1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advertise on Facebook....

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Danielle Faith, Mar 22, 2008.

I own a student loan resource site and was wondering if I should do paid advertisements on Facebook and if that would help market my site really well...or not?

Danielle Faith, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  2. thor22

thor22 Peon

Best Answers:
    probably not. Many have tried facebook advertising and many say it doesnt convert well. I myself had tried it with no luck

thor22, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  3. lamelime

lamelime Peon

Best Answers:
    I would actually say it is really good. I got 60,000 impressions for only $2 on facebook!

lamelime, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  4. dshinckley

dshinckley Peon

Best Answers:
    How many clicks did you get?

dshinckley, Mar 23, 2008 IP
  5. weilies

weilies Peon

Best Answers:
    I think facebook is not targeted traffic. Even thought it maybe clicks, but it wont convert

Like i used to pay a dude $8 to post a bulletin for bout 20k myspace friends, end up with NO CLICK

weilies, Mar 23, 2008 IP
  6. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic from facebook don't convert much at all.

angilina, Mar 23, 2008 IP
  7. dshinckley

dshinckley Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem with myspace bulletins is only people that are online at the time will see the bulletin. So really there might be 200 people online during the time they post the bulletin. Your paying $8 to have your ad in front of 200 people. Also keep in mind not all 200 people will be looking at their bulletins when its sent. You might only get 5-20 people who actually open the bulletin and see what it is your selling. $8 for 5-20 impressions. Highly doubt you would convert on that.
    Overall:
    Myspace Bulletin Advertising is a BAD idea.

dshinckley, Mar 23, 2008 IP
  8. primeelite

primeelite Peon

Best Answers:
    $2 for 60,000 impressions. That doesn't make sense because if that is the case I will be putting a few hundred dollars into Facebook today. The main thing is what was your CTR when you were getting those impressions.

primeelite, Mar 23, 2008 IP
  9. daniell

daniell Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is a big difference between impressions and ctr/conversions.

daniell, Mar 23, 2008 IP
  10. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    I've heard that facebook doesn't convert so well like that. Probably cheaper / cost effective to make a cool application or forget it.

Dubz, Mar 23, 2008 IP
  11. cosmos

cosmos Peon

Best Answers:
    I heard it was great .... Who knows?

cosmos, Mar 23, 2008 IP
  12. primeelite

primeelite Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone who has actually advertised have any idea what kind of CTR you get from facebook traffic. I mean because $2 per 40-60k impressions I will be happy with a .5 CTR or even less.

primeelite, Mar 23, 2008 IP
  13. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think that it would convert well.

Chancey, Mar 23, 2008 IP
  14. amedia

amedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have no personal experience marketing on facebook, but what i heard was mostly bad. Maybe they were marketing the wrong niche on facebook.

amedia, Mar 23, 2008 IP
  15. slymarketing

slymarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have tried using ads on Facebook and I was very satisfied with the results. I did the campaign for a college in Norway, the campaign was all about getting people to enter a competition.

So far, I have more than 7000 people (only norwegians) join the competition, and I've paid apx. $0.47 per click. I am not sure if Adwords would have been cheaper (or any other ppc), but the reason I decided to use Facebook was because of the target group (high school students).

I think that in order to use Facebook ads, you need to advertise something that you know young people, or people in college will want. Well, it might depend on the geographical location. If you only target people in the US, you might want to think different than if you target people in Norway or any other country.

But, I would probably never use Facebook to advertise for "how to earn money online" or something related to that.

Jens P. Berget

slymarketing, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  16. thrillseekerhass

thrillseekerhass Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest that you try not paying for it first by joining as many groups as you can that are relevant to what you are selling then sending out info to as many people as you can.
    See what the results of that are then see think about paying for it. I am starting a little business myself and one of the most important things is to spend your money wisely at the beginning.
    Good luck.
    Thrillseekerhass

thrillseekerhass, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  17. slymarketing

slymarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I agree.

You should join groups, and you can also start events and invite people to join your events. For instance, if you have something happening at a certain date, create it as an event and start posting news and images to the event.

Facebook is not very cheap, and if you are just starting out your business, I would try cheaper alternatives and free alternatives instead of paying for Facebook ads.

- but Facebook ads did work for my college marketing campaign.

Jens P. Berget

slymarketing, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  18. Stas

Stas Peon

Best Answers:
    An often overlooked part of the facebook advertising equation is the apps. A large part of the user engagement happens inside the applications on facebook.

I know for a fact that people have been successfully advertising on apps because they continue to replenish their advertiser accounts. While CTR is less than, say, search traffic, the visitor quality is very high if your offer appeals to a younger demographic.

Click prices are reasonable as well. For example, my network starts at $0.10 per click and that is in line with the rest of the market.

I'm happy to answer any questions that people may have about advertising inside apps - feel free to PM or post here and I will try to be helpful.

Cheers,
    Stas

Stas, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  19. Zafar Ahmed

Zafar Ahmed Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree (Y)

Zafar Ahmed, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  20. theBY

theBY Banned

Best Answers:
    FB is targeted.