1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Banned for Adwords - How to get back in?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by linkpro, Mar 28, 2006.

I was apparently banned from adwords about 1 1/2 years ago for having multiple accounts (I had 3 different accounts) Basically 1 would stop working for no apparent reason and then i started another and the same thing happened. Before I started making multiple accounts I checked in a forum and read some bad info saying it was ok to start multiple accounts.

This is what I believe I am banned for as they never will give me a reason. I have tried for over a year to get reinstated. NO LUCK. About 35 chats on Google Live Help and about 12 or so phone calls and about 5 faxes sent. Nothing they never get back to me and basically all I get is I volilate the TOS.

How do i get back on? I haven't moved in a long time so my address is the same as my previous accounts. I can't get a Credit Card in a different name so what do I have to do. Adwords support is a waste of time.

HELP HELP HELP

I need to get back on to advertise.

linkpro, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Think you are out of luck.

Smyrl, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  3. linkpro

linkpro Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't be. This is almost so ludacis that it's funny.

ADWORDS campaigns stopped for some reason without an explanation and they would not tell me so I was advised by people in a couple threads to open another account.

I can see banning me for a couple months because I didn't know the rules at the time but FOREVER...come on.

linkpro, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  4. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Multiple accounts are fine, always have been. Either G made a mistake or you were doing something else outside the guidlines that got you banned.

GuyFromChicago, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  5. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    You also need to decide if you are talking about adwords or adsense...the first post says adsense, and yes multiple adsense accounts is not allowed.

multiple adwords accounts are allowed.

Maybe they are confused when you talk to them as well.

Brandon

AfterHim.com, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  6. MKInfo

MKInfo DP Guard Dog

Best Answers:
    Correct.They even say that to change the currency that your adwords account is in you must first change the email of the existing account and then just open another account.

MKInfo, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  7. linkpro

linkpro Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry I meant ADWORDS / my adsense account is fine.

Multiple accounts are fine? What?

Only other thing I can think of is when my last account stopped working they were not able to take my money from the account because my CC expired. I tried to login to update the information but my account was already not active and the New Credit Card would not be charged. I tried to call and find someone to pay with no luck. Only like $35 bucks or something. I have tried many times to pay to see if this helps but no one will take my money. The account balance is back to 0 though because they adjusted the ledger in my account.

I have even faxed my new CC to them a couple times and no luck.

linkpro, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  8. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    Yep, always have been. My rep has even suggested that I open multiple accounts on a few occassions. I've had more than one account for years.

What happens when you try to setup an account?

Just so we're all clear I'm talking about ADWORDS not ADSENSE.

9. linkpro

linkpro Peon

Best Answers:
    It will worked for about a week and then stopped. I can actually still login to them. They look perfectly normal but just don't run ads.

I was told I broke TOS

linkpro, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  10. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    Have you read it and did you?

11. linkpro

linkpro Peon

Best Answers:
    Only thing I can think of is that they did it because I owe them money of $35 dollars but that happened on my last account I believe.

The thing is they won't tell me what I did and I have not way to rectify the situation. I ran really straight forward campaigns for a quality website.

First level support does not know and the second level people who told me I broke TOS won't respond after numerous emails and calls.

linkpro, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  12. linkpro

linkpro Peon

Best Answers:
    Its it possible to start with a totally different account? I just think they can see I am opening another because I am sure they cross reference addresses and names and such.

linkpro, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  13. jdi_knght

jdi_knght Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think trying to circumvent the system is going to get you back into Adsense's "good books".

If you're really desparate for some adwords advertising, your only option might be to hire a large company that does various promotion like that (running ads for client's websites), as they'll presumably already have a premium adwords account, and will be sure to follow the TOS anyway, so Google probably won't care. You'd basically be dealing entirely with the company, and they'd be handling all the adwords activity. It would of course cost you quite a bit more than if you were able to have your own adwords account, but you don't really have a lot of other options in that way.

Other than that, I'm afraid you're probably out of luck. With all the chats/calls/faxes you've sent, if they were going to budge, they probably would have by now. You're probably best to find another form of advertising.

jdi_knght, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  14. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of business do you promote?

Micromag, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  15. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    What got you banned the first time?

Mia, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  16. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Read the first line of the first post.

Micromag, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  17. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is funny when people start these threads. Do you think we have the magic solution? Talk to Google... If they don't help you, then go to Overture or adCenter. It is simple.

MattEvers, Mar 28, 2006 IP
    Mia likes this.
  18. codyturk

codyturk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Then there wouldn't be a need for forums.

codyturk, Mar 29, 2006 IP
  19. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I won't respond with an explanation since that is such an ignorant comment. :rolleyes:

MattEvers, Mar 29, 2006 IP
  20. linkpro

linkpro Peon

Best Answers:
    I do use overture and adcenter.

The reason I posted here is to see if people had similar situations or if someone knew of a way to handle something like this. Basically I think it comes down to the fact that google is lazy. If they were not they would be making money off me right now.

Anyone know of a company I can outsource my Adwords campaign to that doesn't charge an arm and leg?

linkpro, Mar 29, 2006 IP