1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any way to get vbulletin for free?

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by starweb, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    torrent he mean he have a cracked version and he ask he can get into problem if they find out. That is what this post is about.

TheSyndicate, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  2. devil976

devil976 Peon

Best Answers:
    No legal way to get vBulletin for free, unless someone is giving it away in a competition etc. If you have the money then just buy it. It is worth every cent.

devil976, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  3. starweb

starweb Banned

Best Answers:
    2.Why i can't? Do vbulletin check ?

3. But i have to pay for updates?

How is this vbulletin installation? Easy

Do i get a good help from vbulletin support?

starweb, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  4. Stax_Daniel

Stax_Daniel Guest

Best Answers:
    2. Yes, they check when people report your site...(i.e...which now that you've asked this question i'll be doing once I see vb on it...just to make sure ;))

3. If you do the leased license there are no extra charges, if you do the owened license, you have to pay $30 a year for any new updates after that first year...which is still a lot cheaper than doing $85 a year ;)...(that's up to you though)

VB Installation is easy, I actually offer my services to install, setup things, etc for a fee usually...but if it would prevent you from installing a cracked version I would gladly install your vb for free...I hate vb stealers because it's such a nice script

vbulletin has official support at their website vbulletin.com on their forums, (you have to pay extra for phone support...but you'll never need it). As well as vbulletin.org (the modding community) where hundreds (if not thousands) of expert vb users (like myself) hangout and answer questions as well.

If you are looking for a sure-fure, awesome software to get your site started in class, vb is definately what you're looking for (imho).

Stax_Daniel, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  5. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    They just jacked up their prices, lol. ( vBulletin Licensing Changes )

Buy
    • Owned license - $180
    • Leased license - $100
    Renew
    • Leased license Renewal pricing will be $100.
    • Owned license Renewal pricing will be:
      • $40 if purchased before the license expires or within 60 days after expiry
      • $60 if purchased at any other time

Qryztufre, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  6. wowla_123

wowla_123 Peon

Best Answers:
    They can contact your hosting company to block your site. All hosting companies have a policy that no illegal and unlicensed software must be used on their sever. Also, VBulletin has set up a separate section on their site to report piracy:

http://www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php

As far as free license of VBulletin is concerned, they have given if for free in special cases. One of them I know is of a warez forum, that distributed nulled and pirated copies of VBulletin. VBulletin offered them free license on condition that they can continue promoting warez but not VBulletin.

wowla_123, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  7. Stax_Daniel

Stax_Daniel Guest

Best Answers:
    wow...when did they do that? (i can't get on the site from work :()

that's rather disappointing...but still worth it to me

did they increase the $30 renewal for owned licenses?

8. Dariotor

Dariotor Peon

Best Answers:
    No one's going to just give out vBulliten forums considering they cost around $150 or more to buy. I just recommend buying it off the profits you make from other online transactions.

Dariotor, Apr 30, 2008 IP
    1 person likes this.
  9. Stax_Daniel

Stax_Daniel Guest

Best Answers:
    not trying to be mean here...but you shouldn't say things that aren't true...just because you wouldn't give away a vb license doesn't mean no one else would...

(i myself have seen a few vb giveaways ;)...they do happen...though i definately wouldn't rely on them as a way to get a license)

10. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    I guess they did it yesterday... and yes, they increased the renewal fee for owned to $40 if done around the time it's due, or $60 if you wait too long.

I almost won a free copy myself in a contest, and would LOVE to get a free copy in exchange for a permanent placement of advertising (lol) so I can start a new forum on homesteading/alternative energy/gardening/etc.

11. Stax_Daniel

Stax_Daniel Guest

Best Answers:
    That's a shame...I hope they aren't starting to let their 'fame' get to their heads...:(

I've never actually participated in any...as the ones I saw I had to do stuff and I was being lazy at the time and already had enough licenses, lol

12. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    I was not surprised by the price hike... what surprised me was the fact it took so long. The new owners of Jelsoft are a bit more commercial then the handful of fellas that started the place.

And to get it back on topic a bit, the new owners seemingly are a bit more harder on piracy as well. The prices are still worth it, and in the long run, still much cheaper then most of the competition (competition being other PAID forum platforms). UBB which vB was originally based on cost a LOT more, and the closest in price would likely be IPB, but they are more costly in the long run.

I think if anyone wants a FREE vB they should just move along and use one of the many fre alternatives. phpBB, myBB, or the like... most of them are NOT all that bad (just not as good).

13. starweb

starweb Banned

Best Answers:
    Which is the best way to buy vbulletin? I mean any coupon discounts available?

starweb, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  14. djacobs

djacobs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seems you don't want to pay for Vbulletin, which is understandable. So just use one of the many free forum software, which I tend to like better the Vbulletin. Namely SMF and phpBB3.
    Unless you really have researched options, you can't be sure vBulletin is what you need. Keep in mind, that the top 5 largest online communities either run custom software, or like the largest community around, runs phpBB.....

djacobs, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  15. Stax_Daniel

Stax_Daniel Guest

Best Answers:
    the only real discounts are if you have multiple licenses...they have a gradual discount price for repeat customers...

or you could look in the BST sections here at DP (Buy Sell Trade) and see if anyone is selling them...you can usually get them between 90-120 bucks that way..but you have to be careful and make sure it's a valid license by asking vb about it.

16. starweb

starweb Banned

Best Answers:
    Before i by i would like to know about vbulletin. Like i know about SMF. Things i know about SMF are.

I installed by using godaddy connection. I Was just simple. But what about vbulletin?

I can get mods from SMF website and install in My forum. But what about vbulletin?

Also i get good themes from there. But have compatibility issue with mods. But what about vbulletin?

starweb, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  17. moneydude

moneydude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well if you gonna run warez or any other site which will be illegal as itself then vBulletin will be your smallest problem ... But don't be newbie just buy it, its wroth that 180$

moneydude, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  18. Stax_Daniel

Stax_Daniel Guest

Best Answers:
    1. You will not find vb on any 'one click install' programs with a host for the fact that each file contains a license number...therefore the only files allowed to be on your site are the ones with YOUR license number...so your host would have no way of automating the install for it.

2. simple answer...vbulletin.org...THOUSANDS of mods/hacks/themes/styles. Some take 2 minutes to install, some take 30 minutes...depends on your skill...or you could always hire someone to install them for you...but there are TONS of things to do do your vbulletin to customize it.

3. Again, vbulletin.org...the thing with vbulletin styles and mods are that a lot of mods require editing the style templates...so it's best to pick (or make) your style first, and THEN install the mods...because if you get a new style, you have to redo some of the mods (not all...but some).

and just to throw it out there, I hate seeing people trying to get vb for free illegally..., I do vbulletin work, styles, installs, mod installs, etc...if you can't do it yourself and need some help, i'd gladly install vb for you for free once you verify you bought it.

19. starweb

starweb Banned

Best Answers:
    Ok i am going to buy as soon as i have the money.

What make Vbulletin different from SMF?

I see SMF crash after some mods install. Do vbulletin has this problem?

starweb, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  20. djacobs

djacobs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you install the wrong mods on any forum, whether it's SMF or Vbulletin it's going to "crash".

djacobs, Apr 30, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.