1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clickbank article marketing journal

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Supper, Mar 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    Because he wants a steady flow of accepted articles. Not quick bursts like that. Slow and steady wins the race, right?

lemonarian, May 4, 2008 IP
  2. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    They're not instant reviews. Their instant when I submit like 30-35 articles. I can't consistently write 30+ articles a day. So that means instead of having a steady flow of articles getting accepted day after day, I end up getting 30 accepted all at once.

For example, this is what happened last week. Monday, 30 articles accepted in one day. Nothing on Tuesday. 2 on Wednesday. 35 of Thursday. None on friday.

I want consistency, not spurts.

Supper, May 4, 2008 IP
  3. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You have great ideas,,,, but a warped view of how businesses operate. We all want businesses to do what we want no matter how unrealistic are thoughts are.

If on Monday there are 1,000 articles submitted and 10 Employees, each would be responsible for 100 articles.

If on Tuesday there are 5,000 articles submitted and the same 10 Employees then they would each be responsible for 500 articles.

Being as most business have a set number of employees the problem then is the volume of work.

They are consistent....

Consistently deluged with more and more articles being submitted and by submitting the volume of work you are, you basically are contributing to the inconsistency of the business.

catch 22

Sem-Advance, May 4, 2008 IP
  4. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay dude, I'm going to say this once because you've just been getting on my nerves and my guts telling me there is something up with you, if you have a hidden agenda or something. I'm not sure if it is your innuendos or your demeanor, I don't like it.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't post in my thread anymore.

Supper, May 4, 2008 IP
  5. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Whatever..............

Unsubscribed

Sem-Advance, May 4, 2008 IP
  6. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Total clicks: 1101

I got my 5 articles done, along with 5 for my email journal.

It shall be an interesting and exciting week.

Supper, May 4, 2008 IP
  7. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    Dude, if you even have squeeze pages to capture emails, why do you even bother to work on the one's that DOESN'T have an opt-in form. That's just stupid and you're leaving money on the table.

If someone makes a purchase from you without opting in, you'll still lose him forever. You should leave them no other option than to either give you their email adress or leave.

Some people leave those "If you want to skip this page, click here" kind of things on their squeeze pages and that's just insanely stupid.

lemonarian, May 4, 2008 IP
  8. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been following this thread here and there - and up until this post I was thrilled!

Honestly dude... .. Sem is absolutely right - I love ya and all, but he didn't slap or dilute your efforts one bit - he pointed out the truth. Fluctuation occurs in an offline environment too - the article directory you are submitting to is manually approved so obviously there cannot be a consistency with unlimited volume and staff at their best at all times...

I love marketing, and marketers, however you should really take into consideration what you are doing - really - in your core - You are poluting a huge publisher with sneaky advertising x 30 a day, and then complain it's not enough. There is sooooo much crap that they can't even automate it - they have to hire people to make sure it's not overrun by 'us'. So when a fellow member points out the obvious, ride it, take the hit a little, and perhaps ask for advice.

Reading your thread, I can probably give you some too, however I'm not sure if you'll take it as such or just slap me too?

Good luck with 30 articles a day, you should be rich by now if you did them right.

No hate, take positive critiques as they come my friend.
    Norb.

PS - Will still say congrats on $555 from 1000 clicks - (less is more ((on the articles))is my tip for you... ..less q.. more quality...)

NCMedia, May 4, 2008 IP
  9. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    The reason is simply because I don't know how good I am at selling with emails. That's basically the reason. I want to run some tests to see how I do. In the meantime I want to actually make some sales.

It has nothing to do with his last comment. It 's a lot of comments he's been making. What he wrote was extremely obvious. You know why? Because I already changed my strategy before he even commented. If he wants to make overly vague and obvious comments with innuendos in it, than he can do it somewhere else.

I'm not complaining. I just lost a lot of potential because they have different reviewing techniques. Who would of guessed if I wrote 10 articles a day, I'd have 10 articles accepted everyday, than when I move to 15 articles a day, I'd have 30 accepted one day, and the next two days nothing. Well, I'm adapting.

Oh yeah, I'm not "polluting" publishers, so you can leave my thread too.

Where the hell did this come from? Just go. You're not welcome. It's not like you're reading, following and even having a slightest understanding of what I'm doing. 30 articles a day? WTF are you talking about?

Supper, May 5, 2008 IP
  10. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ** There is a lot to be said about damage control - fair - I will 'go' - keep up the great defensive and awesome job with your efforts, I hope you make your million soon - keep truckin', you are a god, we are all wrong and not worthy of giving you anything positive or new... .. Mr. author - All these pages of tips for writing articles... for $555... - I will 'go' now... however if you keep trying to get the last word, i will be back ;)

PS - I believe you were... one of the winners in my giveaway thread... .. let me know if you still want it - least I'm reading yours... peace.

NCMedia, May 5, 2008 IP
  11. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    I never said I was right and you're wrong. In fact I said both you and semi were right. I already concluded the obvious a long time ago. Patronize me all you want, but just get lost. And no I didn't ask for any of your software or affiliate stuff.

Here's for anyone else. This is the way I view my thread and the people that interact in it.

• I don't want people coming into my thread, making vague comments, innuendos and patronizing me.
    • I don't want people coming into my thread, undermining my work, telling me I should do something else with my time like PPC because you do no work and you make big bucks. I'm not buying what you're selling.
    • I don't want people coming into my thread accusing me of things I never did because you're too lazy to read through the thread.
    • I do want people to come into this thread that are interested in my journey.
    • I do want people to come into my thread if they have questions or just want to shoot the shat.
    • I do want people to come in and offer me constructive criticism, assuming they actually take the time to read through the thread.
    • I do want people to come into my thread that recognize the fact that hard work is the key to success and there is no get rich quick schemes out there. The only get rich quick scheme are the people selling that idea to gullible people.
    • I do want people to come in this thread if they're interested in article marketing.

Supper, May 5, 2008 IP
  12. Jason1uk

Jason1uk Peon

Best Answers:
    hey Supper, I've been following your topic, very nice read. I'm starting out and just interested why you build your own landing pages instead of redirecting the readers to affiliates landing pages.

How do you pick products? look at whats hot on ebay and write an article for that? i figured I'd write one article per product on clickbank but it appears
    you write many for one product?

Made a few tests with articles I've posted on a few of my blogs and i am pretty amazed at how well you can get ranked for keywords.

Jason1uk, May 5, 2008 IP
  13. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, a few reasons. First off you have to redirect with your actual domain name, like domain.com, you can't use a sub directory. I didn't have any extra domains for that purpose. The second reason was that I wanted to learn to sell. I wanted to atleast feel I could persuade someone toward a product. Later I can always add in opt-in forms to the page, if I need too. I guess you could do that too with redirecting, but I really had no extra domains lying around.

I don't really have a strategy for picking products. When I first started out I tried a very small niche of the market. I didn't do too well. Than I just picked the highest gravity product I could find and I started making sales. I've also tried brand new products and that went okay I guess.

If I was to give advice, it would be to make sure people actually buy it. Gravity at least tells you that they're able to sell products well. It may be competitive, but they're selling. Also if you found new a product that has like a gravity of 20. You know it's selling and growing, but not to competitive.

Long tail keywords work great.

Supper, May 5, 2008 IP
  14. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    You shouldn't be writing articles per PRODUCT, more like PER PROBLEM and then you have a recommendation for a product that solves this product. The majority of people don't search specifically for products, they search for solutions to the problems they have and BAM, there's your article.

lemonarian, May 5, 2008 IP
  15. Jason1uk

Jason1uk Peon

Best Answers:
    Damn.. i checked out a few authors and noticed they had multiple sub domains redirecting to affiliate pages.

ie.
    ww.example.com/product1
    ww.example.com/product2
    ww.example.com/product3
    ww.example.com/product4

I guess yesterday's articles aren't going to be accepted :( perhaps i should create a blog and link to that, but it seems a mission to get someone to find the article -> click it -> read the blog article -> click the affiliate link -> and then buy..going to lose out with extra steps.

Jason1uk, May 5, 2008 IP
  16. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Those are the rules of ezine articles. I'm not sure if you're publishing your stuff there.

http://ezinearticles.com/author-terms-of-service.html

You declare that you will not send in any articles with direct affiliate links in them. We reject articles with direct affiliate links. It is ok, however, forward/redirect to an affiliate link from the top-level of a domain name you own. For example, it is permissible to forward to an affiliate link from:

http://your-company-name.com/

...but it would not be permissable to forward to an affiliate link from:

http://your-company-name.com/page.html
    http://your-company-name.com/subdirectory/
    http://your-company-name.com/subdirectory/page.html

This is one of our many article quality standards.

You send them to some sort of sales text. You can send them to a blog, assuming what they read on the blog is a sales text. Sales pages aren't that bad that really. You basically leave the visitor with two options, the back button, or the affiliate link.

You can also go back and edit your articles to fix it. If you're on a basic account at ezine articles, a rejection usually limits you from getting a instant platinum account(they usually give you a basic plus).

Supper, May 5, 2008 IP
  17. mafiaboy

mafiaboy Active Member

Best Answers:
    How's it going?

mafiaboy, May 10, 2008 IP
  18. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Mainly been focusing on building my opt-in list.

Supper, May 11, 2008 IP
  19. rob33

rob33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hey supper, was just curious how effective your keyword research is with relation to your initial traffic volume, before your EA's kick in. On the 30DC Ed stresses that you want 2 be on the first page, see how the traffic goes, He states if you can get 200 hits a day to begin with and if it's converting then do some clusters, EA's, linking strategies etc.

Even at 4th spot which should at least be 10 hits a day out of say 300/day i'm getting sod all. Any joy?

rob33, May 11, 2008 IP
  20. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Basically with the amount of articles I pump out, I just try use as many different keywords and combinations that I can.

The idea with the 30dc is that with squidoo or blogger, you can use web2.0 bookmarking, get an instant boost into the top 10 for keywords and you can measure the traffic for a few days and see how it goes. Eventually you'll be pushed out of the top 10.

EA works the same way. You get to see which keywords have power. As your site gets more authority you can start ranking for those keywords on your own site.

To be honest, I'm not sure what your question is though. I'm unfamiliar with "sod" and what you mean by joy. lol

Supper, May 11, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.