1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A hosted-BANS, but better. 100% Commissions

Discussion in 'eBay' started by purdue512, Dec 21, 2007.

1. auburnfan23

auburnfan23 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, that will be very helpful...

auburnfan23, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  2. nonyf

nonyf Guest

Best Answers:
    what will happen with bans, etc. now that the eBay / Commission Junction changeover has been announced?

nonyf, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  3. auburnfan23

Best Answers:
    Im not sure what changeover your speaking of, but we are not bans we are income stores and we are not completely based around Ebay like Bans is. We bring in Amazon products and the whole CJ.com product catalog including Ebay if we are a memeber of it. So our sites even if Ebay is gone will still have plenty of products to choose from..

auburnfan23, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  4. purdue512

purdue512 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Right on! That's the beauty of diversified revenue streams...

That being said, we're working on the eBay switchover... Additionally, this application was reviewed and approved by eBay for higher daily API volumes....

Cheers...

purdue512, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  5. auburnfan23

Best Answers:
    I am starting to get traffic to my website and I am getting clicks on Amazon, CJ and a few on Adsense but I am not getting conversions. Anyone have ideas on how to improve this?

Amazon 106 clicks = 1 sale for march
    CJ I have had tons of clicks and only 1 sale in 3 months
    Ebay over 40 clicks and no commissions whatsoever

I Checked my PID and other tracking numbers to make sure there right
    just wondering if 1% and 0% conversions are normal early on or is it
    just my product..

I get a few clicks with Adsense which means they are still searching
    but the others I figured I would have a couple of more sales based
    on all the clicks I have..

auburnfan23, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  6. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Well. That's a great question. I've seen stores convert at 0% due to bad design and no unique / helpful info. I've seen stores converting at 4% on the other end.... It really comes down to the basics of any web site. Plenty of reading around on how to increase conversions...

Give helpful info.
    Make sure the traffic you're bringing is right for what they are presented with.
    Buttons / Design of your landing page
    etc, etc...

purdue512, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  7. auburnfan23

Best Answers:
    Yeah I guess I dont have a lot of targeted traffic right now, because looking at some of my search engine traffic It is some stuff like we talked about before that has nothing to do with my market..

Just wanted to figure out the problem before I got to far along, im just going to keep building and linking..

Thanks

auburnfan23, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  8. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting product. you say that hosting is free until the store makes revenue. isn't hosting included in the package price already since you provide the script hosted ? How much should we pay after this for hosting ?

Scriptona, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  9. anarmyofme

anarmyofme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm converting at 4-5% with Amazon and no conversions with CJ. (Seem to have more products with Amazon). This past week has been very dry for me though. Consider using Craigslist (with caution) and find some niche related forums to post to.

Edit:
    I found part of your problem. Take a look at your categories. (I posted this on the IncomeStores forum) I only checked a couple of your subcategories, but the ones I checked were not relevant to your main categories. For example, under your "Irons" category, I chose "Cleveland." The results came back with a Grover Cleveland book, a Cleveland Cavaliers jersey, etc. Go back and edit your search query to reflect "Cleveland Irons." You will see the difference...

anarmyofme, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  10. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Take a look at the checkout page. I have the schedule available there. The fees kick in at 50 OUT-CLICKS per day (calculated as a daily average each month). Basically, low-level hosting *is* included with the base price. However, we needed to add the additional fees to cover the costs associated with BIG traffic. If you look at the numbers, you'll see we are really only trying to cover costs here. If you factor in the conversion rates, you'll see it's a small % as your volume grows. At 50 OUT-CLICKS per day, converting between 5%-10% (REMEMBER THIS IS AFTER THE USER HAS CLICKED- DETAILS), you are charged an extra $5 per month. You won't care at that point.

Hope this is clear. Would be happy to discuss further on the phone or IM..

Cheers.

Al

purdue512, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  11. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How does this work with CJ ? I got CJ account and clickbank is not supported in my country so CJ is my only way.

Do I have to apply to every program that I need to use on CJ ?

Does the store has to be specific to one seller of CJ ? I mean if I want to list 100 products on my store I have to apply 100 times to sellers at CJ ?

Also does your system include any kind of training on how to promote the store to make sales ?

I'm newbie in affiliate marketing but I learn quickly and I think I can make success but just want to get started on the right way so I don't waste my time and money and get disappointed.

Thanks in advance for replying my questions.

Scriptona, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  12. alext

alext Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'll try to answer these. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Yes. But the process is very easy.

I am not sure I understand the question, but I take this to mean: Will a store show products from different CJ merchants - and the answer is yes. So if you are selling mp3 players, mp3 players from any CJ merchants you are signed up with will be displayed.

He mentioned in the last page or 2 that he does offer training via phone. I've not done it, but I assume if you contact him he will let you know the details.

From my experience, the IncomeStores system is very easy to get going. However the promotion of the site is the difference between success and failure. IncomeStores makes the site part as easy as it could reasonably be. The promotion part is up to you.

Again in my experience, I have done little so far to market my site. I've generated only a few backlinks and yet Google is indexing my pages (461 of them already) and I get some long tail search traffic as well.

The disappointment part depends on you. If you fail to market any site properly, it will fail. If you want to shortcut the site building process and have a site with thousand pages in a day IncomeStores is a good answer imho.

alext, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  13. anarmyofme

anarmyofme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great answers!

Regarding assistance...I can help you as well if Al is not available. You can also find answers on the IncomeStores Forum.

anarmyofme, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  14. squeezeplaycards

squeezeplaycards Peon

Best Answers:
    Set up is easy and you are correct about the getting traffic part. Of course that is the same with any website or tool.

On the CJ products side you will find every program you are approved for in CJ has the chance of showing up in your income store. Lets say you have a bunch of different sites in different niches you can have product show up based on a common term. For example, lets say you have a costume and party site so you are signed up with a party supply place. Your income store is about DVD's. You have a category for Star Wars movies so you could end up with some Star Wars costumes showing in the product search for your site.

The tighter your categories are the less chance there is of those non relevant items to show up but it does happen.

By the way I made my first Amazon store sale this week. I have had some Ebay sales and a ACRU but this was the first Amazon sale.

squeezeplaycards, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  15. auburnfan23

Best Answers:

I thought that that main category which was "Irons would also be in the search query when you clicked the sub category, I thought this was the way it was set up when I did that.

So I would have to put Cleveland Irons, Callaway Irons, etc. So it will search more targeted Items..

thanks for the info gotta get to work on it..

auburnfan23, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  16. nscdn

nscdn Active Member

Best Answers:
    It did used to be that way, but it was changed to allow more flexibility.

nscdn, Mar 23, 2008 IP
  17. auburnfan23

Best Answers:
    I just went and changed some on 1 of my site I see how it works now,
    I do like this way better for flexibility.

Also since I said something I started getting more sales and my conversion rate for the month is now around 3.5% much better:)

Thanks for the help guys Its good to have a team to work with..

auburnfan23, Mar 23, 2008 IP
  18. hoodsterm

hoodsterm Peon

Best Answers:
    Been watching this thread. I have a few content sites that get some traffic. I wanted to use IncomeStores to try to drive some traffic from Amazon and CJ affiliate deals in my niche. Sign-up and setup were really easy. I spent about 2 hours setting up my store.

As mentioned in this thread, the trick was getting the category search results to show the products that I wanted. I found that adding my niche keywords to each category search query helped keep the results on target. I've also started porting over some articles that I have to the article feature.

I really like that I'm getting both new listings from Amazon and CJ plus auction listings from eBay.

My store is just a few days old at this point. All of my traffic is referral from my other sites plus a little PPC. I'll update the thread on how things proceed.

hoodsterm, Mar 23, 2008 IP
  19. auburnfan23

Best Answers:
    I redid the categories on one of my sites and actually got my first Ebay sale today so I feel better now that I have had a CJ sale, Ebay Sale, Amazon Sale and also some adsense clicks from my site at different times so now I know everything is setup correctly just gotta keep building traffic to get more of these sales.

auburnfan23, Mar 23, 2008 IP
  20. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Hey IncomeStores.com Owners -- Here's the scoop on the changes coming on the eBay Affiliate Program:

"The eBay Partner Network and Commission Junction will run in parallel for one month through this process, so please plan to complete your migration by May 1st, 2008." (from the eBay site)

So, while the new program launches at eBay next week, we actually have a month to fully migrate over.... Here is what eBay is asking us to do:

" * Register with eBay Partner Network on April 1, 2008
    * Confirm your registration, and obtain your new identifiers
    * Update your links with your new identifiers
    * Reminder: Please plan to complete migration by May 1, 2008 "

I will run through this ASAP on April 1 and do some link testing first... More specific instructions for what you need to do in IncomeStores to come.

purdue512, Mar 24, 2008 IP