1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Barack Obama Is The Democratic Nominee For President

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Zibblu, May 7, 2008.

1. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Obamas experience? 0 on all of the above.

Seems someone's case of the Mondays has carried into Tuesday. The sitting party is and has been Democrats for some time. They've not done anything since taking back the House and the Senate, including Obama.

I would not be surprised if congress either continues towards an equal balance or sways back to right of center again given the misguidance of the current incumbent bunch of buffoons that blames all the worlds problems on Bush, while they are the ones in charge.

Let's not forget that a democratic congress has given Bush everything he has wanted for several years now.

Don't get so emotional, its clouding your thoughts and reason.

Mia, May 13, 2008 IP
  2. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Technically, the Dems have been in control for less than 2 years.

But your point is well made. Obama, Clinton, Edwards et al have done nothing to adjust the status quo. The closest Obama came was voting for the Patriot Act, then protesting it in a statement on the record.

guerilla, May 13, 2008 IP
  3. sweetsara

sweetsara Peon

Best Answers:
    Ovbiously experience dosen't matter considering Bush claimed to have experience but look what he done

sweetsara, May 13, 2008 IP
  4. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    First of all, good luck with that "experience" thing. That's just not going to cut it. The last Illinois Senator presidential candidate who got the "lack of experience" hit job was Abraham Lincoln in 1958. We all know how that turned out. And while it's a Governor's office and not the Presidential office. I do think it's worth pointing out that Arnold Schwarzenegger has ZERO experience when he won that election. I don't really think the majority of Americans want the kind of "experience" you are talking about. We all know John McCain has experience as a Senator - he's been one for about 500 years. But did that help him make the right decisions about ANYTHING? No. That kind of experience is exactly what we don't need. He has the experience of being involved with one of the biggest scandals to hit Washington in the last 20 years (Keating 5) - Is that the kind of experience we need? Obviously not. It's ideas, good judgment, and leadership we need in the White House not the "experience" of being a long time corrupt Washington insider.

As far as your insane assertion that the Republicans will pick up seats this fall... Do you actually follow politics at all? Have you followed the fact that Democrats recently picked up two house seats that have been RED for a very long time in special elections?

This is going to be a huge year for the Democrats, for progressives, for America. We are going to move forward - the small thinkers of the past will have to adjust or get left behind. It's the nature of history - conservatives like yourself are ALWAYS on the wrong side of history.

This is time for a new beginning. It's a very exciting time to be an American. The pain of the Bush years are almost finally to an end. And now there's something new: HOPE for a new beginning.

Zibblu, May 13, 2008 IP
  5. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Lincoln is a really bad example. Serious. The man presided over the death of 600,000 Americans to keep the Union together, when peaceful secession was an option. He jailed journalists who dissented with his government, pretty much the first Imperial President.

This is your first Presidential election right?

Trust me, after 4 or 5, it's all the same crap. Just different faces. Bush has been terrible, but Clinton wasn't much better, Bush 41 was lousy, Reagan totally sold out his platform, and Carter was beyond incompetent.

It's good to see you so optimistic, but I hope it's not Obama that is inspiring it, because besides talking a good game, there is nothing else to him. You can't even point at his brief record as Senator and say, "That's your leader of change".

Not that I think Clinton or McCain will be any better, but the Obama-mania is almost as bad as the Bushies getting fanatical about their man. All of these guys are bums.

I realize you keep ignoring my posts. I know it's because they are pretty tough.

6. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Nah, I've been following presidential elections for a long time. I've voted since '96. I've always voted Democrat and I surely would have voted Dem this year (even if Clinton was the nominee) but this is the first time I've ever actually been really excited to vote for someone in a general election. It's the first time I've ever actually donated to a general election campaign. As you can see by my signature I'm also trying my hand at fund raising for Obama (no success yet, but it's early!) I even had a dream last night that I was driving people to vote on election day and we were able to win Virginia (and of course the whole country) for Obama.

I understand that to you (and to other 100% idealists) that Obama is "just another politician." Understandable. But while that may be true to some extent I think it's also been true (in the same way) of every President ever. But regardless of that some Presidents have been special, some have moved America forward in a real way. And I believe Barack Obama will be one of the greatest Presidents in American history.

Zibblu, May 13, 2008 IP
  7. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I would start here.

I've not confidence that either will do anything other than continue, ie., stay the course. They've proven that in order to lead you need to follow, and follow they have done.

Obama, however, by comparison stands out in the fact that he has never introduced any useful legislation that would lead me to believe he is capable of anything other than collecting a paycheck for his wife.

Mia, May 13, 2008 IP
  8. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not an idealist. I'm truly beginning to realize the futility of trying to change a system that is so radically out of control, that the last two elections have been stolen, and no one seems to care.

:eek:

Ok, so what you are saying is that you have lost your mind. lol

Dude, this is irrational.

I'm going to feel sorry for you if the GOP steals another election.

9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I agree there.

To steal something, does it not have to belong to someone first?

Mia, May 13, 2008 IP
  10. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Look, Bush stole the 2000 election for sure. The shenanigans in Florida were totally criminal.

11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    That would assume someone else owned it first..

Mia, May 13, 2008 IP
  12. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They totally were. The Florida Supreme Court clearly didn't understand the laws of the State of Florida. Or they would have decided for Bush right away; instead of making it go further. US Supreme Court even gave the case back to the Florida Supremes to fix their egregious decision and they still couldn't figure out what the law said.

And, if memory serves, Bush won every recount after the case was over didn't he? Please at least try to remember the cycle of events, if you would.

I know you have troubles figuring out if the iron age happened; but this is at least more recent history.

lorien1973, May 13, 2008 IP
  13. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Did I mention recounts?

You are aware of the voter roll tampering, right?

14. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    You are the one claiming theft and stealing while ignoring the actions of the florida supreme court in the case. So I guess you are mentioning them, without mentioning them, arent you?

15. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I asked two questions, and you respond with one question.

Who goes first?

16. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    You can feel free to blather on if you want. You've already demonstrated that you don't even know what the issue was in 2000. So feel free to continue along that line, if you wish. If you want to, eventually, get to how the Florida Supreme Court over-stepped its bounds - which is something you, as a "constitutional" guy should be appalled at - then you might get somewhere. I'll let you figure things out. Arguing 2000 is like arguing the merits of the iron age, isn't it, Guerilla?

17. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, so now it is two questions each.

I'll start again. There was fraud with the voter rolls. My issue is not the recount. It's that voters were kept from even voting, let alone being counted.

18. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    It will be really wonderful to have a President (Barack Obama) who doesn't say stuff like this:

"I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf," he said.

"I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal."

Bush said he made that decision after the August 2003 bombing of the United Nations headquarters in Baghdad, which killed Sergio Vieira de Mello, the top U.N. official in Iraq and the organization's high commissioner for human rights.

"I remember when de Mello, who was at the U.N., got killed in Baghdad as a result of these murderers taking this good man's life," he said. "I was playing golf -- I think I was in central Texas -- and they pulled me off the golf course and I said, 'It's just not worth it anymore to do.'"

-------------

Yes, that's right. Bush has given up golf in respect to the US soldiers he is sending to die in Iraq. What a gentleman this guy is. It's truly unbelievable that his approval ratings are still so high (above 10%.) I just can't imagine how anyone can think "yeah that Bush is doin' a heckuva job."

Zibblu, May 13, 2008 IP
  19. imad

imad Peon

Best Answers:
    wow first time I hear about this, what a great sacrifice he made, to quit playing golf! I hope soon he will quit playing war too.

imad, May 13, 2008 IP
  20. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    As I said, it should be. The Florida Supreme Court attempted to write its own rules in regards to the recount, ignoring florida law that had already been on the books. The supreme court gave them a second try and still couldn't figure it out properly.

There's always fraud with the voter rolls. Every state, every election. Missouri had a similar problem in 2000, with the situations reversed. Dead people vote all over the country. You are assuming malicious intent from an obviously biased article.

I'd much have a guy who thinks he's jesus:

Mia likes this.