1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google is Punishing me

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by fuse-box, Apr 27, 2008.

well i posted a thread couple of weeks ago about my site losing some back-links. i lost my ranking from the bottom of the page 1 to the bottom of the page 2....since then i went down to top of page 3....
    so everybody was telling me that it was google dance and etc...

after that thread i started building links a little bit more...and buying bulk blog posts (PR6 to PR1) with fresh articles and submitting my site to a lot more dirs...to regain my position...

but today i fell to page 6...so i think Google is punishing me...i don't know why because i haven't done anything. just building links and updating my site with new online games. :(

i don't know what to do!?!?

fuse-box, Apr 27, 2008 IP
  2. frankcow

frankcow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you may actually have to provide us with the link to your site for us to be able to answer that question

frankcow, Apr 27, 2008 IP
    fuse-box likes this.
  3. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Firstly Google is not reacting to the things you have just done.....they do not update but once a quarter and as such the changes you saw were from what happened in the past.

Best thing to do is ride things out a bit.....making knee jerk moves can hurt more than help at times......

Sem-Advance, Apr 27, 2008 IP
    fuse-box likes this.
  4. fuse-box

fuse-box Peon

Best Answers:
    so how come when i buy back links from blogs and sites...they show up on my back-link search with in couple of weeks!?!? :confused:
    thanks for the help

5. amelia_seo

amelia_seo Peon

Best Answers:
    everything changes, when google updates :)

amelia_seo, Apr 27, 2008 IP
  6. schgrv

schgrv Active Member

Best Answers:
    it's just a Google Updation. I have seen changes for a my site. One week ago it was not in top 200 but two days ago i got 12th position & today i have 13th position. So be +ve and keep doing your work.

schgrv, Apr 27, 2008 IP
    fuse-box likes this.
  7. AgelessDiva

AgelessDiva Active Member

Best Answers:
    To me it sounds like you are going after one specific keyword or phase.

You may need to vary your anchored backlinks. Your main competing keywords and phases should only make up about 30-40 percent of your anchored text.

Also, a "Google Updating" would have very little do with ranking well in search.

I suggest you start going after secondary keywords and naturally occurring follow on text.... like click here, try, visit, play, and also anchoring your url in a variety of combinations.

Does your site rank for its own name?

Thanks,
    AD

AgelessDiva, Apr 27, 2008 IP
    fuse-box likes this.
  8. t2000q

t2000q Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    competion is tough - there is always a bigger fish

t2000q, Apr 27, 2008 IP
  9. fuse-box

fuse-box Peon

Best Answers:
    you got it. spot one...i usally chase one big keyword...but lately i have been changing it.....so it might be that...:rolleyes:
    but if it;s the google update, will it go back to the normal rank or will it stay like it is now??!

10. kg_lew

kg_lew Peon

Best Answers:
    updates will not be visible for months ... so if you dropped to page 6 it could be something you did earlier?

kg_lew, Apr 27, 2008 IP
  11. AgelessDiva

AgelessDiva Active Member

Best Answers:
    A PR update will have little to no effect on your search results. Don't confuse page ranking with search result.

I would suggest you continue link building in the manner I mentioned before and optimizing your site for your main competing keywords.

I would also suggest if you are only doing article marking and blog posts, anchor your most competitive keywords in your broadest related articles and your secondary keyword in your most specific articles... by doing this you will pick broad search results.

AD

AgelessDiva, Apr 27, 2008 IP
  12. alstar70

alstar70 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is always on the search for fresh content - that means fresh competition.

alstar70, Apr 27, 2008 IP
    fuse-box likes this.
  13. tsukara

tsukara Banned

Best Answers:
    Google search result always changes and the result comes from different data centers. Don't stop to build more backlinks to regain your position.

tsukara, Apr 27, 2008 IP
    fuse-box likes this.
  14. fuse-box

fuse-box Peon

Best Answers:
    you are a genius :rolleyes:...finally! somebody answerd the question....i don't think it's Google Update...

i think you are right....:eek: this is my problem...

15. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The links will show, however scoring of links takes time and as such the rankings are usually indeed related to PR updates.

Back links from articles directories, and any other free directory will have very little ranking value since they do not weed out spam sites, you can read Matt Cutts blog to determine the validity of those as well.

add to that the buying links is against Google TOS.. and most people will find why their site is dropping ;)

Sem-Advance, Apr 28, 2008 IP