1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adwords is a Joke

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by texas-host, Apr 3, 2008.

Google Adwords is the biggest waste of time and money on the internet. They raise the cost per click up so high that your wasting your money with them. Their are to many large companys who pay a few dollars per click and it leaves the little guys out of everything unless you are willing to pay $5 a click. What a waste:mad:

texas-host, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  2. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Says the lazy person that thinks AdWords should be "easy".

GuyFromChicago, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  3. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you are right, stay away from it. that way, its more for us who put some effort to learn the system

sultanofseo, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  4. alext

alext Active Member

Best Answers:
    What's wrong with expecting it to be easy? I think Google markets it as easy.

I've been working with AdWords on and off for a few years. It seems to me it was a lot more simple to use effectively before. The changes, especially with respect to pricing seem reasonably incomprehensible to me now. I certainly don't think adwords is a "joke" but it does really seem like a mysterious system.

I suppose the changes have come about due to the changing nature of the internet and probably a lot of people abusing the system. But last time I tried to create a campaign I felt like I had to game the system myself to get anywhere.

alext, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  5. sultanofseo

Best Answers:
    you hit right on the nail. google is the number one SE and it needs to maintain the integrity of its search and sponsor results. before it was easy as one could just start a campaign with few KW and direct the traffic to any affiliate sites. that doesn't provide much value to the visitors. now that google charges the advertisers based on landing page QS, CTR, and account history, only people who play a fair game and have a quality site gets rewarded with competitive pricing. This change had to be made to keep the spammers and scam artists away from the system along with people who dont have any value to provide to the visitors. Yahoo also adopted to a similar technology with their Panama launch.

sultanofseo, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  6. mikesed

mikesed Peon

Best Answers:
    It has it's moments but generally if you remember that Google want their ads to serve up quality websites athat match the search then usually you can work really well with the system.

I've certainly no complaints over the years I've been using it.

mikesed, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  7. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    The system itself is easy to use - a 10 year old could set up an account and get a campaign running if they had a credit card. Competing within the AdWords environment is not easy - that's not because of the system, it's because of the sophistication of the advertisers using the system.

I just get kind of tired of reading people's rants that always seem to blame the system. The system, AdWords, works great. You just have to spend time learning how to best utilize it's capabilities and to compete in the AdWords environment.

I could pick up a scalpel, cut myself open and yank out my liver. That's easy. Am I a doctor? No, I'm some guy with a scalpel. Doctors spend years figuring out how to use the scalpel effectively. Anyone can setup an AdWords account and bid one some keywords. That's easy. Does that make them a paid search professional? No, it makes them some guy with AdWords account. Paid search professionals spend years figuring out how to use AdWords effectively.

GuyFromChicago, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  8. PPC-Coach

PPC-Coach Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well put...

PPC-Coach, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  9. sultanofseo

Best Answers:
    guy just joined, made 2 posts and got banned. i hope he doesn;t think its a joke too

sultanofseo, Apr 4, 2008 IP