1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

eBay is moving out?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by NwS, Mar 17, 2008.

1. gpearce

gpearce Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not really; they will retain the PID system, so everything will continue to work fine, BANS and all; it's just that maybe they will change how you report earnings :p
    I'm £1 short of payout, that's why I'm not happy about it :p

gpearce, Mar 19, 2008 IP
  2. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    *sniff* Bye bye CJ! eBay is da only program I promote via CJ!

So would all URLs that start as http-//rover.ebay.com not have to be changed?

Nintendo, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  3. Rimki

Rimki Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope that's the case, Nintendo. It'd suck to have to change all my links.

Rimki, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  4. NwS

NwS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt they will change the links.. They changed them a few months ago..

NwS, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  5. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    Didn't the email specifically state that they are changing the links? I thought it said that the link migration would start on April 1 when they would introduce the migration tool or instructions and we would have until May 1 to switch over (so both types of links would be valid for the month of April) and then after that only the new links would be valid.

I just recently got all of my links changed from the last time they decided to switch, even though it seems that the old links still were working despite the fact that eBay claimed they wouldn't.

davewashere, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  6. markowe

markowe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess it's our own fault for hard-coding links! If I was a halfway decent programmer, I would have set all those parameters as variables somewhere near the beginning of my code so I could change them globally very easily, but unfortunately...

markowe, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  7. hanji

hanji Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is some info on the link change. This is from eBay's developer program. I wouldn't make any changes until we see official word:

http://developer.ebay.com/support/system-announcements/affiliates/Default.aspx

Also, on the eBay forum, a eBay rep stated that PayPal would be an option for pay out, but will still offer direct deposit.

My question based off of the URL changes.. will campid be the same as PID, meaning is it related to a account, or to specific sites? I really need to be able to track multiple sites within my account, so I hope so.

hanji

hanji, Mar 20, 2008 IP