1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why is the bible such a big old lie?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Germz, Mar 19, 2008.

I mean everything the bible says has happened before or will happen. It's like the saying "history repeats itself" the people who wrote the bible are just like nostradamus fake and smart.
    What do you think?

Germz, Mar 19, 2008 IP
  2. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    I beg to differ on that, I don't see that Bible is any lies or whatsoever. A lot depends on people quoting and misquoting the Bible for their own agenda

wisdomtool, Mar 19, 2008 IP
  3. Neptune

Neptune Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the OP. The bible is full of lies. Lies and stories. Christians and those that use the bible read it and take everything literally. One boat full of every animal on the earth (yea right) walking on water(sure he did) one loaf of bread feeds thousands(yea uh huh). Adam and eve (ok, more like cavemen) god created the earth(umm, big bang ring a bell). Religion is a fallacy. Fairytale's are more believable then god or the things that are in the bible.

Neptune, Mar 19, 2008 IP
  4. Neorics

Neorics Peon

Best Answers:
    Lord,

I pray for the souls of these two. Please touch their heart that they may understand your will and show them the blessings of your love. I pray that you put your hands over their lives and their family. Guide their hearts that they may find the way, the truth and the life. Help them understand your love. Bless them oh Lord.

In Jesus name, Amen!

Neorics, Mar 19, 2008 IP
  5. Neptune

Neptune Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Whenever you guys have nothing to come back with that is worth anything, you always pray for someone. I do not want prayers as they do no good and mean nothing.

Neptune, Mar 19, 2008 IP
  6. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So you are one of those pretend christians, right? One of the fake ones who doesn't actually follow anything in the bible while at the same time telling others follow it.

Matthew 6:5-6 when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

In other words, Keep it to yourself.

stOx, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  7. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Reading the bible and knowing it inside your soul are 2 different things.
    Opps you dont believe in souls. Nevermind:D
    Let me explain it in a way you can understand. We are a collection of complicated nerve endings, ganglions, flesh and bone, and i define love
    being chemically attracted to the woman i will marry :D.

pingpong123, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  8. affiliategirl

affiliategirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not blame you for saying this my friend because it's clear you don't believe in the Bible. So I can very well understand Neorics' intention in his post having an opposing view. It's just that there's no need for it really, to get published (here).

Great verse. I don't do pray in synagogues and on the streets. But I don't mind being called a pretend Christian (just don't shout it out loud :p) because even up to now I am not 100% a Christ follower simply because I disobey some of his rules and commandments; simply because I am not (yet) perfect though I know I must be. It's hard being a Christian because people think you can sin no more. But I can not be Unchristianized now. too late. ..:)

affiliategirl, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  9. darksat

darksat Guest

Best Answers:
    The bible is a big lie because it was created by the roman emperor constantine at the council of nicea in 313AD as a propaganda tool.

darksat, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  10. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    Darksat again more lies and propaganda. Christians were getting butchered by the roman empire long before that and the words were there for many years before that but the bible was officially ratified and put together at the council or carthage and hippo and if i recall correctly it was many years after that. Its great that stox can find one verse of the bible that pulls towards his thinking that praying together is bad. This verse was made to teach people not to show off and vain. It was never meant to mean that praying together is bad.

Why dont you read the last supper? Oh yea when jesus broke bread he told his disciples to get out and find a room to pray in then come back and mack out on food and wine. What a joke. Like i said he doesnt fully understand the meaning of teh bible because in order to do that you need to understand what it means intrinsically first and to be willing to be open to that you must believe that we have souls and just dont blink into nothingness when we die lol.

11. clinton

clinton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    oh, thanks for clearing that up

clinton, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  12. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    The spoon is a lie.

KalvinB, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  13. xXKingdom_SEOXx

xXKingdom_SEOXx Peon

Best Answers:
    I don’t think the OP realized there are different religions on this forum and he isn’t even right to say this. If you’re an atheist, keep it that way, why care about other religions, or whatever you are if not atheist? You are so offended by something that simply exists and isn’t bothering you, if other’s choose to believe it respect that and don’t criticize a still matter. Your not clear of this thread, don’t know how you could be so blatant. It’s like being mad at a wall because others think the wall is pretty but you think the wall is ugly. And the wall has no say because it’s a still object, who looks like a retard then?

xXKingdom_SEOXx, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  14. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    I truely believe I will see Stox one day at church praying to the lord right beside me. He is a closet christian waiting to come out but it will take time for him to admit it.:)
    Stox im gonna say a long pray just for you(big huggggg)

15. cientificoloco

cientificoloco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so DP is exploring the online dating business ;)

cientificoloco, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  16. mybluehair

mybluehair Peon

Best Answers:
    here is my opinion, and somone please quote back to this.

The bible is not true (to an extent)
    I beleive that its not so much "lies" as it is in telling a message that there is bad in life, and there is good in life. The writer celevely explains his veiws on good and evil, in a story. A untrue (not meant to be read as true) story, to line out his point. He explanes how bad things can come over you in life (explaned as "satan") and on and on. But he did not mean for the bible to be read literally. but people for some reason do.

mybluehair, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  17. clinton

clinton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    same here:)

clinton, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  18. lpxxfaintxx

lpxxfaintxx Peon

Best Answers:
    That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I think I just got dumber...

lpxxfaintxx, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  19. darksat

darksat Guest

Best Answers:
    The Bible Is Not The Word Of God, Wasnt Written By God, Wasnt Written By Jesus, According To The Catholic Churh It Was Written By People Who Knew Jesus, Which If That Were True (and Its Not) Would Make It 3rd Hand Information At Best.
    Also According To The Catholic Church, The Pope Is Infallable, Including The One In The Middle Ages Who Said The Earth Was Flat.

darksat, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  20. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    But can't we lie spoon fashion? :D

Cheap SEO Services, Mar 20, 2008 IP