1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HELP: Lifting paypal withdrawal limit

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by BlohG, Apr 27, 2008.

I have added a bank account to my paypal and withdrawn the amount to that few times, but the monthly withdrawal limit is $500 only.
    They say, i need to add a credit card to lift the withdrawal limit, but i DO NOT have a credit card.
    What do i do now, is there any other solution i can pass through?
    I mean, any other way i can raise the limit without adding a credit card?

BlohG, Apr 27, 2008 IP
  2. ShamelessTraffic

ShamelessTraffic Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you just buy a $30 prepaid credit card and add that to your account?

ShamelessTraffic, Apr 27, 2008 IP
  3. BlohG

BlohG Banned

Best Answers:
    I am from India, and we do not get credit cards easily here.
    Its a long process and i do not want to involve into.
    Any other way apart from credit card to raise the limit?

BlohG, Apr 27, 2008 IP
  4. netproint

netproint Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not too sure, but I have read this somewhere, you can use a SBI debit card for this purpose. Get a SBI account.
    If you dont have a Credit Card, you CAN NOT raise the withdrawal limits.
    As a matter of fact, one BIGGIE warning. DO NOT try to transfer ur funds to your pal's PP account and then ask them to withdraw the funds for you. Its against PP's terms of service and in other words, it would be called Money Laundring. People tend to do such things. I have researched a hell lot on how PP stuffs up things. Your PP account will be blocked, for sure if you try that.
    Other way around this is to get a credit card. Talk to the 'AGENT' who is going to get commission for issuing a credit card for you. The agents will do EVERYTHING to get you a credit card ;) (Sorry, I'm teaching you to go the wrong way, but thats what you gotta do, TALK to the agent. Try HDFC bank, their agents are always dying to open new Credit Card accounts).
    Take care,
    Andy.

netproint, Apr 27, 2008 IP
  5. BlohG

BlohG Banned

Best Answers:
    SBI or other Indian bank account debit cards do not work.
    Attaching a bank account is sufficient to prove the credibility, but why the hell do they need a credit card?
    There are millions of PP users, do all of them have a CC, i don't think so!

BlohG, Apr 27, 2008 IP
  6. netproint

netproint Peon

Best Answers:
    As a matter of fact, almost ALL Payment Gateway/Processors require you to have a Credit Card. And yes, all of those peeps who have PP account, have their withdrawal limits raised cuz they provided a valid CC.
    Strange? But thats the truth.
    Regards,
    Andy.

7. adking

adking Peon

Best Answers:
    WITHOUT Credit Card...
    Here's how you do it....
    Transfer ALL your money to your pal's verified personal pp account...there's a $100 limit....
    upgrade your current account (I'm assuming its personal)...to premium/business...
    Now create a Personal PayPal account IN YOUR OWN NAME(your allowed to have ONE account in EACH category).
    Now ask your friend to send the money back to you.
    Bingo your done!!
    Do NOT close your "upgraded account"...
    This way in the worst case senerio IF PayPal gets suspicious...the most PayPal will do is.....reverse the transaction...

adking, Apr 27, 2008 IP
  8. netproint

netproint Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats the end of story. Money Laundring.
    Go try it, if got stuffed up, then come back crying here to get the 'Limited Access' removed.

LOL .. :D ... Thats joke of the day. What if PP limited his access? Are you going to take the responsibility of that?

Andy.

9. BlohG

BlohG Banned

Best Answers:
    I have bypassed the transfer limit too ;-)

BlohG, Apr 27, 2008 IP
  10. goforhunt

goforhunt Banned

Best Answers:
    You can get add on card on your dad's card !

goforhunt, Apr 27, 2008 IP
  11. netproint

netproint Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats a good suggestion mate.

12. adking

adking Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Andy,
    Well you seem to like jokes....let me enlighten you:
    Not that it matters anymore.....but PayPal takes atleast 3 days to "react"
    Well in 3 days...the dude could have the money sitting in his bank account....
    or better yet he could be waving it around...

adking, Apr 27, 2008 IP
  13. arjun316

arjun316 Active Member

Best Answers:
    well many peope from india use hdfc netsafe credit card

its actually a vcc which you can use to verify paypal

if you dont have that hdfc bank account go open one and verify you payap

its damm easy

arjun316, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  14. BlohG

BlohG Banned

Best Answers:
    Can we verify using other's account?

BlohG, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  15. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Although it has been done time and time again but don't you think that defeats the purpose of verification ? The whole purpose of verification is to rely on an independent 3rd party (in this case, the bank)'s confirmation that you are who you claim you are.

If you use someone's else account to verify yours, it is claiming that you are that someone else. Would that achieve trust ?

In the end, the choice is yours. A number of people who does that got their accounts limited and Paypal asked for Credit Card Statements and they are stuck as VCC does not come with any statements especially if you use someone else's account.

eddy2099, Apr 28, 2008 IP
    BlohG likes this.
  16. BlohG

BlohG Banned

Best Answers:
    I completely accept your point eddy, but if this question was raised by paypal then i would have asked them, why do they need a credit card when i have verified my bank account, they even debited $2 as part of their verification process.
    Verifying by bank account or a credit card, what does it matter as both have the same process and institution, they just need to know a person's credibility, right? Wouldn't that be possible with a bank account?
    Seems ridiculous ah!

You know its quite difficult and tedious to get a CC in India and why should i apply one just for the sake of paypal ;-) think from a common man's point of view!
    In this case, people are left with no other choosing than going the wrong route.

BlohG, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  17. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would supposed that apart from a few countries, Paypal does not work with the local banking system as tightly as in the US. In countries such as the US, one can pay directly from a bank account to Paypal but that is not something the rest of the world can do. I guess until the world falls under one single government, there are many different banking laws at different jurdiscation.

Sadly speaking, the Credit Card is the only instant payment tool which can be used internationally. I believe paypal requires you to verify using a credit card is because that would inevitably be the tool you will use to make purchases through Paypal. Unlike Moneybookers, Paypal does not make you pre-load your account with money before thus the credit card is important.

eddy2099, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  18. netproint

netproint Peon

Best Answers:
    No offence meant, we all like jokes :)
    I don't doubt your knowledge at all. You seem to be an experienced guy who knows how to get (one way or the other) what belongs to you.
    But if you are talking about keeping your PP alive for long time, then you can't really ditch the bi*ch.
    But if you are talking about releasing money and then say goodbye mam, yes ... I agree with you whatever you have said in your previous posts.

For the person who started this thread, if you are bothered about your money which is stuck in your account and you want to release it and then say goodbye to PP, I would say listen to the experienced guys here.

I will stick with the safest option in any case: Dont use Paypiss :D

Andy.

netproint, Apr 28, 2008 IP