1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DealWorx ACRUs

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by thewaya, Feb 1, 2008.

1. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

now look what you've started:eek:

mcjp6, Apr 22, 2008 IP
  2. seowarrior

seowarrior Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Dealworx,

Have you noticed any issues with ACRUs being reported or tracked properly since the switchover to ePN?

seowarrior, Apr 22, 2008 IP
  3. DealWorx

DealWorx Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't look at me! I didn't start it. ;)

DealWorx, Apr 22, 2008 IP
  4. DealWorx

DealWorx Peon

Best Answers:
    We have shown a few tracking issues since it began. It will take time in order to see actual solid results of any tracking issues. There were certainly plenty with CJ.

DealWorx, Apr 22, 2008 IP
  5. seowarrior

seowarrior Active Member

Best Answers:
    By the way I bought and received my ACRU. So this service works as advertised. My only concerns are whether or not it could ultimately get me banned from ePN.

seowarrior, Apr 22, 2008 IP
  6. malchiang

malchiang Peon

Best Answers:
    I bought 10 leads last week and have received 6, so far so good.

malchiang, Apr 22, 2008 IP
  7. marcdonovan

marcdonovan Peon

Best Answers:
    I bought 5 leads and have received one after 22 hits on the target page. That's a pretty good conversion ratio.

As a long time web programmer, I'm very familiar with cookies and I know the browser will only send cookie information back to the site that set the cookie adn only when a new page is requested from the site that set the cookie. I am straining my imagination to see how a cookie could phone home when someone bids after a sign up on ebay. This would have to be through some form of plugin installed on the browser. Almost like spyware.

Don't mean to get all techie here, but I am really curious how this tracking works.

The business model actually makes sense. Would you do better sending your traffic to thousands of ebay bait pages for a 50% cut or through a dozen of your own stores?

marcdonovan, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  8. adnonsense

adnonsense Peon

Best Answers:
    I think we shouldn't be so hard on Dave. We don't know what his business model is and we have nobody complaining against him, except for one guy, and that too, nobody knows why he really got a warning from CJ. To say that Dave uses names and addresses of a phone book and uses the same set of IPs is silly. How could he possibly enter fake credit card details required for registration? You simply cant register without a valid credit card that has never been used for registering with ebay and you cant enter fake credit card details. So, Dave isnt doing the leads himself, thats for sure. But still the fact that he shares 50% when he can keep 100% and particularly, how does he control the number of leads ordered makes it seem he's the one doing the leads. You cant control the traffic on the site or for that matter, the number of people who will register with ebay through your site. Thats just impossible, unless, of course, you are doing the leads yourself. Anyway, this post seems to have created bad publicity for Dave and ebay.

adnonsense, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  9. moneymkr4

moneymkr4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Does one have to have an actual website or can I use the Ebay RSS Link to do this?

moneymkr4, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  10. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Feel free to write Ed Dorsey at Commission Junction and ask him to explain the small subset of IP addresses used to fill leads.

There are three or four other people working at Dealworx.

Also when I asked Dave initially how traffic is driven there was no mention of Adwords.

What was explained was they use large membership based site.

I did not come here to save myself from losing $5,000.00 as I already lost it. ( I am fortunate to have it to lose... buy I doubt others here have any money to lose... be it $50.00 or $50,000.00)

My purpose here is to make others Stop Think and Save themselves from hassles.

Dealworx likes you to start slow so that if you pay them by Paypal after 45 days you cannot file a dispute. :rolleyes:

Caveat Emporer

Sem-Advance, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  11. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    I hate posting my emails here but when my reputation is called into question or where there maybe some doubt as to what I am speaking of being sincere I will post these ( a few of over 100)

Read what you like

All leads come from Level 3 IP addresses and all are dial up.........

Who the hell uses dial up living in the USA?????? Not that many people I assure you.

=========================================================

Response (Ed Dorsey) 02/11/2008 02:31 PM
    David:

What does "membership based sites" involve? What are their names?

Ed Dorsey
    Publisher Support and Complianceo

02/19/2008 04:15 PM
    David:

The problem is, you have stats such as 2 bids and 106 leads from 83
    clicks
    last month running through the same restricted Level 3 IP
    range. Why would that be?

Ed Dorsey
    Publisher Support and Compliance

Hi Clint

Level 3 is ...

IP Location: United States Houston Level 3 Communications Inc
    Resolve Host: dialup-4.230.9.43.Dial1.Houston1.Level3.net

How would it be that you are targeting only them? Meanwhile, the 106
    leads from 83 clicks last month could only happen if at least some of
    those clicks involved multiple leads from the same source, again a
    Level 3 dialup connection.
    The same is happening in the related
    account.

Meanwhile, what kind of business or building is 4936 Yonge Street?

There are a number of publishers working out of that building. Do you
    all know one another?

Ed Dorsey
    Publisher Support and Compliance

DealWorx to me

show details Feb 24

I would not suggest to him you are using our service as he really doesn't need to know. Of course you will do what you want. There is nothing they can do about our service as we don't do anything wrong.

We have had others questioned before and had no problems. Then again the issue here is NOT the leads. The issue is just as Ed stated about the clicks. We weed out the extra clicks that don't convert (the nature of our system) so that we don't track thousands of extra clicks. In turn that can cause an issue with the numbers at CJ.

It doesn't matter whether the leads are legit or even the sales. :eek:

If your numbers are off they always think there is something wrong. LOL, CJ is about the only place I know that you can't be too successful or there is something wrong.

There are two issues... clicks/numbers and that address. The leads themselves are not in question that I can see.

On top of that when I first started the ebay program years ago I was accused of being some guy in FL that apparently caused problems and was banned. Seems I was marketing some of the same seller and niches on ebay. I had to go through the WHOLE thing of explaning to them I am not this guy (didn't have a name close to mine), didn't live or login from FL, didn't have any of the same information. It took a week, but they finally conceeded I wasn't him. Still it happens. Just like google, CJ can be a pain when it comes to being too successful. Though back then I wasn't all that successful we were talking a few hundred dollars.

Best,
    Dave

DealWorx to me

show details Feb 10
    =======================================================

I also only show 96 units outstanding (give or take a few units of course) overall. Which would be around $1200.

That is a STANDARD form letter. This happens all the time when there are sudden increases in traffic and sales to a CJ account. You simply answer their questions truthfully and it goes on from there.

We get our traffic from PPC, natural Seo, large membership bases, etc. Which you can tell them that's how you get yours as well. You don't have to mention us at all and they are welcome to look over the traffic (which they will do).

I am also a bit confused on whose accounts and how many accounts we are dealing with at any given time. If this is all ONE account then I could have warned you that sending that many units to one account is going to send up flags. If this is multiple accounts, then it would be nice to know which sites on are different accounts.

There are always numbers to monitored including EPC/CR etc. Can you let me know those numbers to see if perhaps we are way out of whack on those numbers?

Again, no need to panic. This is a standard form letter.

Your reply should be simple.

"I don't use any third party programs (which you don't). We use a variety of means including PPC, search engine marketing, some membership bases, etc."

Keep in mind your marketing if your business, but you still should be truthful which is exactly what you are being. I would wait until tomorrow to respond.

You have to see it from Ebay/CJ perspective. These accounts apparently had next to NO traffic (or they are new accounts) and then suddenly you have HUNDREDS of ACRUs to them. No matter HOW you get your traffic it's going to raise flags especially if your numbers are out of whack.

I warned against going overboard, but I assumed these units were being spread out across difference accounts.

Once you give me the breakdown of what sites are on separate accounts, and which sites are on your account along with the breakdown of EPC/CR for the month I can better judge helping you out on the response and what we should do from here.

Best,
    Dave

Here is our contact information:

Dealworx
    1205 Air Depot Rd
    Midwest City, OK 73110
    405-275-4316

Not sure how that is going to help you at all, but there you go.

Simple fact is I am hesitant to massively increase units while your clicks remain too low. You will raise red flags because of it just as you are dealing with on the other account. So I am spacing them out at best as possible.

In addition your sites have a HUGE drop off rate and bad conversion numbers at our end. We are losing considerable traffic. While I will continue to complete these orders future orders will have to be much smaller and on a test-by-test basis. Until we can nail down why your sites in particular have issues.

Right now we don't have anywhere near the tracking issues with other customers, so it's not a ebay/CJ issue at this time.

Best,
    Dave
    ==========================================================

Your money your loss..... I can only try to protect the few that are smart enough to consider the simple facts.

Peace!

12. marcdonovan

marcdonovan Peon

Best Answers:
    Sem, Interesting, but I checked my access logs and all of the hits I got were world-wide. I only ordered a few though, so that's not a real test. Maybe your problem was that you went from zero to hero in short order. Im sure the ebay fraud cops are targeting sudden increases in traffic.

marcdonovan, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  13. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    I started small....thats how Dave pushes you out to the 45 day mark where you can no longer file a dispute.

Anyway nothing more to be said on my part I posted the facts proof and who to contact for further proof.

My money is gone and its water under the bridge for me.....

My aim is only to stop others from losing their money

Peace!

argothiusz likes this.
  14. DealWorx

DealWorx Peon

Best Answers:
    Again lots of missing information being left out, and one side of the story. No matter we have plenty of customers that are quite happy.

In addition this thread alone helped increase to even more. :)

DealWorx, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  15. adnonsense

adnonsense Peon

Best Answers:
    "I hate posting my emails here but when my reputation is called into question or where there maybe some doubt as to what I am speaking of being sincere I will post these ( a few of over 100)"

Dear David,

No one is questioning your sincerity here. I was just suggesting that the warning from CJ could have been due to something else than Dave's methods. But it seems something is fishy. You have got to the bottom of the matter. So that could be Dave's business model - he has a couple of people, probably family members, working for him, with a few PCs and a dial up connection. They go to ebay through your site, fill up the registration form with details from the phone book and make a bid and then log out. Then he disconnects his net connection and connects again after a few minutes and hes got a new IP for making a new registration and givng a new lead. Of course, the first 2 numbers of the IP will remain the same like it does for all dial up connections, which is what must have raised those red flags. Again, this will not work for sites that do not draw any traffic and leads, but will work with sites that already have a reasonable amount of clicks and leads, so that a normal conversion ratio and the right mixture of IPs wont raise any red flags. You came under the scanner because your site probably does not attract any clicks and that initially created a suspicious conversion ratio. But it still beats me how Dave is faking the credit card information. Is he using the same credit card details over and over again?

Dave's clients are all happy and not complaining because its working for them right now. The day they lose money, theyll come here and start complaining about being ripped off. Thst why he shares 50% because he knows CJ will catch up sooner or later and pay nothing. This way, hes sure to get something in his pockets.

My apologies if I have hurt your sentiments and thanks for sharing your private emails with all of us. I know how it hurts to lose money like that, especially when you need money badly. To have financial problems is tough and to be saddled with a huge credit card bill is tougher and could take months to pay off. This has been quite eye opening. Dave, you honestly ought to provide an explanation for whats going on.

adnonsense, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  16. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    Maybe a VCC.

webwork, Apr 24, 2008 IP
  17. adnonsense

adnonsense Peon

Best Answers:
    VCC??? Does that mean Visa Credit Card? But still, you cant keep on submitting the same credit card details over and over again, whether its Visa or Discover. By the looks of it, he seems to be generating thousands of leads a month, and I dont think ebay accepts the same credit card details thousands of times...unless he has figured out a way to make some changes in the card number or other details for ebay's system to accept the data...but sounds near to impossible

adnonsense, Apr 24, 2008 IP
  18. clookid

clookid Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Virtual credit card...

clookid, Apr 24, 2008 IP
    argothiusz likes this.
  19. Saight

Saight Active Member

Best Answers:
    vcc means virtal credit card

Saight, Apr 24, 2008 IP