1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdSense Black List

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by mika, Mar 25, 2006.

1. PiLe3D

PiLe3D Peon

Best Answers:
    rubberduckie, you silly fool, Slibe is monetized by AdSense as every other site I run. Hidden text on top is for delivering more targeted ads on pages with lack of text. Does that invisible text bother you? I hide it so I avoid complaints like this.

If Slibe is MFA, then Google is too! :eek:
    (not to mention tinypic, imageshack, etc)

Btw, Did you even try to upload an image?
    (http://www.slibe.com/image/74093e76-googlein20years_/)

PS: I assume AdsBlackList site pissed you off becuase you're one of the multi-MFA websites owner and your earnings are not what they used to be last week!

Keep digging on me, but I WILL keep working on AdsBlackList no matter what they say about me and my websites.

PiLe3D, Mar 29, 2006 IP
  2. wwm

wwm Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm just an observation... i found this thread amusing and confusing at the same time

ull make enemies here now :( as there are some webmasters with mfa sites here..

wwm, Mar 29, 2006 IP
  3. Nikolas

Nikolas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry that I interrupt your little fight here (LoL) but I would like to make a question to Pile3d.

How do you generate those list? I mean it is very hard to know what exactly cpc you have for each ad you show, and even harder to know the exact url of the ad that the user clicked.

Nikolas, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  4. PiLe3D

PiLe3D Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Nikolas,

how do I know CPC? - I Don't! ;)

as moto of site says - "Built by people, used by people".

All I know is that it boosted my income for up to 20% and I honestly don't give a damn if people like rubberduckie find it usefull or not, OR trusty or not.

take care,
    Emir

PiLe3D, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  5. whitespider

whitespider Peon

Best Answers:
    Whilst everyone seems to be debating whether this SITE is good or bad or should be banned or not I have sat and thoguht about this for a while.

"Knowing your business" inside out is simple common sense in all walks of the business world. From that point of view the service they offer would seem to me to be almost a no-brainer.

I am not saying its right but its certainly the kind of information I would like to have so I can use my "ad filter" effectively.

whitespider, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  6. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    The idea is a good one if you are trying to earn from Adsense and a crap new development if you are using Adwords to funnel traffic in order to generate higher paying clicks for your own site.

Clearly, this type of site, with user submitted information, is wide open to abuse ... and will be abused, if each site on the list is not individually screened. It may also be questionable what revenue each of those sites may generate in clicks.

I do like the idea though. Blocking out the 0.01 ads is something I've wanted to do for a long time, as has, I'm sure, every webmaster who has run Adsense.

mcfox, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  7. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    This is my understanding.

Will.Spencer, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  8. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    Adsense already displays most relevant and high CPC ads and there will be no use of blocking these sites for long term....
    It may increase experience of your outgoing visitors. :)

Mong, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  9. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    adsense shows the best paying ads for google, not for the publishers, so blacklisting mfa's means less money for google, and more money for the publishers... that's why google allows mfa's to use the adwords program in the first place.

ymmv, depending on the sector you are in, if you are running a quality website with real content, etc.

the block list generated by that site was not accurate for my sector, so you should ignore it, and build your own mfa blacklist.

danimal, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  10. Notting

Notting Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What happens when people start uploading all of their competitors on to the list?

Notting, Apr 1, 2006 IP
  11. PiLe3D

PiLe3D Peon

Best Answers:
    That is the point of site! You submit your list, then system calculates (+1 for each submited domain), and then it returns you your own list and fills up extra space (if you didn't submit all 200 domains). Extra space is filled by top rated/reported domains. Other visitors won't even notice your competitors list because it's on bottom of nearly 3000 domains list, if you are the only one who reported it.

In case you filled all 200 spaces with your own list, than you have no use of site, but site and it's visitors have use of you/your list.

Mong,

yes, once your visitor is happy with outgoing link, he will definetly click on some other link sometime in future.
    However, if you don't have loyal visitors (community type of site), but only those generated from search engines, than you don't have to worry about quality of outgoing links, but you might want to consider increasing CPC by blocking MFAs - that is "no real content" sites.

If anyone is willing to enhance this site with some advanced scripting, I'm willing to share it 50-50, as I don't have $$$ to invest into it at this time. There are some other priorities I'm working on (including studies too).

Thanks everyone for feedback,

regards,
    Emir

PiLe3D, Apr 1, 2006 IP
  12. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    You're being naive. It wouldn't take long to run a submission script that would put a competitor firmly at the top of your list. Different submission urls and anything else that's needed for the submission would be easily accommodated.

I like the idea but this is exactly what will happen unless you employ rigorous safeguards against it.

mcfox, Apr 2, 2006 IP
    TommyD likes this.
  13. lonecrow

lonecrow Peon

Best Answers:
    I am wondering what kind of sites these blacklisted ads would show up on. I have seen them on google search results but never on any of my sites. The sites I have in my competitive filters are non-relevent ads because iof synonym issues. (IT instructor site loading ads for fitness instructors etc).

I suspect that if your having .01 ads appearing on your site you should probably consider droping contextual cpc in favour of affiliate programs or other sources of income rather then trying to filter them out.

my 2 bits.

lonecrow, Apr 3, 2006 IP
  14. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't use something like this. I prefer to just leave my ads as they are. Also, I guess you would probably find that most of the Adsense advertisers ads shown on your site will be competitors in some way of other as these ads are meant to be targeted to your site, which means that they are likely to be one the same theme as you.

john269, Apr 12, 2006 IP
  15. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Actually, i've been using adsense gold to track my sites and have slowly filtered all the MFA sites from displaying on my site. Result was lower CTR but higher earnings by 50%

LaCabra, Apr 21, 2006 IP
  16. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    Whoever says what... adblacklist helped me a lot .. My revenue doubled in a week since I updated the list... I never bothered about the filter, but came across this site once and thought to give it a try. I did, and I found it useful.

Today the reason to post is, I had forgotten this site name, so was searching again in google. I wanted to suggest the same list for my friend's adsense too.

Here I came to know that Emir is the owner of that site, thanks Emir for all your efforts. All the best in all your future efforts.

maverick, Jun 11, 2006 IP
  17. jetbrains

jetbrains Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Havn't even heard about it

jetbrains, Jun 11, 2006 IP
  18. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    sayles/maverick:

This points to significant flaws in Googles Ad Ranking algorithm. :eek:

Will.Spencer, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  19. fattybrad

fattybrad Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not been able to open even adsenseblacklist.com

fattybrad, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  20. IndianWebMaster

IndianWebMaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OHO... what temper, man!

Chill... take it easy! No reason to get so worked up! :)

IndianWebMaster, Mar 6, 2008 IP