1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Build A Niche Store (bans) Faq

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by decodethis, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Varley

Varley Peon

Best Answers:
    this thread is a godsend!

thank you :)

Varley, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  2. pixeladd

pixeladd Banned

Best Answers:
    Great thread this
    I really would recommend BANS to anyone

Im currently making $20 with little effort, basically the more sites i have the more money i bring in

pixeladd, Feb 5, 2008 IP
  3. decodethis

decodethis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    BANS 3 is right around the corner and it has many refinements that will make it an even better product.

While $97 may seem to be a steep price I can attest to the fact that I've bought MANY Internet Marketing products for more money that have not paid off as well as the purchase of BANS.

With a bit of marketing and a decent niche it's a reasonable assumption that you can make back that $97 in a short time. In my case it took 15 days.

decodethis, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  4. seowarrior

seowarrior Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is a helpful thread, thank you. A few questions:

Will the price of ver. 3 remain the same?
    Also, what about using RSS feeds to generate related content for your stores? Anyone doing that successfully?
    Any additional SEO work you're needing to do manually in terms of optimizing your pages?

seowarrior, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  5. decodethis

Best Answers:
    V3 is free to owners of the script. It looks like Version 3 will be released the first week in March.

There are people who have successfully modded BANS to support adding RSS feeds. If you check out the BANS member forums you'll see examples. I personally haven't done it yet, nor does it seem to be a part of BANS 3.

There's always SEO work to be done: setting keywords, descriptions, page content. BANS 3 will make it a bit easier by allowing you to set a default set of keywords and description. BANS is like any other site; it benefits from efforts to make it more attractive to the search engines.

decodethis, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  6. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll reiterate that since I bought BANS in early December, I've recovered the $97 many times over. The key, of course, is that you have to perform a sufficient level of seo to assure traffic. What I've experienced is that if can you drive traffic, eBay converts very well, much more so than the majority of merchants offering affiliate programs.

potentmix, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  7. darkmessiah

darkmessiah Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this needs to be stressed more than a few times. I get the feeling alot of people think that just installing BANS (and others), and setting keywords will make them a ton of money.

I wouldn't say it's hard work, but if you're a little creative, it's not hard to get the clicks. The items just about sell themselves.

darkmessiah, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  8. pmarkov

pmarkov Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

I have been declined from both ebay.com and ebay.co.uk.

Could you please give an advise how to get approved? How can I build an ebay store as I am not their affilate?

Thank you!

pmarkov, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  9. cylai

cylai Peon

Best Answers:
    pmarkov:

just wondering where are you from? there are eBay singapore, australia, france, canada....

It is ok if eBay rejects you, there are plenty of affiliate programs out there. another affiliate program that has mass appeal like eBay is Amazon.

cheers,
    CY

cylai, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  10. purdue512

purdue512 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd agree with the above, you need to put in a some work to make any method or platform pay-off. Nothing really runs on auto-pilot, at least at first.

purdue512, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  11. christian231

christian231 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah this is true. You can't just buy a domain, install BANS then sit back and watch the cash roll in. Just like any website, you need to add some content to each page you create in BANS, especially on your home page. Not only does this help optimize you for search engines, it also makes your template not look like a generic, stamped out store. Get creative, and add some images or some other affiliate products here and there. The more original content you can add, the better your site will do. I like to add a paragraph or two of text above the Ebay listings on each store page. The way the BANS software is set up, it's very easy to optimize each store page for the keywords you are targeting. You can easily put them in the title, keyword and description tags and then use the same keywords in some original content on that page. Do this, and you'll be well optimized and you'll see an increase in search engine traffic for sure.

Here's my latest store I'm working on if anyone is interested....Cheap Adult Diapers. Don't laugh too hard...this site is going to make millions. ;)

christian231, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  12. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Great post. I couldn't agree more. You need content, and it needs to be related to your niche. Keyword research and targeting is a MUST. Then... Then, you must do link-building in a thoughtful way...

purdue512, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  13. decodethis

Best Answers:
    Definitely any site with content that draws the search engine is going to do better in the SERPS than one without. This is especially true for BANS sites that are normally light on actual content unless you add it yourself. I tend to add at least three unique articles to my BANS sites written around the top keywords for my niche. I then link to those articles from other sources such as Squidoo or Hubpages to get them indexed and ranked. This adds direct and targeted traffic to my site while boosting the site's search engine position.

Putting up a BANS site without content is cheating yourself out of traffic, which in turn cheats you out of money.

decodethis, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  14. purdue512

Best Answers:
    I agree... Good post...

However, to really get my IncomeStores off the ground, I write an article a day and then DIGG them as well as what DecodeThis suggests (Squidoo, Hubpages). If the article is good, I'll put it in EzineArticles and ArticlesBase (both strong PR).

This brings traffic to my specific page, and thus clicks on the products on that page and other searches.

purdue512, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  15. cylai

cylai Peon

Best Answers:
    Unique contents rule.. add more contents like how-go guide, video tutorial and tips.

Visit the related forums and see what are people talking about, you will get some good ideas what to write.

cylai, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  16. seantish

seantish Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like another way to get your feet wet with ebay. I'm back for a second go around do to a lack of work in the construction field. (winter) I feel like this is pulling me into another direction. I don't have a BANS but type of BANS. Sounds great though and looking into it further.

seantish, Mar 3, 2008 IP
  17. emphi

emphi Peon

Best Answers:
    And now BANS v3 is released :D

emphi, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  18. decodethis

Best Answers:
    Yes and BANS 3 EPN finally seems to be stable. They had a brief period of instability in the new release that seems to have settled down. With eBay's release of their new eBay Partner Network you'll need to update your sites anyway.

BTW all the templates from BANS 2 work with BANS 3 with a simple CSS update. :)

The neat thing about BANS 3 is that it has a lot of the features I was customizing my stores for, such as cloaked links and site maps. Now if they would only roll in dynamic h1 tags I'd be all set...

decodethis, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  19. charter

charter Guest

Best Answers:
    Does BANS offer anything besides eBay?

charter, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  20. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    Not at present.

potentmix, Apr 30, 2008 IP