1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I bet nobody here makes > USD5,000 per month in Adsense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by dlcmh, Mar 18, 2006.

From participating in various forums, both free and paid, the only people able to break this figure are:
    1. Those who own mega community sites, eg online dating forums, tech forums (eg John Chow), etc
    2. Those who do grey to black hat stuff, ie use page generators, cloaking, splogs, etc - but it seems they're affected pretty badly lately, and those that survive are the ones able to hammer out 100,000 pages a day, and post backlinks to those pages on thousands of splogs via the use of automation
    3. Arbitraging by the use of PPC to drive traffic to your site, with the hopes that the visitor would click a higher-priced ad - the effectiveness of this approach is also dwindling.

The struggling majority aspiring to reach this monthly figure via the use of articles only will have to wait a very, very long time before reaching this figure. If you're being told that all you need to do to get Adsense income is to write your passion, you'd have to settle for a very lowly income ranging from USD10 per month to USD300 per month. Many are satisfied with this level.

But if you're dreaming of surpassing the 5k ceiling, then the greatest challenge is to get that huge amount of traffic to your site, a great challenge that requires superior creativity, and something that I'm struggling with.

The days when I took home easy $xxx/day income using page generators have long gone, and I must now turn my attention to *creative* white hat methods.

Thanks for allowing me to rant, and from the 2 days I've spent on this forum, I've learnt a lot from people like John Chow (Moto) already.

dlcmh, Mar 18, 2006 IP
    commandos likes this.
  2. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are wrong. None of those 3 things are necessary for such an amount/month

lorien1973, Mar 18, 2006 IP
    Seiya likes this.
  3. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are so confused. Some people do $5,000 a day here. I would say there are more then a hundred forum members here who do more than 5 grand per month with adsense, if not more. That isn't that much money...

Maybe I don't understand what you are saying... but your title is totally wrong.

MattEvers, Mar 18, 2006 IP
    Seiya likes this.
  4. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    $5000 a month isnt much and definetly many people do $5000 a day here, MattEvers does $1000!!! :D

Seiya, Mar 18, 2006 IP
    lorien1973 and MattEvers like this.
  5. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nah, I don't do much adsense. Mostly affiliate stuff... But I KNOW other people are big in adsense.

6. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats cool.
    Now, I too think >5000$ a month is possible by owning many sites and visiting DP frequently :).
    Many A.S. Gurus here :D

SEO Guru, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  7. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    $5k per month isn't that much.

AfterHim.com, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  8. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree... if he said nobody does more than 500K per month in adsense, I would probably agree...

9. dlcmh

dlcmh Peon

Best Answers:
    Matt, congrats on your achieving xxx/day as documented in your blog.

OK - great info guys, I'd like to thank you beforehand.

I've been browsing webmasterworld.com for almost a year now, and the show of confidence in terms of breaking USD5k/month is nowhere near as strong there as it is here. Even in private Adsense forums where you pay USD57/month, there're not that many individuals who can break the 5k/mth mark (which says a lot about the value of participating in those forums)

Please keep your stories coming - I'm inspired already!

dlcmh, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  10. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    though most of them won't admit it(why will they anyhow) but I know few who are in the "records" of earning 10-12K month here :D just search...

poseidon, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  11. dlcmh

dlcmh Peon

Best Answers:
    10-12k has been my target for the longest time - I can think of many ways of celebrating the day I hit this ;)

Thanks for the info!

dlcmh, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  12. nate_king1

nate_king1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    10-12k isn't my target. More like 100k-120k/Month.

nate_king1, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  13. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    When you get there, you will just want more. It's human nature. IMO...

onedollar likes this.
  14. dlcmh

dlcmh Peon

Best Answers:
    Nate, it's not my business, but you're perhaps half-way there? :)

dlcmh, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  15. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    True, my goal has been to increase by $10 daily :p So far ive done it 4 times already in 3 months so im doing good :D

A bit more to go to my main first goal. And then, go on!

Seiya, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  16. dlcmh

dlcmh Peon

Best Answers:
    Matt, it's definitely *my* nature for sure ;)

10k seems like a nice round number to aim for, for now.

dlcmh, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  17. corinaw

corinaw Not Banned

Best Answers:

Yes- Visit dp frequently. I've learned tons! Using graphics and following the heatmap were huge for me.
    No- you don't have to have many sites. I have just 1 adsense site.
    You don't have to have a gazillion page views per day either. I'm about 5000 page views per day on my adsense pages and it does really well.

Think niche, niche niche.

Find something you are interested in already so your passion for the topic will make your site better than the others out there.

corinaw, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  18. cpvr

cpvr Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm making around $400 a month with adsense, so I have a long time before I hit $5,000 a day with adsense, believe me - a few people here make $5k a day with adsense.

cpvr, Mar 18, 2006 IP
    *Mayank* likes this.
  19. marques

marques Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been an active reader DP for a few months and I typically see this here on DP were someone makes an assumption or 'educated guess' only to get negative or 'you are wrong!' posts in return.

It is fine to tell someone that they are wrong, but please provide facts. If not it just becomes an argument of ones own opinion. dlcmh has made a big claim, but in my mind the people that have posted against his thoughts have done nothing to prove this guy wrong.

I personally think that there are very few who are breaking the 5K limited, and google is working hard to hinder 'made for adsense' pages and click fraud.

All and all, milk adserse’s pay per click program for every dime, b/c one day it will be gone, you can mock my words on that one.

Sorry the grammar it has been a late night for me.

marques, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  20. gnetsolutions

gnetsolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    I barely missed the 5k mark last month from my site. This time last year I was making 2 or 3 dollars a day and yesterday I made around 185... the point is, if you put in the work, find a good niche, and build traffic, you will succeed.

gnetsolutions, Mar 18, 2006 IP
    onedollar likes this.