1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hubpages is scam??

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by felani, May 12, 2008.

I joined hubpages about 3 month ago and until now I dont earn from it.

felani, May 12, 2008 IP
  2. kiduka

kiduka Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't got a penny from hubpages either ...but i just use it to drive traffic to my main website which is working amazingly well

kiduka, May 12, 2008 IP
  3. tajmahal

tajmahal Active Member

Best Answers:
    i have made money from hubpages.... some days i have earned $1to $5 from hub published before one year.... and they were mainstream.... and i have made very good money from adult hubs(while they were online)... now only few cents per day from adsense...

tajmahal, May 12, 2008 IP
  4. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you buy your own domain, then put adsense ads in it, then do some SEO.

Traffic = $$$

angilina, May 12, 2008 IP
  5. jaredl

jaredl Peon

Best Answers:
    hubpages can earn you money. I created a few pages and was not getting anything until i realized that i need to approach it like creating a niche site. My first successful hubpage is earning my $0.6 per day(after 10 tries) and my pages on mother's day over the last week earned my 2 bucks per day..the secret is proper keyword research before creating a hubpage.

My latest page was indexed in 3 hours on google and is on the first page of google serps..i am just waiting for traffic now:)

jaredl, May 12, 2008 IP
  6. michaelrp7

michaelrp7 Guest

Best Answers:
    Your own domain is the way to go! :D

michaelrp7, May 12, 2008 IP
  7. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    hubpages is a bad service to use if you want to make money...it's a great traffic funnel, though. I just don't like their business model of not allowing you to be self promotional, like Squidoo allows.

Pixelrage, May 12, 2008 IP
  8. HubPages

HubPages Peon

Best Answers:
    You can, in fact, earn significant money at HubPages with dedication and evergreen content. Before joining the team in March, I was a hubber for about a year, and make upwards of $1000 a month from AdSense alone on hubs I wrote during that period.

While only a handful of hubbers make this kind of money, quite a few do make several hundred a month. However, the users who make money on HubPages are usually not the same ones who are using it to promote their own sites or affiliate offers. There are numerous threads about this subject in the HubPages forums, if you're interested in reading more.

I'd also like to note that the word "scam" implies that we've tricked you in some way. HubPages is a free service, and does not guarantee monetary results, so I think that calling HubPages a scam, no matter what your experiences with us, would be a misnomer.

----

Maddie Ruud
    Community Manager, HubPages.com

HubPages, May 12, 2008 IP
  9. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    Then you are doing it wrong.

Because something doesn't work for you doesn't mean its a scam.

Reprobate, May 12, 2008 IP
  10. moreonhealth

moreonhealth Peon

Best Answers:
    One year passed and I haven't got a penny from hubpages either.

moreonhealth, May 12, 2008 IP
  11. vornamen23

vornamen23 Active Member

Best Answers:
    hubpages not scam. I make adsense money with hubpages but I think its better for bringing traffic to your site or blog

vornamen23, May 12, 2008 IP
  12. 6jin-Jing

6jin-Jing Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hubpages is a waste of time

6jin-Jing, May 12, 2008 IP
  13. siobhanOflannetty

siobhanOflannetty Peon

Best Answers:
    Anything that boasts 70,000, sorry these days its 75,000 members, yet when it does, its recruitment speel for new Members it, quite clearly says, "Share your opinions etc.etc., with hundreds of Authors.
    I would expect any Company with thousands of Writers/Members to say that. Would it not be true ,that they would say thousands, as opposed to hundred,

I believe what it should say, " is share the Site with Around 50 Authors, a few not too bad writers, and a "Whole pile of Tossers" It should also mention, but doesn't that Membership is created in an illegal fashion .
    For example you can still feature on Hubpages, having asked to have your account closed, with no Articles? Hubs, ijust Google ads.
    In short anything that has a B...S Membership, a Tiny Office, (especially given, its continued growth) Gets all the money from Disabled Affiliate Members (Disabled being from Adsense} Tells people that they are welcome to merely abandon a username, and create another, is so dodgy, if it wasn't just Internet based, silly thing, it would be behind bars.(Possibly serving Life)
    Then there is the traffic, a bit, more nuisanc e than anything, there are also stalkers, identity theft people, and just plain morons, that get off on the Forums.
    Look into Hubpages before joining, you will get my point.
    Most do not earn any money, and if the Staffer is correct, then why fill her pockets. Look at the Hubs she has written, would they normally fetch $1000 per month, I think not.

siobhanOflannetty, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  14. RobertEdwards2001

RobertEdwards2001 Banned

Best Answers:
    not a scam,....

RobertEdwards2001, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  15. siobhanOflannetty

siobhanOflannetty Peon

Best Answers:
    :p
    You are not doing it wrong, this jerk is from Hubpages, or its little band that does it P.R. work for free.
    Look at the Membership its a joke.

16. siobhanOflannetty

siobhanOflannetty Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure Robert you are full of it:D

17. FightersCosmos.com

FightersCosmos.com Guest

Best Answers:
    Its far better to leverage the power of Hubpage's PR to get a nice backlink and free traffic to YOUR OWN DOMAIN, then to simply contribute content to them in hopes of making money. Those authors making $1,000+ per month from Hubpages create 3-5 new Hubs per day, and basically write their asses off for Hubpages.com. All that writing would go better on your own blog or site then on theirs, because you are still splitting revenues with them too.

FightersCosmos.com, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  18. siobhanOflannetty

siobhanOflannetty Peon

Best Answers:
    And a misnomer, would not be leaving a whole pile of made up usernames out there, supposedly collecting dust, but in fact selling Google ads, (Oh yes you have no article Hubs that have ads on them, they are on the Net so can be viewed and a misnomer, would not be encouraging a whole lot of people to join this Site, telling them that they would be mixing it with a whole crew of Authors, and a misnomer, would not be pretending to have 75,000 members growing everday. Whilst your business seems stagnant, By your own admission the Office is Small and Unexciting, so where is the Money going that you get from all these banned Google people for instance, Give a answer to that, its hardly in Staffing, you have the most pathetic amount of Staff, I have over 20 more to run my small shop. They are onto you, amazing that it has taken this long.
    Didn't take me long to figure it out. Do you realise that they are all bitter at the moment. Can't you feel the Vibe, look at the Forums, it everywhere.
    Siobhan

19. mr_vampire

mr_vampire Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Take it for granted,Hubpages can useful for driving traffic to your site.

mr_vampire, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  20. bloggerdollar

bloggerdollar Peon

Best Answers:
    With Hubpages I earn around 80-100$ with via Adsense and earn a few bucks via Amazon sales each month. I reached this figures with only 39 Hubs written in 2 years. That's easy and good enough money for me. If you have original content you can get good search engine traffic. I like it better than Squidoo because I can see my earnings in my own AdSense account.

I'd understand people who don't like it as well, it's hard to get familiar with the system at the beginning.

bloggerdollar, Jun 29, 2009 IP