1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I love Affiliate Marketing

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Nabs, Mar 2, 2008.

1. spikey99

spikey99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nabs,

Curious do you do any list building? Marketing via building a list on any of your sites? Or Just links from content.

spikey99, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  2. mssarath

mssarath Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    congrats on your success , it gave me much motivation.

some little out of topic question. SEO related

do you submit to directories? what is your opinion about it?
    article submission , any notice in increase in SERP?

mssarath, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  3. van1198

van1198 Peon

Best Answers:
    WOW....very niche,

van1198, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  4. TelevisionShows

TelevisionShows Guest

Best Answers:
    If someone has some spare time, i really need some help on affiliate marketing. I have a small budget and want to promote a few computer games from ebay, or other CJ products. A few simple pointers will be awesome.

Thanks whoever

TelevisionShows, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  5. addlo

addlo Peon

Best Answers:
    This has been a very useful read. Thanks Nap for inspiring us. I joined this forum because of this thread, have read it through and there is a lot of info to be garnered from the Q and A. I'm truly encouraged and look forward to really working hard to achieve my goals.

addlo, Apr 12, 2008 IP
  6. BeSmile

BeSmile Peon

Best Answers:
    I think so! ;)

BeSmile, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  7. natkay2603

natkay2603 Peon

Best Answers:
    Not bad dude

natkay2603, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  8. ajx

ajx Peon

Best Answers:
    WoW... over 100 sites

ajx, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  9. surf4fun

surf4fun Peon

Best Answers:
    have u guys seen any big or small-medium business doing affiliate marketing..?

its not a business model

its purely luck.. hard work is there.. but still i will call it gambling with time and money

been there and done all those.. even seen 10k with email list days.. but i realised those are just waiste of time ..

try search yellow pages.. you wont see any body teaming up keeping employees or doing affiliate marketing to make a living..

it isnt a job or business..

there isnt any business model and it isnt continous..

yes its good for a man or boy who have lot of free time and want to risk his life for something like gambling..

be careful ..

surf4fun, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  10. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    surf4fun, and why you stoped aff marketing ? How it's not a business ? Big/medium also do many things which are not understandable from first time...

Also why people will tell someone they doing aff marketing for making a living ? WHY ? Only if they want, often they don't

SEOLinker, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  11. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    Want to add as well that in fact you are in business, like middleman. There IS business model like everywhere else. Big business not make this cause money not so serious to them. 10k+/month very good for 1 person but total peanuts for any serious business.

But...would you call aff networks, cpa networks and so on big business ? I do. Do the same and call yourself big if you want to be known as BIG boy, lol

SEOLinker, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  12. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    Wow... affiliate marketing = gambling? That's a first.

Every month I put money into my sites because they are an investment - every month I see residual revenue back.

Your post is uneducated at best.

webwork, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  13. TelevisionShows

TelevisionShows Guest

Best Answers:
    Im setting up selling ebay products through adwords.

What i do is create a simple landing page with blogspot. A picutre of the product on the left. And then a massive banner taking up the entire page, for buy it now items.

Do you think this will work?

TelevisionShows, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  14. surf4fun

surf4fun Peon

Best Answers:
    gamblers also put money every month and get return on investment every month

hyip players also put money every month and get return every month

if u deposit on bank or finanical institution u will get some interest every month..

business and job is way different then that..

i just want to make sure newbies.. its not a way to make a living..

its not continous business model..

-------------- a resturant or hotel or hostpital or day care or just search yellow pages.. or go and check googles office.. or any newspapers office.. how much ppl are working there how much investment fixed cost running cost etc involved to make a business sustain.. try go to a call center or a even go to a real animation or web design or seo services providing firms..--------------- even if web based real business are way different..

just building a nice affiliate web page.. and doing some seo or buying some advertising from ppc and waiting for luck to favor in your way is 100% gambling.. even u build a list or think u have analyzed the demand well for the keywords you are bidding or targetting

this is all the same like betting on couple of horses and if anyone wins you made the jack pot..

when i was a newbie.. i thought internet is the best business model and i was happy to read ebooks and learning seo etc..

later understood .. what i am building

a dot com empire that changes rapid fire and the whole business depends purely 80% on luck.. 20% on hard work and creativity(how r u different)..

one example would be

a one page website got million hits from digg on day 1

on day two it got nothing closed to that..

you wait for one miracle to happen..

you wait for one ppc campaign to work for u

and you start something new forgetting what u did until now..

but i am not against affiliate marketing.. i am also not against hyips or gambling or betting or whatever other ways you can make quick money making ways on internet..

but they arent close to real business models . and be sure you put all the money you earned from internet into buying a home and starting a habit to develop a real businesses and sustaining that..

real business models (even googles business model) are supported by banks and public share holders..

ask a bank to support you in your affiliate marketing.. and then see their reply

they will say sorry sir its purely gambling with no gurantee of return no production capacity and there is no fixed value of what ever you are developing/doing.. a .com domain can value to 10000$ or 9.99$. i am sorry we cannot support you or your funny projects..

take online venture as plesure and a way to increase your wealth..

but dont compare it with job or business..

its not.. ref commission can be earned even promoting alertpay or paypal or any other accounts to newer 1 million ppls who dont have it.. it isnt a business model you will depend your life with.. its simple..

surf4fun, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  15. seowarrior

seowarrior Active Member

Best Answers:
    Every business venture is a gamble. I don't care what kind of business model and business plan you have. It's all a gamble. Get used to it.

seowarrior, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  16. sin

sin Peon

Best Answers:
    I know where your hate comes from. Me thinks you've been burned real bad by them illegal hyips (ponzies). Understandable, been there done that, years ago. Everything and everybody is the enemy to you now. I think you need to meet Jesus at CJ. This ain't no gambling. Ask my wife. She'll slap you silly.

sin, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  17. surf4fun

surf4fun Peon

Best Answers:
    i dont mind if your wife slaps me real hard..

but even she is a cj genius..

ask her to meet a doctor a lawer a banker a teacher an industrialist a resturant owner a money exchanger and tell her to tell them that she is a cj jesus ...

who certified her? did she gone through any kind of education for this job or business..

i have gone through real business ppls..

my cousin brother is an industrialist and many close friends doing seo web development resturant clubs etc..

they laughed at my mouth when i said i make some money online doing affiliate marketing..

even i mate the most reputed business ppls who are in pharma business .. even the banks..

everybody knows its not a way to make a living..

its not a job or business..

its also not a field of talent like singer artist joker magician etc(who makes one time income)..

but affiliate summit happens and affiliate marketers from around the world do gather there.. and some even makes million dollars a year..

but then hacker summit also happens that doesnt means hacking is a serious business model..

busines and job is way different then just putting up a website a script a cheesy design some content and buying ppc credits or doing seo.. and hoping to make some dollars.. if not move ahead and lets craft the next peace..

data center
    web hosting etc can be considered a business model

seo services is a business model

affiliate marketing isnt.. its somekind of money making scheme..

surf4fun, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  18. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    How many fortune 500 CEOs do not have a college degree? Look up the answer, it will suprise you. Affiliate marketing is a highly entrepreneurial venture, in my opinion.

Who cares what other people think ? If you were making what the person who started this thread makes, they wouldn't be laughing anymore...they would be shitting their pants.

I treat my websites like a business and I live off the earnings they produce. The earnings I make is relative to the traffic my websites see, which is very predictable every month (just like a job). My website revenue is roughly 85-90% of my income.

I am against gambling and hyips, and there is a huge difference between gambling and affiliate marketing.

Yea, beacuse affiliate marketers focus on making money...um hackers focus on hacking. Common sense tells us who's going to make money here..

Yes, no kidding. Some people think it's as easy as this, but they are dead wrong.

LOL - and guess who these SEO companies are doing SEO work for?

Affiliate marketing is backed by real business and it's just a system, in essence it's a business partnership - any successful business can easily be boiled down to systems.

MarketingSherpa's research team estimated that, in 2006, affiliates worldwide earned $6.5 billion in bounty and commissions from a variety of sources in retail, personal finance, gaming and gambling, travel, telecom, education, publishing and forms of lead generation other than contextual ad networks such as Google AdSense.

Yes. A $6.5 billion pie in 2006. Think of how much that pie has grown since then. What a scam! :rolleyes:

You're just uneducated and haven't made any money with affiliate marketing. Learn more on how to be successful, starting with this thread, and replicate what successful affiliate marketers are doing. It's that simple, but just takes work like anything else.

webwork, Apr 18, 2008 IP
    SEOLinker likes this.
  19. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    "Affiliate marketing is backed by real business and it's just a system, in essence it's a business partnership - any successful business can easily be boiled down to systems." That says it all. I am from Ukraine. First model of business when USSR collapsed was .... tada tada...affiliate marketing ! lol People walked in stores to put their goods there and store get commisions. But sooner they realised it not so lucrative selling for offline store. And it's really hard to find such stores in my country today. But...internet is the field where it's VERY lucrative by obvious reasons.

Oh...webwork said everything already.

SEOLinker, Apr 18, 2008 IP
    webwork likes this.
  20. MGraziano

MGraziano Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Nabs I've just gone through the 10 pages of information going back and forth here; inspired me to actually create an account so that I could ask you something. Maybe anyone else could answer as well but I appreciate your expertise. A couple of days ago I payed $50 to a website called "keystrokes4cash.com". They gave me basic information and a beginning understanding of how affiliate marketing works and where to start off. The $50 was worth the link they gave me to this forum for sure... I have no experience with selling or advertising on the internet and haven't a clue what anybody is talking about when speaking with abbreviations such as "SEO", "PPC", "CPA" etc... My only question is where is a good place for me to get on my feet so that I can even comprehend what is going on. I'm very motivated and patient and willing to work hard for this; I'll call it my full time job just to learn. Can you give me some basic advice on what and where you would start in my position? Thank you very much - Mike

MGraziano, Apr 18, 2008 IP