1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A hosted-BANS, but better. 100% Commissions

Discussion in 'eBay' started by purdue512, Dec 21, 2007.

1. auburnfan23

auburnfan23 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah just enter ur info and it will start sending you emails welcoming you, just delete these as they are probably of no use to u...

auburnfan23, Apr 13, 2008 IP
  2. purdue512

purdue512 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah - Maybe not the most discriminating list, but a link is a link.

The plan is that future article directories will require validation. The first batch of 100 or so that I loaded up, don't.

Still QA testing the submission process. Hit a few snags, but articles are posting. Hope to have that code released to you guys shortly for beta test..

purdue512, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  3. anarmyofme

anarmyofme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Once you build and test these directories, you (Al) should consider charging a small fee to outsiders or use the system as a way of getting backlinks...

anarmyofme, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  4. Jason Green

Jason Green Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you edit the product pages withn the product directory to add unique content and edit page titles etc. Also what about editing the content on category pages.

If you can't do that then the whole system is very limited because everyone who uses it will have identical product directories consisting of the same content - which will mean most will be penalized for dupe content and won't get natural SE traffic. But if you can add unique content to product and category pages that problem goes away.

Jason Green, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  5. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Good thinking.. I was wondering if people would find this to be of value on it's own.

Great points. I tend to agree with your analysis.

Right now you can't put content on the category pages. So, that's a drawback.

BUT - You can put products on your Articles (which are essentially custom pages). So, we kinda went the other way. We assumed that the pages that are mostly product will not SERP well anyway. So we opted to put products on the pages that WILL rank well - the article pages... No limit on the article pages. Working on back-link services right now to help you get them well ranked.

ALSO - FRIENDLY REMINDER: Please sign up for the eBay Partner Network if you have not already. Please fish out your campaign ID as you will need it in your IncomeStore shortly to keep earning from eBay. They are discontinuing CJ at the end of the month (April).

purdue512, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  6. Jason Green

Jason Green Peon

Best Answers:

Jason Green, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  7. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your points Jason. You make a good argument. I understand what you're saying about conversion. That's solid thinking...

The problem is logistical - just as you point out. Currently, the product lists auto-build in IncomeStores... So, I need to figure out a way to add the custom text and not disrupt that process.

So, in summary - I think it's a good idea. Agree with your SEO analysis. In the end, unique and relevant content will perform / SERP better than anything else. If you were willing to put in the time, your product pages would place better.... Would anyone else spend the time to do this?

Thx

purdue512, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  8. Jason Green

Jason Green Peon

Best Answers:
    If you do get that sorted please contact me as I'll be very interested in using this and pushing it to a private group if it works out well.

Jason Green, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  9. alext

alext Active Member

Best Answers:
    It seems like this could be done on the category/sub-category "What's Popular" and "Hot Shop Product" pages. Since we already have an interface for adding/editing these it seems like the possibility is there. As far as the auto-generated pages... that seems lot harder.

alext, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  10. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Okay.. Since you put it that way :)

Let me get on it... There were a few things ahead of it in the queue:

1) Auburn's articles
    2) Michael's request for Google WebMaster Tools meta tag..

But this sounds pretty darn interesting. So I hope the other guys don't mind if I push this up the list. It will benefit them as well.

If I understand your requirements:

1) Customize the Title of the product pages
    2) Customize the keywords meta tag of the product pages.
    3) 50-200 Paragraph of custom text on the product pages.

Did I get it? What else?

11. Jason Green

Jason Green Peon

Best Answers:
    Well here is what I think you should do:

- Customize Meta Title.
    - Custom meta title is also used at the top of the page using a <h1> tag.
    - Custom HTML on product pages or custom text - that opens it up for people to add videos, add links, add whatever they want including an article. No limit on length of article.
    - Meta Keywords doesn't really matter as SEs don't pay attention.
    - A meta description should be made - but just from the first xxx characters of your post like the wordpress meta description tag plugin does. Where xxx is the max characters Google shows on its results pages as they use the meta description on the results page.
    - HTML containing the unique content is above all other HTML in the <body> part. Above menus etc. This can be done with CSS pretty easily.

All That should be done on category & product pages.

In addition:

- autolink between related products if you don't do this already (based on page title and description). So for example on every product page show 5 other related products - basically system looks for related pages and lists the, - this will help indexing and is a great internal structure. Look up the related posts plugin for wordpress as you'd be doing essentially the same thing.

Oh and I assume you can install the script on an existing domain in a subfolder - that way it can benefit from being on an aged authority domain if you have one (which most people do unless they are new).

Jason Green, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  12. purdue512

Best Answers:
    As always, I appreciate your feedback. You're all helping me make the product stronger.

So, we're going to give this idea a go and see what happens. Full release notes below on the new edit functions on the product pages. We also got to Michael's request for the Google Webmaster Tools tracking... Let me know if that has any problems.

http://forum.incomestores.com/topic.php?id=66&replies=1
    Beta 0.65 Release Notes

Here are the release notes for 0.65... Cheers....

283-2 Ability put custom text, title, description and keywords on product pages

There was a request from the DP forum to give the store owner more control over the actual product pages in the store. As you know, the product list auto-generates, and content is pulled from various sources via API. However, there is concern about duplicate content and a desire to modify these pages to help them perform better in search engines.

At the bottom of any product page, when you are logged in as the admin, you will see a button that says "Customize". This will take you to a form to add custom meta TITLE, DESCRIPTION, and KEYWORDS. You can also add text that will show up in the page itself.

284-1 Ability to remove products from my store

You can now remove products on an individual basis. At the bottom of the product page, when logged in as the Store Admin, there is a button that reads "REMOVE". This will take that product out of your store.

285-1 Ability to clear products from my store.

There is now a link under ADMIN \ PRODUCTS that reads CLEAR PRODUCTS. This will take you to a confirmation screen. Please understand this action can't be undone once you select "CLEAR ALL PRODUCTS FROM MY STORE."

286-2 I want to add products manually to my store.

There is now a setting under ADMIN GLOBAL to turn OFF the automatic product list building function. If you set this to manual, you will need to add products one-by-one or there will be no products in your store.

280-1 Meta - Editing within head for Google Webmaster ID

There is a new field under EDIT in the header specifically for your GOOGLE WebMaster ID. If you put a value in this field, a meta tag will display so that Google can verify your site as yours. Get this ID from Google Webmaster tools.

Steps:

1) Register your store domain name with Google Webmaster Tools
    2) Select VERIFY
    3) For the verification method, select "Add a META tag" as the verification option.
    4) They will give you a complete META tag. DO NOT CUT THE ENTIRE TAG. THAT WILL NOT WORK. Select the unique key between the double quotes for the variable CONTENT. For example, if Google gives you the following:

meta name="verify-v1" content="dffsdfkjh3kj3h238y2elihe2e"

The value you need to paste into the Google Webmaster ID field in your income store is:

dffsdfkjh3kj3h238y2elihe2e

Paste that into your IncomeStore and hit Update BEFORE you hit VERIFY at Google. Once you have updated the value. You can then verify... The ID is placed in your meta tag immediately (no delay).

http://forum.incomestores.com/topic.php?id=66&replies=1

13. alext

alext Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am really happy to see these suggestions come to life. I'd like to second (third since I mentioned it before :) the importance of the meta description. The implementation Jason mentioned sounds like a great solution.

alext, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  14. Jason Green

Jason Green Peon

Best Answers:
    What about editing the category pages - you just mentioned product pages.

Jason Green, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  15. purdue512

Best Answers:
    No problem guys. Glad I could help. Again - Great suggestions. I am here to make the product better so we all make more money..

Tell ya what - I will monitor the product pages and if I see some use of the new customer TITLE / DESCRIPTION / KEYWORDS and TEXT fields we implemented last night, we'll move on to the Category pages... Sound fair?

In the mean time, I need to finish up some of the link-building parts that are yet incomplete. Specifically:

1) The ARTICLE BLASTER currently only supports automated sign-up, but not automated posting.
    2) The WIDGET module is long overdue. I used it to get over 500,000 backlinks last year and pushed a site up to PR7. So I think there will be strong interest here.
    3) I owe a few people PLR articles, as promised.

Cheers...

purdue512, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  16. OddManOut

OddManOut Active Member

Best Answers:
    Some interesting ideas on this theme at:

http://forum.incomestores.com/topic.php?id=66&replies=5

They are talking about methods for automating product page manipulation to make them unique, but with related text on the page and keywords in the title / description. You guys should really weigh in.

OddManOut, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  17. auburnfan23

Best Answers:

I think the widget Idea is great but I dont many people would download a widget from a store to put on there site, so Im not sure how good that would work for this..

auburnfan23, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  18. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Understood.. There are two strategies here:

1) You set up a special widget page that is dedicated to the widget. It really has nothing to do with your store. You then buy traffic to it via PPC (really cheap)... People come and install the widget. As long as the widget does what they want it to, they don't really care where it's served from.

2) I have other sites where the widget code is given out. The widget source can point to any site and doesn't have to be the same site that they are at when they get the widget. Again, as long as it works... Great way to build legitimate back-links. They get the functionality of the widget and you get the backlink... Fair trade.

purdue512, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  19. auburnfan23

Best Answers:
    So I guess I could put it on one of my many blogs and still embed my stores backlinks in them..

I have a few sports blogs and a finance blog you got anything that would fit with those?

auburnfan23, Apr 22, 2008 IP
  20. auburnfan23

Best Answers:

Sorry I didnt read this post earlier, but year I wouldnt mind you pushing it
    up the list Mr. Green seems to have some good ideas and my sites are
    not ranking well so any help would be great.

auburnfan23, Apr 22, 2008 IP