how Obama will "change" our 58 states, instead of concentrating on the fact that he has no idea that we still only have 50 (if we include California)...

I think the reason people take such offense to any knock on Barrack is because he has been lifted to such heights and perfection in the mainstream media that any slight deflection from his rise to grace is met with suspicion and claims of a smear conspiracy.

One really has to wonder why the press has been so easy on little Barrack?

Mia, May 16, 2008 IP
  14. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    No, smear conspiracies give rise to claims of smear conspiracies. You've mounted several on this forum, Jeremy. On this thread alone, you've ignored:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=7747147&postcount=69

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=7747641&postcount=74

We've seen months of this kind of crap, and so, yes, many conclude smear. Innuendo, whispered conspiracy, slander, whatever - it's all the same crap.

15. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Sometimes the truth really hurts... God forbid anyone take Barrack to task on an issue.

Mia, May 16, 2008 IP
  16. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Try again?

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=7747147&postcount=69
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=7747641&postcount=74

Simply posting things that are untrue doesn't amount to "taking to task." It's called smear.

I am astounded, though less than I used to be, that you might honestly believe this works, Jeremy. Truly. The man's speech is in the public domain, and it's tragically comical, to me, anyway, that you would say things that are utterly debunked by looking at the speech itself. So then, you ignore that, and repeat "truth hurts" and other platitudes. Consistent, now, but very weak.

17. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Been going on for some time now. Recently, Zibblu asked us to focus on issues. When I asked him issues based questions, he returned to ignoring them.

So the Obamaphiles would like us to stick to issues they won't discuss, instead of the cheap slander and Ad Hominems they will respond to.

I hope Obama isn't this confused about how many states there are... ;) :rolleyes:

guerilla, May 16, 2008 IP
  18. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I personally covered many of mine long ago; as we have categorically opposed worldviews, it isn't surprising to me that we can't agree, but to return to this refrain is more of the same.

19. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I read a lot of good Barack stuff, some for, some against. I rarely post it, because Barack is ok, like chicken soup, but Ron Paul is my political filet mignon. :)

That said, here is a Barack roundup. Good articles for lovers and haters alike.

Open Letter to Barack Obama
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/block/block99.html

--

Obama vs. The Lobby
    No matter how much he grovels, it's never enough
    http://antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=12834

--

Race Cards and Speech Codes
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/uc/20080513/cm_uc_crpbux/op_336094

--

guerilla, May 16, 2008 IP
  20. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:

I don't care about any of that...I just wanted to make sure you realized he said "stops" instead of "states"....not really a big deal- IMO.

That's because DQ had the reputation of being a flake!

And are you sure about that- a teacher wrote the word? I seem to recall DQ telling a student to add the "e". Or was that a re-enactment?

Crazy_Rob, May 16, 2008 IP