1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you offer free templates behind your directory?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by balkanboy, May 6, 2008.

I know some directories that offer free phpld and wordpress templates but I am sure I am missing a lot.

1. If you offer some or know other directory offering them please post here.

- This tread should be useful as reference and there is a chance I am going to blog about some templates later when I get back to my blog.

2. Let me know what kind of templates do you offer(Wordpress, PHPLD, Site-Sift etc).

- I know most of web directories offer WP and PHPLD but I feel this is over saturated. Still that is just my superficial opinion.

3. Share your ideas about other kind of templates that could be released.

- I think there is a big need for other scripts templates out there, especially for powerful free scripts that have only one or two templates looking very unattractive, in most cases created by creator of the script-programmer. Yeah, imagine the look of it :)

- If scripts attract webmaster traffic-like hosting scripts etc this can be great move to do.

Thanks for your responses,
    Marko

balkanboy, May 6, 2008 IP
    deluxdon likes this.
  2. vicdigi

vicdigi Banned

Best Answers:
    In answer to your first Q - yes. We have recently started a brand new website powered by WordPress. Built into the site it has a directory which we humanly manage. This site offers more than just a directory though as is fair to say it is secondary. At our site we offer free Wordpress themes and phplinkdirectory templates - version 3.3.

On the latter - Q3 - From a business point of view - the question many will ask is whether it is profitable to create other templates. I think many people nowadays create free WP themes and other templates to mostly get traffic to their websites amongst other things.

vicdigi, May 6, 2008 IP
    deluxdon likes this.
  3. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    My old Zorg-Directory.com offers some excellent templates across three scripts.

phpLinkDirectory, Wordpress and phpLinkBid. The phpLD and matching phpLB themes were very popular.

mikey1090, May 6, 2008 IP
    deluxdon likes this.
  4. fear

fear Banned

Best Answers:
    Qoobe.org released some wordpress and phplinkdirectory and phproxy templates :D

fear, May 6, 2008 IP
    deluxdon likes this.
  5. balkanboy

balkanboy Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes I forgot phplb themes. Not sure how popular are they now days but might be worthed to go with one and see how it goes.

Proxy themes are easy to create or cheap if you buy them but I don't think they can send targeted traffic, plus you get link from only one page. Still, cool thing to offer.

@vicdigi: Nice site you got there-I like the concept. Regarding other templates, I was thinking about forum templates and maybe some other blog themes than WP.

balkanboy, May 6, 2008 IP
  6. iPod

iPod Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ally Directory offers free phpLD, phpLinkBid, wordpress and site-sift templates.
    However you won't find any template in site sift category, as on now. I have 4 coded site-sift templates, only some minor changes needs to be done on them and i just can't find any coder for that!

iPod, May 6, 2008 IP
    deluxdon likes this.
  7. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    directorymix.com/blog/our-free-templates/ also offers Free phpLD Templates.

DON.

deluxdon, May 6, 2008 IP
    balkanboy likes this.
  8. Egrabber

Egrabber Peon

Best Answers:
    there are hundreds for free template sites out there so no need to ever purchase 1 :)

Egrabber, May 6, 2008 IP
  9. hhheng

hhheng Banned

Best Answers:
    But it's not free, since you have to give a link back.

hhheng, May 6, 2008 IP
  10. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I released one or two BQTM sponsored wordpress themes. :)

MeetHere, May 6, 2008 IP
  11. vicdigi

vicdigi Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks - the comment is grand and gives good vibes to build the site into something grand.

On the latter. I am not entirely certain about other blog templates but in terms if forum skins/templates I think it would be marvellous to see designs being made. I for one would defo be looking out for templates to use.

vicdigi, May 7, 2008 IP