1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Does Associated Content Pay For Articles? Measly or Generous?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by ProjectY, May 1, 2008.

Hi DPers,

I want to ask how does Associated Content Actually make their payouts?

I understand that every webmaster is looking for quality. And they said they do give $3-$5 for every 500 word article. And if the article is really good, they will pay $30 for every 500 word article.

May I ask if you guys have any experiences in Associatedcontent.com and what is their definition of quality. Free free to post some samples of the definition of "quality writing", so the remaining people here have a rough idea.

Thanks!

Janice Hilton Freeman

ProjectY, May 1, 2008 IP
  2. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I personally do not dabble with AC, as you can get 10-20 times that much per article if you know how to market yourself.

The only way I would ever consider making money via AC is to hire others to make content for me so that I could reap the benefits of the performance bonus. I haven't tried it, but it seems like it could be worth some money.

zac439, May 1, 2008 IP
  3. AvarianParakeet

AvarianParakeet Peon

Best Answers:
    The most I've heard of was $15 for a really good niche article. The only real benefit would be the $1.50 for 1000 pageviews. I did almost no marketing for mine and I still pulled in about 700 page views for dumb articles. The only reason I write for them is that they are a good backup site that fills in periods when I don't have much work. I also figure that if I can throw out about 20 articles earning 5 cents a week, that would be nice passive income.

The one benefit is that you can basically do better just throwing out standard SEO garbage than an actual article, if you are just looking for the upfront payment. If you are going to write a really, really good article, you might just want to keep it for yourself. You could probably also just look at your old writing contracts and then rewrite old SEO articles to build a portfolio.

AvarianParakeet, May 1, 2008 IP
  4. saint75

saint75 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent saying.Think about it this way.You get paid $30 per article assuming you got lucky.You might think that's a winner.Fine and dandy.Now comparatively you submit that article to directories and niche websites DIRECTLY.Your sales might be slow but surely.It goes and goes and goes for months and years.Residual income at its best.:)I have seen articles written a couple of years ago and forgotten producing sales.;)In the long run AC is not worth it.But for short term and quick bucks go ahead.But I would highly recommend for long term sales.Hope this helped you.

saint75, May 1, 2008 IP
  5. AvarianParakeet

AvarianParakeet Peon

Best Answers:
    Better yet. You build a landing page and then sell articles to AC which link to your landing page. Brilliant!

AvarianParakeet, May 2, 2008 IP
  6. MisterEThoughts

MisterEThoughts Member

Best Answers:
    I think they pay measly

MisterEThoughts, May 2, 2008 IP
  7. mcar2185

mcar2185 Peon

Best Answers:
    They pay measly, but, if you submit articles in batches to them, it can be a decent little side income. For me, creating 4-5 decent articles in the span of an hour, and then submitting them to AC for payments averaging $4-5 per article is a decent income on the side, especially since I am starting over as a freelancer, having taken a year off from it. I'm actually going to try a bit of an AC experiment this month where I only write articles for them (hopefully 10 per day) and I'll see how much can be made from it. I'm figuring $1000 or so, give or take performance payments and such.

Yes, it's true you can make more money by properly marketing yourself, but for those just starting out, AC isn't a bad idea at all.

mcar2185, May 7, 2008 IP
  8. flaco

flaco Peon

Best Answers:
    They do have strict guidelines about what sort of writing they will accept. Also, you have to meet their standards, review can take up to two weeks and payments are made monday/wednesday/friday. I got an article approved earlier today and just got paid. Pretty amazing!

flaco, May 7, 2008 IP
  9. EspressoChick

EspressoChick Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I like writing for AC -- does it pay a ton of money? Noooo, that is for sure. But when you are starting out to web writing it is great to have some samples to show people. It is also quite useful if you are applying for a web writing job and they want to see samples of a particular kind -- you can write some AC articles in that genre and then send the potential client those as samples. So you get paid for writing the samples for the potential job -- and you might get another writing job! :) (this as long as the client doesn't think these samples are theirs to publish.....)

One of my favorite articles I only got paid three dollars for -- about crossword puzzles. And it must be linked to somewhere -- because I get about twenty thousand hits EVERY MONTH from that one article. So I look forward to that nice performance check that comes in even if I don't write for AC that month! :)

AC is pretty nice to work for. You aren't going to get rich but it is great if you are starting out. The forum has some nice writers who have unique interests and you can real cool articles. Yes, there are some really, really bad articles -- but they are probably the ones that chose to publish for free. I like AC a lot! :)

:) Abby

EspressoChick, May 7, 2008 IP
  10. mcar2185

mcar2185 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've only had 3 articles rejected by them, because those were too "generic". I think as long as you pick a topic and go a little bit more in depth with it, you'll get accepted. I usually have my articles accepted within 2-5 days of posting them.

mcar2185, May 7, 2008 IP
  11. euhlir

euhlir Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a pretty decent actually. Write like 4 articles an hour over 400 words then sell them for like $2-$3 plus like .05 a week from views. If you did 20 a day that's a min $20 a day.

euhlir, Mar 29, 2009 IP
  12. LilBlackDress

LilBlackDress Peon

Best Answers:
    AC is not a great paying site. And their rates have lowered to more like a couple bucks per article. I like to write for content sites that pay via adsense clicks. I have one article that has made over $200 since last Oct. and several others in the hundreds though most in the tens and a few at pennies.

LilBlackDress, Mar 29, 2009 IP
  13. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is not true..at all.

Their TOS has changed greatly with the implementation of their page view system.

If you're garnering $5 per piece up front on a consistent basis, you're way ahead of the game on that site. Most are getting $3 offers.

Edit: I have an 8 clout in page views and the offers do not get better as clout increases, contrary to popular belief. Most of the stuff I have on there was submitted before the PV system was put in place, when they still paid upwards of $25 ea for the articles.

Senobia, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  14. fafala77

fafala77 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think that AC pay his affiliates well. There are different more profitable ways to benefit from your articles such as selling them on marketing forums or use them on a blog and moneitize it.

fafala77, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  15. CreativeElement

CreativeElement Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't like AC very much. I tried it, but it's not for me as I don't think that they pay that well. That's just my opinion.

CreativeElement, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  16. MLSinMichigan

MLSinMichigan Banned

Best Answers:
    When I first started writing for AC (in 2005) I was making between $10 and $15 per article. Then it dwindled down to the $7-$8 range.

The last article I wrote in May '07 put $3.68 in my pocket. I haven't written anything since. At the time, my clout was 8.

As far as passive income from page views go, 45 articles earn roughly $7 per month.

~MLS

MLSinMichigan, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  17. selwynroars

selwynroars Peon

Best Answers:
    You only get paid well if the article is great.... usually the pay is measly

selwynroars, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  18. longlocks

longlocks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I, too, think that the pay is too low. It is possible to get paid more at other sites. Try Demand Studios. It is upfront payment, but they have a residual program, too.

longlocks, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  19. Jeremy Francis

Jeremy Francis Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Well I'm going to try AC now, after 5 years of writing for a fixed pay... Is it necessary to do a little keyword research beforehand? I think topics which return less search results would be a good choice to write on.

Jeremy Francis, May 8, 2014 IP