1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I set up My PayPal Account in Australia but want to add a US Bank Account

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by vodkkaa, Feb 23, 2008.

I set up my PayPal account as an Australian account because that is where I live. Currently I have only US dollars in my PayPal account and want to withdraw them to my US bank account. The problem is that when I try to add a bank account, it has to be Australian. Is there anyway to do it without making a new PayPal account.

vodkkaa, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  2. rome

rome Peon

Best Answers:
    According to the PayPal regulations, When you change a country,You are supposed to close your previous account and open a new one in the country of current residence.....Considering the above,You can close your Australian PayPal account and singup for a New PayPal account in U.S and once you shift back to Australia,You need to repeat the above

rome, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  3. ehuq

ehuq Peon

Best Answers:
    US bank account is always acceptable.
    You can add your US bank account to your Australian paypal account too.

ehuq, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  4. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    I Believe in Australia, you need to add an Australian Bank for the verification process but after you added that, you can add your US Bank. When you have two bank accounts listed, you can decide which to withdraw to. So it would mean that even with an Australian bank listed, you do not need to withdraw to it at all.

eddy2099, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  5. vodkkaa

vodkkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    I have opened a US PayPal account and am waiting for my bank account to be confirmed. Does PayPal have any problems with people holding multiple accounts. My Australian account isnt verified, and I am going to close it after I transfer my current balance over to my US paypal

-=EDIT=-
    I have $450 USD in my unverified Australian account. Can I send the money to my US account, then withdraw it to my US bank account, even though it hasn't been confirmed yet. The only thing I am worried about is my US PayPal being limited for recieving such a large transaction.

vodkkaa, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  6. rome

rome Peon

Best Answers:
    Friend, You will be in Deep trouble incase you open two personal PayPal account, You are permitted to have one business and one Personal account, I suggest you close your Australian account rite away,incase this is detected,Both of your accounts will get limited......

rome, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  7. vodkkaa

vodkkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    My Australian account is a premiere account. Is that OK.

vodkkaa, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  8. rome

rome Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, You mentioned above that your Australian account isn't verified ? Then how can it be premiere.....? I gave my suggestion, Suggest you to do consult the PayPal website help section for further info,

The bottom line is,One person cannot have two personal accounts in his name at any time...Hope this helps

rome, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  9. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    You really need to be in the country in which you sign up for your paypal account. Otherwise, you pretty much be putting yourself into a lot of trouble.

Which country are you residing in now, Australia or US ? I am really confused.

eddy2099, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  10. prince4life

prince4life Active Member

Best Answers:
    My current paypal account is premiere and it is not yet verified

prince4life, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  11. k1186

k1186 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is us bank account working on an australian paypal account for verification process? Anyone can confirm?

k1186, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  12. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    You cannot add a US bank account to a Australian Paypal account for verification since the US is not part of Australia or vice versa. Verification is to determine your identity. However, I believe you can include an additional US bank account apart from your already added Australian bank account for the withdrawal option.

eddy2099, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  13. Michael Mic

Michael Mic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    please do paypal accept USA bank account that the name is different from the name used to register to be attached with the payal?
    I mean i have a payoneer usa bank account with different name and paypal with also different name, please can i add the payoneer card with the paypal?
    Thanks

Michael Mic, May 3, 2014 IP
  14. Gary Solomon

Gary Solomon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you mean miss-match names from you PP account and Payoneer bank card? nope Payoneer might reject banks transfers coming from a different name on file. My best advise, get a BOA account and attach it, or go with another prepay card. In my opinion.

Gary Solomon, May 3, 2014 IP
  15. soapmakingadvice

soapmakingadvice Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi there, I have a similar issue but can't quite work it out...

I am based in Australia, and have an Australian paypal account. I also have an Australian based USD bank account with the Commonwealth Bank. I would like to add the USD bank account to my paypal account, so I can add and withdraw money in USD as well as AUD. Do you know if this is possible? It seems that I can only add an AUD bank account?

soapmakingadvice, Jan 4, 2016 IP