1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Multiple Clients: 1 Adwords Account or Multiple Adwords Accounts?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by narsticle, Dec 30, 2005.

Hi All,

I am going to start doing adwords campaigns for multiple clients. Would you suggest opening an adwords account for each clients campaigns or just using one account and seperate campaigns within the account. Does anyone know the advantages/disadvantages to each approach? Thanks so much!

narsticle, Dec 30, 2005 IP
  2. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    You should look into opening an Adwords Client Center.

If you can't do that, create seperate accounts for each client. If they decide to terminate the relationship or work with another PPC manager they will want their account. If you have it mixed in with other clients that could lead to trouble.

GuyFromChicago, Dec 30, 2005 IP
  3. narsticle

narsticle Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have a Client Center account, who gets billed? The individual advertisers through their own accounts or the agency through the Client center account? Lets say we deal with clients that have no computer knowledge or interest in signing up for their own adwords accounts, is it then more viable to do those clients under our account or accounts we open in their names? If we open accounts in their names can we use our own credit card for billing? Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!

4. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    In your situation I would open individual accounts for your clients and manage them through the client center. If you're (the firm/agency) going to be paying the bill via your cc just use that cc # number when you open the client account.

If at some point the client decides they want to handle things themselves you can remove your CC info from their account and hand the whole thing (keyword/ctr history included) over to them with the click of a button.

You can even add existing Adwords accounts to your client center - very helpful if you want to do work for people who are currently or have recently used Adwords themselves and already have account.

5. narsticle

narsticle Peon

Best Answers:
    Very interesting, you have really enlightened me as I never knew the client account existed. It seems like its free and easy to get an account aswell, is that true? It seems like the only thing you need to pay for is to take the test if you want to become a professional entitling you to free credits for your clients. Do i have all this right?

6. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    All you need to do to get the client center is meet the criteria. You do get free credits, I think I received 5 $100 credits when I started.

I have been told (someone here - can't remember who) that you can get a client center without becoming GAP...but I've never looked into doing it that way so I couldn't verify that one way or the other.

7. sixty6

sixty6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, I didn't even know there was such a thing, this makes a lot of things easier for me!

sixty6, Dec 30, 2005 IP
  8. dburdon

dburdon Peon

Best Answers:
    Narsticle,

multiple accounts with access for you is the best option. Get the client to sign up for direct credit card payment.

You can always manage things centrally.

dburdon, Jan 1, 2006 IP
  9. karamkshetra

karamkshetra Peon

Best Answers:
    I will suggest that you use one MCC account, which is My Client Center where you can add all your different client's AdWords account. You can have different AdWords account for different client's and you can manage it through your MCC account.

If you add all client's in one Google AdWords it will not only trouble you in managing but also there will be an issue of Payment also. s for payment than you have to use one credit card for all.

karamkshetra, Apr 24, 2007 IP
  10. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    Thanks for repeating the same advice a year and half later:rolleyes:

GuyFromChicago, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  11. srini28

srini28 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a personal google account. Should I use that or sign up for a new one for the My Client Center account?

Thanks, this post was very helpful.

Srini

srini28, May 3, 2008 IP
  12. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    Depends on how you plan on using it.

GuyFromChicago, May 6, 2008 IP