1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My First $1000.00 Day On Azoogle

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by aj22, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kavopero

kavopero Banned

Best Answers:
    From what cpc i need start if my target cpc in catfoodniche is 0,07$?

kavopero, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  2. Joobz

Joobz Peon

Best Answers:
    there's that Haterade again.

Joobz, Apr 5, 2008 IP
    SEOLinker likes this.
  3. shockalock-g

shockalock-g Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't get your panties in a bunch when you get rick rolled again....and you will too. ;)

BTW, thanks for the -rep! :D

shockalock-g, Apr 5, 2008 IP
    tacoma likes this.
  4. pood

pood Active Member

Best Answers:

.40-.50 then lower by 10% everyday.

pood, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  5. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    He at least has a womans panties .....you on the other hand are still trying to figure out what to do with your appendage other than rub one out...

The link was a waste of time and rather immature...

STFU

:mad:

Hows that for hating?

:D

Back on topic .......

Sem-Advance, Apr 5, 2008 IP
    SEOLinker likes this.
  6. kavopero

kavopero Banned

Best Answers:
    Rather much for Content Network:confused:

kavopero, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  7. speed100

speed100 Peon

Best Answers:
    Loool,somebody just give -rep for RickRoll.:D Some people just can not take it. It's too much to handle.

p.s.
    Why would you even click on the link, catfoodringtones.com????????/:D

speed100, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  8. pood

pood Active Member

Best Answers:
    thats your max. typically don't hit the max. you want to start high so you can get as many impressions as you can, then you start bringing it down everyday till you get to the level that you want.

pood, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  9. Jon12345

Jon12345 Peon

Best Answers:
    What is the benefit of starting high and then bringing down your bid? Why not start at 7 cents and be in profit from day one?

Jon12345, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  10. jasonbrown225

jasonbrown225 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys,

I'm a pretty big "Click Banker" but decided to give the "Catfood" example a try.

My only problem is that my traffic is doing this:

Clicks Adwords Ad > Irrelevant Landing Page > Visitor Bounces

I am only getting around 6/250 to click the advertisement for Ringtones. Only 1 out of those 6 actually make it all the way to the merchant landing page. So I was wondering if anyone had any tips to help me get visitors to click the Ringtones advertisement? Or is that amount the average of what everyone else is getting? After doing strong market research for several months, I know I am hitting the correct demographics, but I just don't see why they aren't clicking the ad.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Cheers!

jasonbrown225, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  11. Bm1125

Bm1125 Member

Best Answers:
    Same here.

my bounce rate is about 80%.

Jon12345 - You can't start bids like that. If you want your ads to show up u must bid high then reduce.

Bm1125, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  12. EDU-Links

EDU-Links Guest

Best Answers:
    Jason- you probably already have this right but just to clarify, you know the landing page should be relevant to the ad they click on, right? Then I think it's a question of pitching the ringtones offer and it needs to be somewhat aligned with the demographic/needs of the users and the landing page as well, if at all possible.

EDU-Links, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  13. shockalock-g

shockalock-g Peon

Best Answers:
    Starting bids that low won't get good positioning or enough impressions. When you start it high (0.40 - 0.50), your bids will drop in cost each day automatically but you'll have a better chance of maintaining your positions and impressions. You can then lower it a little each day until it gets down to under 0.10. You'll probably be running at a loss initially, but thats what it takes with this cat food method.

shockalock-g, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  14. navidos

navidos Member

Best Answers:
    Hi everybody!
    I'm new user!
    Would u plz show me that how can i find to learn PPC ?

navidos, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  15. jasonbrown225

jasonbrown225 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah visitors follow this path:

"Click Cat Food Ad" > Cat Food Landing Page > Bounce

I want them to:

"Click Cat Food Ad" > Cat Food Landing Page > Ringtone Landing Page > Ringtone Merchant Page = Conversion

Right now, I'm using text links but maybe I should try to use some banners along the page. Here were my Adwords stats yesterday:

649,063 Impressions
    213 Clicks

Only 7 made it over to the Ringtone Landing Page and even worse only 1 made it to the Merchant page. Needless to say, I didn't have a conversion.

This is a brand new campaign so I'm still paying around $0.30 a click.

Start by reading the first page of this thread and go all the way through. Next read everything else you can on these forums as well as WickedFire. Also read Google's Adwords documentation. This will all take some time, but you ask how you can learn.

jasonbrown225, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  16. Jon12345

Jon12345 Peon

Best Answers:
    What mechanism causes your bids to have a better chance of maintaining position if you start high and drop, as opposed to going straight in at your estimated profitable bid? Doesn't your ranking depend on CTR and bid amount?

The lets-start-high-and-drop-my-bids approach on Search used to work, but Google have changed the algo so that it shouldn't make any difference. They now calculate just based on your ranking and what they expect your CTR should be. So perhaps it is the same for Content now too?

Jon12345, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  17. BrianJump

BrianJump Active Member

Best Answers:

BrianJump, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  18. BrianJump

BrianJump Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ive read this entire thread through, and what doesnt make sense to me is that AJ's idea or technique takes the prospect thru MORE clicks and options to click out..usually the less clicks the better in ppc...And as others have mentioned, relevant ads produce relevant leads....the less relevant the ad, the more likely you will lose your prospect since they arent likely to change their minds about what they were looking for in the 1st place...

So, like others in this thread, im confused about how this could work. And its not like I dont have any Adwords experience, content and search included..The idea of getting unrelated searches to convert to a sale doesnt make sense. Think about it: step one: User clicks on cat food or other non ringtone ad that is not even CLOSE to ring tones. Step 2: User clicks on a ringtone ad? then to yet another page for the sale? thats asking ALOT of a websurfer these days. The chances of a sale converting after having to make four decisions + is less likely than a sale having to only go from one related ad direct to a merchant landing/sales page. Common sense...

BrianJump, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  19. shockalock-g

shockalock-g Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, you get better CTR when you start your bids high because you get more impressions. Starting your bids low will lessen the amount of times your ads will be displayed, thus lower CTR.

No it still works on search. I started a new search campaign the other day and is doing that right now. Managing to hold steady at position 3-4 while lower my bids each day. Definately still works on the content network, i'm running a "cat food formula" campaign myself and is holding at position 2.5, at 0.07/click.

shockalock-g, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  20. shockalock-g

shockalock-g Peon

Best Answers:
    It works based off of a few things :

1) Its really hard for alot people to convert users on a direct ringtone landing page (and expensive). This "formula" filters the users through a series of steps and by the time they reach the offer page, the ones who are still there are more than likely ready to convert. Hence why some folks here are getting 1/12, 1/16, 1/10 conversions...etc.

2) CPC for ringtones bids on search network can get quite expensive. This method takes advantage of high volumes of cheap clicks from the content network but the trade off is converting the high paying ringtone offer. This "formula" wouldn't work too well with lower paying offers.

3) It targets unrelated niches, but the niche should be targeted to people in the "buying mood", or rather, the group of people who are more than likely to convert (or buy things) at a whim.

shockalock-g, Apr 7, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.