1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do all freelancers SUCK? I need a PHP/MYSQL coder

Discussion in 'Programming' started by BusinessCoach, Mar 29, 2008.

1. BusinessCoach

BusinessCoach Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am 2 hours from you in Tampa bay...gimme a holler

BusinessCoach, Mar 30, 2008 IP
  2. alfredn

alfredn Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    To be honest, I sort of agree with your point, honestly, most Indians are very inferior to their American counterparts is what I have found in the past. I have only found one Indian that was worth spending cash on. Usually if you want something cheap and done well, it's best to go right past the half-trained Indians and find someone living in East or North Europe. However, there are very few of those guys and they keep work.

Anyway, to be honest, if you really have a serious project, i'm interested if the pay is right. I'm not sure why you're dealing with Indians if you have a big project. You'd have much better luck hiring an American firm to get your work done, even if it costs more; and you won't go through the same person twice. I'm a freelancer in college at the moment, so I can handle a job of this type but it would be a bit longer than say, a good firm would. Anyway, PM me, and check out my portfolio:

http://wegotanamp.com

Thanks

alfredn, Mar 30, 2008 IP
  3. rkquest

rkquest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This is how the thread starter should do it. Post your project, post your budget and wait 'til someone shows interest.

EDIT: To answer the question "Do all freelancers SUCK?" my answer is no, just like how not all freelance employers suck.

rkquest, Mar 30, 2008 IP
  4. cgo85

cgo85 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I actually stumbled across this because I was looking for how to setup a detailed 'schematic' myself. But I've become intrigued by the postings that have been going on.

BusinessCoach, you're being ridiculous! The average black person, or average women, performing the same work in AMERICA makes less than white male. Does that mean that a black male or a women should accept less compensation from you to do the job? Furthermore, why does it matter how much time is spent on your project? If it's finished under the timeline you agreed on, and it's finished correctly who cares! If you want to hire someone to go into your home and work at a per hour rate than do that... but you're asking for a finished product at a set price.

Really, it's just unfortunate that someone would use discrimination in that manner... and you're probably the same person trying to deport Mexicans because "they're taking all the jobs working for lower prices". hahaha

cgo85, Mar 30, 2008 IP
    LeopardAt1 likes this.
  5. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

I'M being ridiculous?

wth does race have to do with anything?

there is a big difference in nationality and NATIONAL ECONOMY

Spend more actually READING the lines, than trying to read BETWEEN them.

Some freelancers work by the hour, some by the project.

In the end if its a PER project price SOMEBODY always gets screwed

there is no way to accurately predict to the hour how long something will take...and everyone knows experience and tools decrease timelines. A person with professional tools and years of experience will get done in 1/4-1/10th the time of a person without.

When you pay per project either the coder spent more hours and got screwed, or the buyer paid too much for a few hours.

Lets say the deal is $100

If it takes the coder 2 hours....its $50 an hour

if it takes the coder 10 hours, its $10 an hour

if it takes the coder 20 hours its $5 an hour

In many circumstances, different coders get the job done in that variance of time. How is it fair each one

I will ignore your attempt to turn this into a race thing, that just shows your own ignorance, since thats the first thing you see out of this whole thread.

Matter fact, it's beyond ridiculous, you're just plain assinine

...hahaha that.

6. cgo85

cgo85 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The first thing i saw was that? The first thing alot of people saw was that... you got jumped on immediately for that comment.

you said, "there is a big difference in nationality and NATIONAL ECONOMY".

I don't know, I kinda clump it all in to one thing called 'discrimination'!

Secondly, 'someone always gets screwed'... It is what it is! Offer your compensation rate and choose from the people that are offering their help. You may get F'd over, but that's life! I'll guarantee it won't be the first or last time.

Anyway, good luck to you finding someone on your project. You say that programmers are nightmare's, but to be honest you sound like a nightmare of an person to do work for!

cgo85, Mar 30, 2008 IP
  7. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

hmmmmm so whan i say there is a diference in being smart with your money by understanding economy and the obvious bigoted statements you made....IM DISCRIMINATORY

yet when i say someone always gets burnt - "it is what it is?"

lol

funny how that works huh?

and yeah...if it means i won't pay some idiot to waste my money...then yeah....im hard to work for...i expect somoene to actually WORK

its very obvious, the concept of currency being inequitable globally befuddles you.

Look it up buddy...VALUE of currency is not the same universally.

the single US value unit is about half the worth of the UK single value unit, and 40 times that of indias single value unit.

mexican Pesos? bahamian dollar...wow....much much more

1.5 Euros = 1 USD
    canada and us for the first time are PAR value

all of that flys over your head doesnt it.

Tell you what...since its all the same to you

go buy some BPSterling...i will give you a dollar for each one you give me

it "is what it is":rolleyes:

Those who pay attention to exchange rates keep themselves from being taken advantage of.

i don't care what country you are from...either you can do the job or not

but im not gonna pay you a months salary

as I said...most americans are lazy...i bet your one of em.

i'm done on this subject

either you "GET IT"

or you "DON'T"

if you don't get it, i recommend reading a book on international finance, or global economy

8. cgo85

cgo85 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If you read what I posted first you would see that I clearly stated as long as you receive a quality product under the timeline you set, you shouldn't care WHO is doing the work. Why should you care if someone in India 'gets rich' off doing the same work that someone in U.S would do and not make as much (equivalently)? Maybe google adsense and other Aff programs should start paying out different amounts depending on where their publisher is located. The reason they don't is because: A. it's discriminatory and B. It's just plain stupid... choose which YOU fall under!

You bet i'm 'lazy'?... interesting! Define lazy... haha! Or better yet, how bout i define 'discrimination' or 'cheap skate'!

I'm gonna edit your project post for you, it says:

"I'm looking to get over on some programmer that will do a whole bunch of stuff for me and I'll pay you as I see fit! I'm not gonna provide you with any schematics because you should know how to do it. AND, if I don't like what you come up with i will have you editing stuff for the rest of your life until you get it right... ONLY at that time will you receive payment!"

P.S - You will be paid on a sliding scale depending on current currency values vs the dollar.

Thanks for your NON-Interest,

-BusinessCoach

HAHAHAHA

cgo85, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  9. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I never said i care WHO does it...thats you....you have reading comprehension problems

i said WHERE

don't you know the difference?

and for the record....at no point did i say "indians suck"

so for the one who put that in rep...your mistaken

i said the opposite if you read all my posts.

BusinessCoach, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  10. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
  11. mac83

mac83 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @BusinessCoach:

Take a crash course on outsourcing and project management. ;)

mac83, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  12. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    are you implying that companies PAY THE SAME RATE for outsourcing to foreign countries with smaller economies?

surely you're not saying that

as the BASICS of outsourcing to places like india is FOR PRICE SAVINGS

THEY PAY LESS FOR THE SAME WORK???

lol....I didn't invent this stuff guys....it was happening before I was born, and will happen after I die.

13. cgo85

cgo85 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    First, wasn't me on the rep... I don't do that.

Second... Wow, you post a article in which you can 'generalize' all Indians. hahaha... I'm not surprised!

Third, You never said WHERE, you said WHO? Haha... that is just silly! If i remember correct your initial statement said something like you're "not going to pay someone in India the same amount!" So I guess you're right, you didn't say WHO, you did say WHERE! haha... only an idiot can't put that together!

In regards to your response to MAC... get outta here. Unless you're about to monitor someone doing your work than you can't even make such comparisons.

Look, I believe you can get away with paying someone overseas less than someone in US. But, to actually come out and say that you're not going to pay someone the same amount after you figure out where they're from, is ridiculous.

cgo85, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  14. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

there there...u failed reading comprehension didnt you?

read ALL of my thread...yes it is required you read EVERY word to keep things in context

i know, i know, you just want to read every 3rd word, because it's less work

but please...read it all before you comment.

:eek:

notice the subject qualifier...it states "for the one who"

so it's not directed towards you if YOU ARE NOT THE ONE

as far as the WHERE Not WHO

you chose one sentence, when entire paragraphs had a SUBJECT OF FOCUS being the LOCATION of the coder, not the nationality.

Stop trying to start something that isnt there

You lose rep for being an instigator

15. rkquest

rkquest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    LOL.. just curious.. how is your recruitment going? Have you found your coder yet Mr. BusinessCoach?

rkquest, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  16. mac83

mac83 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @BusinessCoach:

I can see why you are having problems with Indian Freelancers quality of work.

1. You want projects done at cheaper rates. Thats acceptable. Any company whether in US, India or any other country wants their job done at cheaper rates. Many quality Freelancers will not do, because they would utilize their time doing work at higher price.

What happens, is you get in touch with newbies (learners) and who are ready to do projects at your price. You expect newbies to deliver quality of an experienced programmer at the price of a newbie. Finally you are left unsatisfied.

2. You want Experienced programmers to work for less price because the economy of that programmers country is not as good as US.

The quality of experienced Indian programmers is as good as that of an experienced American programmer. So if you compare the rates of an experienced American programmer to that of an experienced Indian programmer, you will still find Indian rate to be much cheaper.

The problem is you are comparing rates of an inexperienced American programmer to that of an experienced Indian programmer.

mac83, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  17. websule

websule Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi friends,

Very interesting thread... i read it all.
    It is like two sides of a coin... we can even call it multi-dimensional.

Lets end it up here.. everybody is having their own way to think and understand.

Most of people are RIGHT in what they are saying. Somewhere deep in the center, what all are saying mean the same.

Hi Business Coach,
    I would like to work with you for sure.. i would like to know the project details and then would love to quote and if you feel fine, i would love an interview or a phone call or an extensive chat.

Your timings, your Standards of Coding or even better and industry standard price.

Lemme know.

Regards,
    Deep.
    Websule.com

websule, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  18. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    several actually

all from this thread...indian and american

19. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    not at all....read my first post

all you did was state my point....the Indian rate SHOULD BE CHEAPER...not the same or HIGHER

when a coder in india quotes me $85 an hour...thats RIDICULOUS!

and my whole thread i said you have to take experience into account, otherwise its apples to oranges

an inexperienced coder should be paid less under ANY circumstance than an experienced one

but an experienced coder, should not be paid MORE than he would at a traditional job simply because I am american

20. cgo85

cgo85 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Oh no... bad rep for instigating! hahaha... man, you're a jokster! A serious walking contradiction!

I'm not starting something that's not there... YOU SAID IT, NOT ME! Check your first post (and don't even try to edit now).

Again, for some reason you're not smart enough to realize simple correlation. IF the LOCATION is India THAN most likely the Nationality of the programmer is INDIAN!!! HOW are you having such a difficult time grasping this?

Honestly, I just didn't like the ONE comment you made so I chose to confront it. You can bad rep me if you like, I will NOT do the same to you... that's just childish!

cgo85, Mar 31, 2008 IP