1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Naked Link Technology Isn't Popular?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by Nestrer, Apr 30, 2008.

Hi,

I just wonder why this wonderful technology isn't popular.

The only affiliate network I know that offers direct linking is LinkConnector:
    http://www.linkconnector.com/nakedlink.htm

BTW, I am still seeking a affiliate management script that offers this feature. If you know one, please let me know!

Thanks

Nestrer, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  2. Rollerblader

Rollerblader Guest

Best Answers:
    There are a ton of reasons why this isn't popular, here are two of the big ones:

1. It is providing free SEO to the merchants if there is no nofollow tags
    2. For merchants it can be picked up by engines and indexed without any content or work

Also, there are other networks offering this technology including major ones, however you need to hit a certain sales amount each month or they have not gone public about it. Performics I believe offers it or is going to.

Also, ebay and them do as it only goes through rover.ebay.com It can be argued on the SEO standpoint though that linking to sites like eBay can be helpful to your own SEO efforts, however, this is JMO, that if eBay is not currently showing up within your niche, you will be giving them the boost to begin taking over some of your own results with the links. If they are in your niche than linking to these very established sites can help you. The only people that know for sure are the Search Engines.

You may also want to search on naked linking and why it is negative within Google etc... and you will find many other reasons why people don't trust it.

Rollerblader, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  3. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    are you seeking for an affiliate network software that has this option or are you after private affiliate software with that solution?

thank you.

wounded1987, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  4. Nestrer

Nestrer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info! But affiliates can easily make the links nofollow right? I still cannot believe it is a reason :p

It's for my own product only, so no affiliate network script please.

Nestrer, May 1, 2008 IP
  5. Rollerblader

Rollerblader Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, they can add it in if they would like to, but sometime (I do not know why) it messes with the tracking. Or the affiliates are just turned off by it because they will have thousands of links up and do not want to have to go through and add it onto all of them. The best bet if you would like to use naked linking is to offer naked links and regular affiliate links.

Rollerblader, May 1, 2008 IP
    Nestrer likes this.
  6. asr_guy

asr_guy Peon

Best Answers:
    asr_guy, May 1, 2008 IP
    Nestrer likes this.