1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Gay Marriage: Should It Be Allowed?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by melbel, Jul 6, 2007.

?

Should gay marriage be allowed?

1. Yes

141 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. No

167 vote(s)
    54.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Money

Mr.Money Banned

Best Answers:
    I think It's allowed

Mr.Money, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  2. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't had time to read the whole thread. (translation: I couldn't be bothered) but I say yes it should be allowed. Why the hell not?

Are they not human? Do they not deserve happiness?

My friend has 2 mum's (her mother is gay) and that's all she's ever known and she has turned out totally stable and open minded and probably more understanding, caring and compassionate because of it.

She'd probably be more fucked up if she was the product of a hetrosexual marriage with the statistics of divorce nowadays.

I don't know, maybe it's because I've lived in Holland so nothing shocks me. Seeing 2 gay people in the street dry humping is about as natural as seeing a bird fly.

I see that the majority of votes say 'no' ...small minded world we still live in.

MELLA, Mar 14, 2008 IP
    tarponkeith likes this.
  3. kevthegr8

kevthegr8 Banned

Best Answers:
    Do you read my posts? Tarponkeith!

Read my post before commenting please.

kevthegr8, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  4. tarponkeith

tarponkeith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I did read your posts... First you said:

This is a logical fallacy (slippery slope) because allowing gay marriage will not turn every one gay... When all the states allowed interracial marriages, did everyone marry a different race? No...

tarponkeith, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  5. kevthegr8

kevthegr8 Banned

Best Answers:
    Which states are you on about?

I am talking about my opinion - which has nothing to do with wikipedia or anything else on that matter!

6. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you're right on that, that's the same argument people use against legalizing drugs, they say, "and the next day there'd be people breaking into my house for crack money".

because as soon as it gets legalized, people will be running to vendors for crack i'm sure!

ncz_nate, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  7. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you have the right to opinion, as does everyone else. BUT you have no reasoning behind what you're saying, you are typing pure shite.

Maybe your belt is too tight and is cutting off circulation to your ''brain'' because the only thing you're showing is that you are small minded, homophobic and have no real reason to disagree with gay marriage.

Tarponkeith just whooped your cyber arse.

MELLA, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  8. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Planning on taking a canoe trip? :D

bogart, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  9. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Kev is doing what all narrow minded homophobes do. He knows that his views aren't really tolerated in this day and age so when expressing his homophobic "opinions" in public he tries to justify them by making out that it;s not because they are gay that he is against them marrying, it's a separate, Less bigoted reason altogether. Bogart done it earlier when he tried convincing people that he is against gay marriage because of the strain it will put on the court system.

Well all know the real reason for them being against gay marriage, Regardless how they try to disguise it.

stOx, Mar 14, 2008 IP
    tarponkeith likes this.
  10. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    Live and Let Live is how I see this issue and others similar to it.

Dubz, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  11. kevthegr8

kevthegr8 Banned

Best Answers:
    This is a total joke, it s forum where you post your opinion and someone doesnt like it, and tries to give you bad rep for - whoever it was needs to get a life! If you cant handle peoples opinion dont join in on the convo!

12. xXKingdom_SEOXx

xXKingdom_SEOXx Peon

Best Answers:
    I wholeheartedly agree, two lowlifes bad repped me because they oppose my opinion, sad moose’s. if that’s the only way you can resolve situations in life by being petty, you need a fucking wake up call, don’t go around being a weakling and bad repping people because they disagree with you, sad no-life’s. your pettiness don’t offend me, and wouldn’t keep my mouth shut, so you keep running anonymously instead of fighting for what you believe in, I’ve expressed what I believe in, you bad rep me, your proving my point, you’re a weakling. This just inspires me, so much discouraged assholes out there, its fun provoking them, and making them get angry for no reason, so they can bad rep ya for nothing.

Stand clear if you’re so pampered and such a spoil kid that you cannot withstand other’s comments and opinions, I’ve never used the reputation feature, and sure wouldn’t demean it by using it as an immature vessel, if there is something that needs clarifications, I’ll do it lively, not being an anonymous threatening rep that serves NO purpose on my part. The reputation system I believe is for the marketplace specifically, or general discussion, and need not be abused, as it could cause the receiver limited access to some features, you’re so retarded you must result to an immature act?

It doesn’t affect me anyhow, they’re affected, but I’ll say they are very weak, and I’m sorry for them because of their weak ethics, you debate in the forums, be a man or woman strongly, and be reasonable, don’t be a wimp, hiding behind a screen when you’ve been outspoken is immature! Dumb asses :D

xXKingdom_SEOXx, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  13. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The idea with being able to voice your opinion is that others are also able to voice their disagreement, Publicly or anonymously. If you don't feel as though you can handle having people disagree with your opinions i suggest you refrain from voicing them in public.

stOx, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  14. kevthegr8

kevthegr8 Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes i can handle it no problem what so ever! However when they give you bad rep for it...it just becomes a joke, you dont go about shooting people when they disagree with you! I just think, if you cant take someone esles opinion...then dont talk on forums!

Kindom - I totally agree... bad rep for having a opinion....!! CRAZY!!

Kev

Again expressing my opinion ( I wonder if i get bad rep for that)
    ***Awaits my furture***

kevthegr8, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  15. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good point... Because giving negative rep on an internet forum is equivalent to gunning someone down in cold blood :rolleyes:

stOx, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  16. JohnScott

JohnScott Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Democracy. Meh.

The question really is about the social contract we espouse.

Collectivist social contract:

We agree to submit to the majority rule in whole. They majority determines what rights people have, what they can and cannot do, how they can spend their money, how they can't, and everything else. All is subject to collective judgment.

Or, Individualist social contract:
    Under the individualist social contract, we agree only to limit freedom insofar as it is required by the terms of this contract, namely: that I shall do you no harm, and you shall do me no harm, and in the case of proposed harm by another, I shall render you defense and you shall do the same for me.

Does gay marriage harm me? No.

JohnScott, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  17. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Gay marriage. Yes
    Gay adoption. Hell no

BTW my dogs trainers are 2 lesbians, extremely nice people, awesome to say the least. We see them twice a week, one of them is a police officer. I have absolutely no problem with them at all.

GRIM, Mar 17, 2008 IP
    DeniseJ and JohnScott like this.
  18. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

GeorgeB., Mar 17, 2008 IP
  19. Algert

Algert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely Not !

Algert, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  20. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I got asked in rep 'why gay people should not be allowed to adopt'

Simple, being gay they can not have children. If they are proud of who they are that brings with them the good and the bad. ;)

Otherwise it's having your cake and eating it to with a little frosting on the side.

GRIM, Mar 17, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.