1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The movie of Geert Wilders, what to expect of it and what do you fear?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ajaxrdam, Mar 9, 2008.

This month, dutch politician Geert Wilders wil release his movie about the Koran, called Fitna
    I'm wondering, what should we expect of it and most of all, what will be the international response?

ajaxrdam, Mar 9, 2008 IP
  2. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly. If people react with violence to a film they had better expect to be criticised.

stOx, Mar 9, 2008 IP
  3. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It sounds like his criticism of Islam and the Qur'an is that it encourages violence. If they react violently, the film maker wins and proves his point. If you see a movie saying Islam is a violent religion, then because of the movie muslims are enraged and reacting with violence, who are you going to believe? I don't disrepect Pakistan for turning off access to youtube though, at least that is a non-violent reaction. Words are just words, let them talk. Sticks and stones can break your bones, but words can never hurt you.:)

Rebecca, Mar 9, 2008 IP
  4. ajaxrdam

ajaxrdam Peon

Best Answers:
    I just hope we don't get the same trouble as Denmark, when they published those cartoons.
    But Wilders does not dare to pull back the movie, because then he will be seen as an coward.

ajaxrdam, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  5. Rankhyips

Rankhyips Banned

Best Answers:
    We're in a lot of trouble in Europe. What happened in France, Denmark was just the beginning.

2 x 2 x 2 = 8
    5 x 5 x 5 = 125

That's 125 Muslims out of 133 newborns in a matter of 3 generations.
    With or without Wilders, funny cartoonists or any other "provocation", Europe will become a battlefield at some point. It's not a question of "if" but "when".
    Those who brought them here knew this very well beforehand.

Rankhyips, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  6. ajaxrdam

ajaxrdam Peon

Best Answers:
    So, the movie will be premiered within days....

ajaxrdam, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  7. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    The purpose of the film is to discriminate and hate, so the reaction will be hate. I would not be surprised if Geert Wilders is killed.

ThraXed, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  8. ajaxrdam

ajaxrdam Peon

Best Answers:
    To be honest, it won't suprise me either if Geert Wilders will be killed.
    But then, all hell will break loose in the Netherlands...

ajaxrdam, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  9. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    The purpose of the film is to expose discrimination and hatred. I do agree the reaction will be hate. It's exposing the hatred of islam...what else would the reaction be? Peace? Open discourse? Self-reflection?

I agree with you on the third sentence; he will probably be killed too. "islam is peaceful and if you disagree with us, we will kill you." It's not like there isn't a precedent for killing someone for exposing the truth about islam before.

GTech, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  10. ajaxrdam

ajaxrdam Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly, the movie is only to create hate, where Geert Wilders can counter on and getting votes...
    Thanks to the dummie's in the Netherlands that vote on him...!!!

ajaxrdam, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  11. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to kill someone because they say something mean about your religion then you're an idiot.

The movie is just going to expose the idiots for what they are.

We have a daughter who's not quite 1 and I was discussing with my wife the things women do to avoid getting taken advantage of by guys. Apparently some guys expect sex if they buy a woman a nice dinner. It's a small percentage of guys that think that way but the result is that a lot of women insist on paying for their own dinner.

So let's say that a woman is out with a guy that expects sex if he pays for dinner. She would never date such a guy if she knew the guy thought like that. She orders the most expensive thing on the menu and pays for it herself. She continues to see the guy.

There's a second woman who is out with the same guy. She orders the most expensive meal on the menu and lets the guy pay for it. Then he starts talking to him about what he wants to do after dinner. He insists on her spending the night and says that she should since he bought her such a nice meal. She orders some wine and tosses it in his face. Then calls a cab.

Is the second woman wrong for putting the guy in a situation that would reveal his nature?

Of course not.

That's why people like Wilders need to keep picking at Islam until all the idiots are exposed and disposed of and there are no longer any deadly riots in the street.

A lot of people are foolish like the first woman that do things that only serve to hide the problem and then they wonder how they ended up dating a jerk for so long.

If we didn't insult Islam on a regular basis we would never know if Islam was making progress or not. I think we should publish images of Muhammad every 6 months or so until there are no riots for 2 years. That's less frequently than Christianity gets insulted. So I think that's reasonable.

KalvinB, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  12. ajaxrdam

ajaxrdam Peon

Best Answers:
    But the funny thing about Wilders is...although he is against foreigners, he has a Hungarian wife...

ajaxrdam, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  13. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What are you basing this on?

stOx, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  14. ajaxrdam

ajaxrdam Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, one of his political parties statement is to have an immigrationstop for at least 5 years.

ajaxrdam, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  15. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    that doesn't mean he is against foreigners.

stOx, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  16. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    To be against foreigners would require that he support getting rid of anyone who isn't originally from Denmark.

He's against a foreign invasion.

If America and other countries didn't restrict immigration then say China could just have 1 billion of its citizens move in and take over just by dominating all elections.

The Iraq war cost 327 billion dollars. I don't know what a plane ticket costs from China to some small country in the world but you could probably dominate the population for less than 327 billion in airfare costs.

KalvinB, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  17. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    http://zfacts.com/p/447.html

guerilla, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  18. ajaxrdam

ajaxrdam Peon

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

ajaxrdam, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  19. ajaxrdam

ajaxrdam Peon

Best Answers:
    ajaxrdam, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  20. ziya

ziya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The movie will make racism to first row. It is one way of showing anti-Islam, Islamafobia. I am sorry that the movie have been published. But I strongly belive that the movie will not affect the Islam as a religion. Becouse it is just a fitna.
    The purpose of this kind of movies is not showing freedom of speech, it is just against of Islam. If he supports freedom of speech, how can he ask to ban Quran .

I am too sad the way they see and propagand Islam :( :(

ziya, Mar 27, 2008 IP