1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just found out a trick to increase CPM for AdSense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by leet, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lamelime

lamelime Peon

Best Answers:
    That is not good, if they found out they would be pretty mad. I guess it is pretty smart and outdraws the system, but they will find out sooner or later.

lamelime, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  2. Gentile2

Gentile2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is this still working for anyone or has anyone found a way around the new google updates?

Gentile2, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  3. kha_virus

kha_virus Peon

Best Answers:
    adsense isnt fool

kha_virus, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  4. Bluecircle

Bluecircle Peon

Best Answers:
    This is exactly why I don't use the content network in Adwords, it's just a bunch of spammers trying to make more money, but the advertisers are paying for crap.

Bluecircle, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  5. Peace4all

Peace4all Active Member

Best Answers:
    I shall try the same trick with my adsense sharing site as I don't have any high traffic adsense site of my own.

Peace4all, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  6. MidMido

MidMido Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is ILLEGAL

MidMido, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  7. leet

leet Notable Member

Best Answers:
    But some publishers are for letting AdSense take advantage of them.

leet, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  8. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So what you are saying is that we should use "tricks" to cheat the system which makes us wise beyond our years and places the label of "fool" back where it belongs... to the ones giving us money? Indeed! :rolleyes:

I use tricks to cheat the system when I play Warcraft... that makes me WINNER! I guess the logic is there for doing the same thing with my real life games as well...

Qryztufre, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  9. leet

leet Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Obviously you didn't get the logic behind the trick. It's AdSense itself which uses your site to show the high paying ads when you haven't entered your publisher ID (therefore, there won't be any revenue sharing, Google will take it all since there is no publisher to pay). That makes you a "fool" if you let it happen. Nothing happens to advertisers, in both ways they still get their ads published. You'd understand it if you took some time to think, or actually read and understand the logic of this trick. It's not even cheating, it's just a tweak.

leet, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  10. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    And do you understand the meaning of cheating?

When an accountant launders money, they just tweak the numbers, it's just a trick with numbers.... it's not cheating. :rolleyes:

I remember when SOCOM came out and it was possible to glitch yourself into a wall so you could not be shot, but could still shoot... that was just using the system making those that did not use it the fool, as it was just, after all, part of the game...

So yeah, I understand the logic, and I've been following this thread for a while now, so I have taken time to think.

Just because it's possible does not make it right. Just because you have not been banned does not mean you won't be banned tomorrow, or the next. Just because they have not applied a fix for such a "tweak" does not mean they won't figure it out and put an end to all those that use it.

After all, if it was just a tweak, it would be found in the "help" section on google...

11. leet

leet Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, you bet they'd share such info with the publishers.

"Dear AdSense publishers, never leave your publisher IDs blank, or else we'll simply use your ad spots to display the highest paying ads, and will give you nothing at all, while we are taking all the money greedily. So make sure to have your publisher ID entered, so we can switch to low paying ads and put you in the place of a fool."

I'm repeating once again to help you understand. This trick does not harm advertisers in any way.

leet, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  12. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Is that an official response or did you "tweak" it to help make your point?

Honesty IS a virtue...

13. leet

leet Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ever heard of sarcasm?

leet, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  14. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Yes, but you did not answer my question, and with your sarcasm you really helped make my point.

And as for it not harming publishers, that is misleading. You are harming the fine users of adwords by getting the higher paying ads to display where they should not be. That in turn does indirectly harm the publisher.

Try earning your money without tricks and you'll find your life is much more fulfilling. Stick with your tricks and your tweaks and in the end you will likely get burned.

Now, like I said, if it was an official trick, then it would be shown in google help. As it's not, maybe you can submit your adsense success story and see just how well that goes...

15. 5stardreams

5stardreams Peon

Best Answers:
    Did anyone else try this and it works?

5stardreams, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  16. leet

leet Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If the high paying ads are not supposed to be shown there, then why are they shown when you remove the publisher ID? Isn't this simply taking advantage of the publishers? Explain me this, and you'll make a point.

As for AdSense, success and stuff, I make a living off working online, and I don't really need tricks and such. This was just something experimental, and I thought I'd share it with the community.

leet, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  17. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Explain how it isn't? Or are you trying to make the point that it IS taking advantage of someone?

And then defend with all of your might by posting false (sarcastic) letters from google and by saying that it's a 'tweak' and a 'trick' but not admitting that it's cheating... even though you are exploiting an apparent bug.

If you truly wish to defend it, then do post your success story, you do after all make a living online. Sounds like a success to me. Or maybe email Google with your trick and post their true reply.

Then I will believe you.

18. leet

leet Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You know what, nevermind it :) Pointless to argue with you. You do what you want, I'll keep sharing tricks with the community. If you don't like it, don't use it, and go ahead and report me to Google or whatsoever. If you really wanna see some success story, take some time and go through my old posts, I'm sure you'll find many screenshots from my AdSense and Escrow accounts which I have posted on DP earlier. Also, I didn't post a false letter from Google, I was just being sarcastic. Appearantly, you can't even see the difference between a sarcastic post and a false one..

leet, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  19. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Sarcasm does not make it true...

That may have been written in sarcasm, but it's still just what I said it was... a false letter from google. So yes, I can tell the difference... though, its clear that you feel that if something is written in a sarcastic way it somehow means it's not false :rolleyes: Must explain why your "trick" here is not a "cheat"...

I mean, is it really so hard to back up your claims of it being on the up & up by giving a real letter from google, or a source other then your own claims?

20. leet

leet Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You seriously don't get it at all. Why would Google back this up, when it would clearly mean same as saying "yes, we actually do this, the reason when you remove your publisher ID you see high paying ads shown on your site is, we're just greedy and we do anything to take advantage of our publishers". Be logical please. I don't have to back it up anyway, if you don't like it, don't use it. As simple as that.

leet, Mar 25, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.