1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Jesus using the word "Muslim" in Luke 6:40

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ThraXed, Mar 20, 2008.

1. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Then I do not need to answer your question

wisdomtool, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  2. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    Then you reject him. It's that simple.

KalvinB, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  3. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    So if Jesus is a prophet that is rejcting him? :rolleyes:. HIGH is God, above your conjecture, wake up to the fact he was a prophet of almighty God, so worship the one that created the christ! Worship with praises the name of the true Lord, the Supreme.That is GOD, the one and only, the eternal the absolute, he begetteth not, nor is he begotten and there is none like him!

ThraXed, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  4. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    You're calling Jesus a liar. And if he's a liar then he's not a prophet.

You believe in a Jesus that didn't die on the cross and rise again. You could just as well believe in Jesus Martinez.

KalvinB, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  5. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    No sir, I am calling the fabricators of the bible liars!

BACK FROM THE DEAD

But what about the hundreds of people who have come back from the "dead"? We read about them daily in our newspapers. Those persons who were certified dead, by medical men, and who subsequently came back to life;

were not really DEAD, in the sense of DEATH AND RESURRECTION. Our Doctors have erred and will continue to make mistakes; it cannot be helped. But I want you to note the word "dead" on page 63, and "Corpse" on page 22, and "crucifixion" on page 85. All these words are in inverted commas. The honest and alert newspaper reporter in each case is telling us, very subtly, that the "DEAD" was not really dead. That the "CORPSE" was not really a corpse, and that the "CRUCIFIXIONS" were not really crucifixions but cruel-fictions! They were SO-CALLED dead, the SO-CALLED corpse, the SO-CALLED crucifixions, etc. But from the newspaper circulation point of view, the word "SO-CALLED" would greatly diminish the sensationalism, lessen the news value, and reduce possible sales. After all business is business! Hence the inverted commas "..." In actual fact, no man ever dies twice. No matter how many death certificates are issued.

THE DRAMA CONTINUES

Mary supposing the disguised Jesus to be a gardener, says unto him:

"Sir, if you have taken HIM hence, tell me where have you laid HIM . . ."

(HOLY BIBLE) John 20:15

She is not looking for a corpse, for "it". She is looking for a LIVE person, for "HIM". And further, she wants to know as to "where have you ‘LAID’ him?" (i.e. To rest, to relax, to recuperate!) NOT, "where have you BURIED him?"

"So that I might take HIM away."

(HOLY BIBLE) John 20:15

Take HIM away, where? What would she want with a dead (?), decomposing body? She could only bury it. Who dug the grave? Carrying a corpse is one thing for an American Super-woman, but another for this frail Jewess; carrying a corpse of at least a hundred and sixty pounds. That weight plus another 100 pounds of medicaments (according to John 19:39) would make a neat load of 260 pounds. Carrying would be one thing, but burying? She would have to dump it in a hole! Does it make any sense?

The prank that Jesus was playing upon this woman had gone too far. The woman had not been able to see through the disguise yet and Jesus was "laughing under his breath", but could restrain himself no longer. He blurts out: "M-A-R-Y!" Only the one word! But it was enough. This one word, "Mary!" did what all the exchange of words failed to do. It enabled Mary to recognise her Master. Everyone has his or her unique and peculiar way of calling one's nearest and dearest. It was not the mere utterance of the word "Mary", but its deliberate intonation which made her respond: "Master! Master!". Mad with happiness, she lunges forward to grab her Master, to pay reverence. Jesus says,

"Touch me not!"

(HOLY BIBLE) John 20:17

SOBERING QUESTIONS

Why not? Is he a bundle of electricity, a dynamo, that if she touches him, she might get electrocuted? No! "Touch me not!", because it would hurt. Though he appears normal to all intents and purposes, he had, nevertheless, been through a violent, physical and emotional ordeal. It would be excruciatingly painful if he allowed her any enthusiastic contact. Jesus continues:

"For I am not yet ASCENDED unto my Father."

(HOLY BIBLE) John 20:17

She is not blind. She can see the man standing there before her. What does he mean by "not yet ascended" — GONE UP — when he was DOWN right there? He is, in fact, telling her that he is not RESURRECTED from the DEAD. In the language of the Jew, in the idiom of the Jew, he is saying: "I AM NOT DEAD YETl" — He is saying: "I AM ALIVE!"

"And they (the disciples), when they heard that he was ALIVE, and had been seen by her (Mary Magdalene),they BELIEVED NOT."

(HOLY BIBLE) Mark 16:11

http://www.jamaat.net/crux/Crux11-15.html

JESUS DID NOT DIE, IT CLEARLY SAYS THAT HERE IN THE BIBLE!

ThraXed, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  6. david.michael

david.michael Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats wat we all are saying .. Jesus Died on the Cross.. and on the THIRD DAY HE ROSE AGAIN... :)

david.michael, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  7. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    He did not DIE.

ThraXed, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  8. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep lying to yourself GTech, you will overcome the midlife crisis soon enough buddy. It's ok. ;)

ThraXed, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  9. risoknop

risoknop Peon

Best Answers:
    Still doesn't understand why Jesus had to die for our sins. The God is all powerful, it would be enough for him to "delete" our sins with a single word. No ned to send his son to get crucified. Silly concept. As all religions.

risoknop, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  10. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just put GTech on ignore, and your life will improve. :)

guerilla, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  11. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, people are always asking where "it" is buried when they go to the cemetary.

What kind of sick person refers to a dead friend as "it" when they go looking for where the friend is buried?

Civilized people refer to burying someone as "laying them to rest." Where do you think RIP comes from? You don't bury a friend. You lay them to rest. You bury a bone.

And yet weren't you the one that tried to support your religion using the Bible? Now you're telling us it's all a fabrication.

Have you ever heard of a "whipping boy?"

Sin has a price. And someone has to pay it. We live in a society of laws and when those laws are broken you go to prison. God can't just let a bunch of sinners into heaven. That would make heaven as miserable as earth. So you can try to be perfect yourself or you can accept God's perfection that he gives you through Christ.

If you love the whipping boy you're not going to do things that get him whipped. Or would you rather take your beating yourself?

If you got a speeding ticket wouldn't you really appreciate it if someone else paid it for you? What if someone went to jail for you?

KalvinB, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  12. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    You seemed very certain that he did not die, this is correct, he is resurrected.

13. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    This is one of the rare times that I do agree with what GTech said above.

14. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    S'okay. When someone posts as much nonsense as he does, he's bound to mess up and post something useful or intelligent by accident.

guerilla, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  15. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    gtech has only posted his usual hate and lies against Muslims and Islam. I don't understand why the Mods have stated "Hate, abuse, Personal Attacks will not be tolerated", but do nothing when gtech posts some of the most disgusting and hateful posts there can ever be.

gauharjk, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  16. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Best advice when it comes to GTech.

mcfox, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  17. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Yeah, yeah, and Christians have been the shining example of moderation, tolerance and non-violence over the centuries. Hahaha!!!

Christian nations aren't currently bombing the sh*t out of the Middle East right now so they can steal their oil?

Can't believe I had to take you off my ignore list because someone reported your bile and I had to read it. :mad:

mcfox, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  18. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    You are now a moderator? And as such, you have communicated to others that having me on ignore is best?

Do I understand that you have taken "personal" issue with a statement of fact and as a moderator have joined in what this thread is about, to bash Christians?

You are suggesting "Christians" are bombing the Middle East right now (I just checked the news and there is no confirmation of that) to steal oil?

Then you offer a personal insult to close it out?

Is this what we can expect from moderation now? What I read out of it, is that it's perfectly acceptable to raise anything regarding Christians, Jews, the US and Israel, but to raise anything historical with islam, is now off limits.

Consider that in this thread alone, people have attacked Christianity, called the authors of "our" Holy book "liars." But that's OK, as along as "we" don't discuss violence in islam? It's ok to discuss violence in Christianity, because a "moderator" finds that acceptable?

Consider that the reporter above, who suggests that I am "spreading lies and hate" (translation...being aware of history) has a history of starting threads "spreading lies and hate" about the US, Israel, Christians and Jews. But that is acceptable?

You've chosen to personally chastise me in your "official" capacity over something, while completely ignoring posts offensive to Christians, then to demonstrate an even handedness in moderation, also attack Christians as well?

Does this unfair reaction stem from the fact that in the past, you and I have had disagreements about terrorism, that you believe 9/11 was an inside job, and in the past when terrorists have been caught, you have challenged that?

Shouldn't we all expect better from someone who has been put in a position of trust and is supposed to be even-handed in the performance of their duties?

The message I walk away with is, say what you want about Christians, Jews, Israel and the USA. After all, if a moderator can do it, everyone can.

My apologies for expecting better.

GTech, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  19. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Each religion has it's good and bad, right and wrong.

Maybe we should stop blaming each other and work together to make this Holy war-ravaged p&r forum a more peaceful place. :D;)

lightless, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  20. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Oh get off your high horse, GTech. You were on my ignore list for a long time and I suggest that others add you to theirs, simple as that. It isn't an 'official' anything - it's a personal opinion.

In my official capacity as mod I suggest you curtail your deliberately inflammatory postings and try to remain civil.

If you don't like it, here's the list of forum leaders - pick one and shoot them a PM to complain.

mcfox, Mar 22, 2008 IP