1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MS Office Ultimate...$75

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by Danago, Apr 18, 2008.

Hi.
    Somebody just showed me a link which allows students to purchase MS Office Ultimate 2007 for only $75.

http://www.itsnotcheating.com.au

At the moment im just running open office which is pretty good, but if the $75 deal was legitimate then id strongly consider switching to ms office. What is making me skeptical though is the fact that the price is so low. Is this a common thing?

I did notice in the footer that the site is copyrighted to Microsoft:

"© 2008 Microsoft Corporation"

But does that necessarily mean it is legit?

Thanks for the input,
    Dan.

Danago, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  2. Peyote

Peyote Peon

Best Answers:
    Its legit, but its only valid for Australian and New Zealand university students. Yes, Microsoft is known to dole out cheaper student versions of its software

Peyote, Apr 18, 2008 IP
    terminator69 likes this.
  3. Danago

Danago Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, thats good to hear then :) I am at an aussie uni, so ill definitly consider it.

Does MS Office 07 have a good name for itself? Does anyone have any input in relation to their experience with office 07?

Danago, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  4. JenniP

JenniP Peon

Best Answers:
    AS previously mentioned it is legit, its part of Microsoft's campaign to get students "hooked" on Microsoft software rather than its free/open source equliviants.

Its a world wide offer, but each Microsoft area is handling it slightly differently hense that particular offer is only open to Aus and NZ.

As for using Office 2007, personally I love it however the new interface does take some getting used to, so if your used to previous versions of Office (or even things like Open Office) expect to tear your hair our a bit trying to figure things out.

It does have few strings attached (like all Microsoft Licences) but personally I think its great value, almost makes me wish I was a student again :)

Jen

JenniP, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  5. terminator69

terminator69 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yep it's excellent, a must have.

terminator69, Apr 18, 2008 IP
    Peyote likes this.
  6. Danago

Danago Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the input :) I had a quick look at MS's online trial version and i see what you mean about the whole new interface and how things are set out. I must say, it does look pretty stylish though :) I have heard a few people complain about the compatibility with older version of office. Is this true, and can documents be converted to be compatible with older versions without any damage to the document?

Danago, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  7. JenniP

JenniP Peon

Best Answers:
    Every version of office has a different format, Office 2007 is no exception. Earlier versions of Office cannot read the new Office 2007 format files although there is an import filter for Office 2003.

You can however get Office 2007 to save files in an Office 2003 compatable format, personally I've had no problems with this.

You can also download an addin for Office 2007 which allows saving directly to PDF, while other programs may do a better job, its free and painless.

Jen

JenniP, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  8. Danago

Danago Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ah ok, sounds alright then.

Thanks for the input everyone :D

Danago, Apr 18, 2008 IP