1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CJ Earnings > eBay Earnings

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by robb01, Apr 13, 2008.

1. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess I've been left behind again. I'm trying to understand this thread and keep seeing references to "Type=2" links, "Type=3" links and so on. I've tried researching to learn what these mean. I don't see any references to these terms that I can find on the EPN site or anywhere else I looked. Could someone please point me to where I can gain an understanding of these terms so I can better understand this thread and what we're all dealing with in trying to fathom this whole earnings/reporting rascal.

Many thanks.

potentmix, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  2. mberman84

mberman84 Peon

Best Answers:
    so....a week after switching my sites to ebay...1100 clicks and $4...so FUCKING WEAK!!!

my average was about $600/month...and at this rate ill be making about $10/month.

i hate ebay now. i dont get why this is happening...i cannot find their contact info to ask whats up..and when i replied to the email they sent me...they said my email address was not found in the system so they cannot give me any info even though i had JUST SIGNED IN with the exact email i was replying from..

guess its time to drop ebay.

mberman84, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  3. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:

Depending on the link you decide to create, the url will have type=X in it.
    e.g.
    Home Page : type=1
    Keyword Search : type=3
    Item ID :type=2
    Custom URL: type=4

We could just as easily call them "Item ID" links or whatever :)

Kerosene, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  4. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. Makes sense now.

potentmix, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  5. Dude-Dastic

Dude-Dastic Member

Best Answers:
    I'm seriously considering it. My earnings have also taken a nosedive.

Looks like I'll be scouring CJ for other merchants to connect with. Hours ago I signed up with Shareasale and I'll probably be joining LinkShare as well. Don't know what the latter programs have to offer, but just about any affiliate program is looking better than eBay right now. :mad:

That's my $0.02

Dude-Dastic, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  6. TelevisionShows

TelevisionShows Guest

Best Answers:
    I left ebay a week ago.

My earnings over the last month with them have been $100 a week.

Last week i made $850.

Enough said. (without them)

TelevisionShows, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  7. mberman84

mberman84 Peon

Best Answers:
    what did you use to make $850???

are you using BANS software to run your sites? can you elaborate on how you used a similar method to ebay but made so much more money?

mberman84, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  8. TelevisionShows

TelevisionShows Guest

Best Answers:
    No i think the method is im not using ebay anymore and i think you guys shouldn't either.

- There are thousands of services products which you can sell from CJ on individual pages. E.G one creating page.

- Its just up to the person to do it.

Ebay has a lot of barriers, which prevent sales. Making someone sign up, most people don't want to do this. Its a hassle, then activation. It really isn't the best way to make your money. My 22 cents.

TelevisionShows, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  9. Dude-Dastic

Dude-Dastic Member

Best Answers:
    $25/recruit is the only real income I get from eBay. Commissions from actual sales account for a fraction of my small monthly eBay income. To be honest, if I were to use other affiliate programs, I could probably earn a higher commission per sale than I would from about 10 - 15 sales with eBay. That's because the commission eBay pays isn't based on the sale price of an item -- it's based on how much eBay earned from the sale of the item. :(

Oh well, looks like I'll be researching Performics later on. If only CJ xml datafeeds were free (as they should be) :mad: . Then I'd ditch eBay in a heartbeat.

Dude-Dastic, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  10. kidder

kidder Peon

Best Answers:
    There is some pretty clear evidence now that Ebay reporting is not working as well as it should. I am not yet prepared to drop them but we have switched some sites back to CJ and the results have been instant. Try switching back for a week or two and report the difference in earnings. They have extended through May so you have a window to gather some solid evidence that their system is "broken".

kidder, May 1, 2008 IP
  11. mberman84

mberman84 Peon

Best Answers:
    how do you switch back after upgrading BANS software??

mberman84, May 1, 2008 IP
  12. sin

sin Peon

Best Answers:
    Ebay is getting away with many things that they couldn't before with CJ. I wouldn't trust them.

sin, May 1, 2008 IP
  13. LongHaul

LongHaul Peon

Best Answers:
    On April 1, I switched only one of my ~5 sites over to the new link structure, to test it to make sure I did it right. The other 4 I left on CJ. That ended up staying that way the whole month since I got busy with other things.

Before April, I averaged about $10/day with eBay/CJ. In April, I made $1.18 from my one EPN site, and a total of about $20 from my CJ sites. Waaay down.

So I would like to just blame EPN reporting, but my CJ eBay sites were down too. Impressions were normal for both, as was traffic. I wonder if whatever problems EPN has clearly had with reporting also affected reporting for CJ links??

And it seems that the minority of people who saw their revenue increase with EPN was just coincidences - more traffic, better SEO - at the same time as the switch, not because of it.

LongHaul, May 1, 2008 IP
  14. pradeep.balua

pradeep.balua Active Member

Best Answers:
    hey people whether ebay has withdrawn from CJ

pradeep.balua, May 2, 2008 IP