1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any way to get vbulletin for free?

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by starweb, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bquast

bquast Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sure you can, just if vbulletin catches you using it, they are a fairly good company and have a very influential online pull / push and your host will cancel your account.

I do have the vbulletin (illegal version) as well, but that is only for designing purposes.

bquast, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  2. Stax_Daniel

Stax_Daniel Guest

Best Answers:
    Look at the features lists of both software and you can see what the differences are...I'm not going to explain that one because I could go on for pages and pages...and don't really have the time...you need to do a little research yourself :D...if you don't already know the differences why are you interested in buying it?

As the person before be just said, if you install an old/broken mod, or install a good mod the incorrect way, or maybe two mods don't work with each other...then something will break...it has nothing to do with the forum software itself...it's the mods fault

Illegal is Illegal...doesn't matter your purposes ;)...that's why they allow the 'test' install with each license ;)...use that for designing...not a nulled version...

care to mention which site?...;) lol

Stax_Daniel, Apr 30, 2008 IP
    starweb likes this.
  3. bquast

bquast Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I am like any other person out their, and I know it is illegal I have only used it on my personal pc when developing, have not created any templates etc, was just stating that I have played around with it.

I do know better than to use it, I was just being honest and stated that I do have it.

bquast, Apr 30, 2008 IP
    1 person likes this.
  4. BloodyChuck

BloodyChuck Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you PM me or post here the link to the UBB forum software website...

Thanks

BloodyChuck, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  5. Stax_Daniel

Stax_Daniel Guest

Best Answers:
    ubbcentral.com (google is your friend ;) :))

Stax_Daniel, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  6. djacobs

djacobs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.ubbcentral.com/

*Edit: beat me to it

djacobs, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  7. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Active Member

Best Answers:

They haven't yet:
    VB has been at 85 and 160 for years. I'd hardly consider a $15 price increase 'letting the software go to their heads'. It's called inflation kids. While the rest of the world has increased it's own prices in those 8 years, VB has remained solid. Increasing prices $15 is still barely a drop in the inflation bucket.

Can you get it for free? Search, you'll find it. It's NOT legal, however, and you'll be reported. Do they act on these reports? You betcha!

twhiting9275, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  8. dalem

dalem Peon

Best Answers:
    Man just stay away from Nulled VB.
    It just aint worth it. Nulled versions usually always get caught.

Buy the software and sleep easy at night.

dalem, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  9. starweb

starweb Banned

Best Answers:
    I am going to buy vbulletin as soon as i have the money.

starweb, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  10. xXKingdom_SEOXx

xXKingdom_SEOXx Peon

Best Answers:
    If you can't buy it give up.... don't pirate it if you're ethical, if you're unethical you'll probably go ahead anyway.

xXKingdom_SEOXx, May 1, 2008 IP
  11. starweb

starweb Banned

Best Answers:
    I never like pirating. But i see many forums with vbulletin even our regional. So i got a doubt.

starweb, May 1, 2008 IP
    xXKingdom_SEOXx likes this.
  12. Stax_Daniel

Stax_Daniel Guest

Best Answers:
    if there is doubt, report them :)
    www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php

Stax_Daniel, May 1, 2008 IP
  13. starweb

starweb Banned

Best Answers:
    How do i know it is pirated or not?

starweb, May 1, 2008 IP
  14. djacobs

djacobs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think there's a way to tell, unless you have access to Jelsoft's records on Vb licenses....

djacobs, May 1, 2008 IP
  15. Stax_Daniel

Stax_Daniel Guest

Best Answers:
    you won't know, but if you THINK it is, something seems supicious...just report it and jelsoft will check it.

16. BlueEew

BlueEew Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Say if I had two vBulletin licences. A forum on one, and the other one not in use. Would I be able to allow someone else use my licence and I charge them a monthly (rent) fee?

Is that allowed. Everything will be kept in my account. They just get to rent it's use. Obviously owned licence. Any thoughts?

BlueEew, May 1, 2008 IP
  17. Sir Rusty

Sir Rusty Guest

Best Answers:
    You have to buy vBulletin. If you have it without a license. Well I dont know what happens next but, I know it's going to involve the law or something bad.

Sir Rusty, May 1, 2008 IP
  18. Stax_Daniel

Stax_Daniel Guest

Best Answers:
    as long as you change the info in your account to the correct url it's fine

though be careful doing this...i used to rent out vb licneses like this...but when you get people like that, some of them will keep the files and use them again even after they've quit renting with you.

When that happens your license shows up as being on 2 sites (because the files have your license number) and you will have your license cancelled if they don't shut down the offending site...I had a huge battle with a former customer about this and finally got his new host to shut him down 2 days before vb banned me...so while it is allowed...it's very easily abused and will hurt you in the long run..so I don't recommend it anymore

19. BlueEew

BlueEew Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was thinking of doing to those who deserve vBulletin however for those who cannot afford it.

I have a way to get around the installment problem you stated. I just needed to know if it was allowed.

BlueEew, May 1, 2008 IP
  20. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Active Member

Best Answers:
    RE: Rented VB

This is possible, and in theory a great idea. You'd have to be very limiting though. Say, no ftp access to the site at all. That way the user can't go in and 'download' VB, then move it to their own site.

Good idea, maybe setting up a server specifically for 'renting' vb on a month to month basis. Handle email through something like cpanel's email interface (setup email only accounts for them), and keep the master logins for yourself maybe?

I don't see how that can go wrong, but I'm not an expert by any means. As long as you deny all ftp access, or direct access to files, that should work.

twhiting9275, May 1, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.