1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google crawling says no URLs..

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by tptnyc, Mar 22, 2008.

After creating the page sitemap.xml for my new sites from:
    http://www.xml-sitemaps.com and added to my Google account and got it verified too but the Google crawling results now showing none of the urls found in sitemap.xml.
    Where is the problem now or does hosting company has to do something then? Absolutely new to this.

tptnyc, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  2. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't know but this could be the reason; did you upload the sitemap.xml to your server?
    Also check whether all the pages in your site are linked to the index page either directly or indirectly (no more orphaned pages!)

dairyman, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  3. tptnyc

tptnyc Peon

Best Answers:
    When I create sitemap.xml file thru cPanel, the file type name shows up as File Type: ASCII text whereas I guess it should show as File Type: XML document text . What should I do to have it come right?

tptnyc, Mar 23, 2008 IP
  4. Santhros

Santhros Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi. The same thing happened to me a few months ago. I did resubmit the sitemap.xml and in the term of 10-14 days I finally saw all my pages crawled and some of them indexed.

Sometimes, it might be that the sitemap.xml is not well-formed. Check if Google Webmasters Tools shows a warning or error.

Santhros, Mar 23, 2008 IP
  5. nuvanuva

nuvanuva Peon

Best Answers:
    Probably the sitemap.xml.

nuvanuva, Mar 23, 2008 IP