1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PW retrieving help needed from a noob!

Discussion in 'Directories' started by jhnrang, Mar 13, 2008.

I have a directory running on phpLD 2.1 FREE script. It was set up 3 months back and never had time to look at it.

as a result -although I have the FTP access, I completely misplaced the Admin access. Now I am trying to at least make a directory out of it.:eek:

My Q is --
    Is there any way to retrieve the Admin access?

If you answer-- please keep in mind that I live in a world of fools and have great difficulty in even basic HTML codes. So if you want to help me -- you will have to do the job for yourself.

Ofcourse I am ready to buy some beers/whisky etc. for ur time:D or give you Featured listing for 2 sites from different categories/niches

I have tried to discuss about it with my friends who know a bit of phpLD script. Most suggested that -- I should re-install the script keeping the Data Base intact. Unfortunately, I don't even know how to install it. I am using a category dump which I plan to modify suitably. (hence DB is important). It does not have a single link that I approved.

Pls PM me or post here if you want to help a fellow directory owner.:eek:

PS: -Mods - I think this is the right forum to post it, but if you think I should post it somewhere-please move it.:)

jhnrang, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  2. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
  3. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ok John, I've made this as easy as humanly possible to do.

Just simply upload the file to the root folder(where index.php is) and then call the file.
    http://www.yoursite.com/reset-pswd.php

It's as easy as simple entering text in a textbox and clicking a button.

[​IMG]

Delete it off your hosting after you use it.

Attached Files:

an0n, Mar 13, 2008 IP
    sray likes this.
  4. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    If you have ftp access then you have cpanel access and should have no problem changing the password via phpmyadmin using a hash generator.

JamieG, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  5. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    My initial post is as easy as it will EVER get. It even determines whether to use sha1 or md5 automatically; depending on the version of php installed and whether or not sha1 exists.

an0n, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  6. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    I wasn't posting in competition to see who could do it the 'Easiest' way I simply posted a method on password retrieval. :rolleyes:

JamieG, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  7. sray

sray Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its just great. Hope jhrang aka john has reset the password. Does it work with any version? I mean free as well as paid versions? Thanks in advance.

Also John, have you posted in phplinkdirectory forums too? Any response there?

sray, Mar 13, 2008 IP
    jhnrang likes this.
  8. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it should work with all versions. :)

It takes the initial user/pswd that you installed the directory with.

If by chance one cannot remember the login name, adding a simple echo $row['LOGIN']; will display the Login associated with the password.

an0n, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  9. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you all guys for all the help- specially to Rob who knows exactly how dumb:eek: I am.

Again thanks to all of you -- I got it done with some real-time help from Rob.:cool:

jhnrang, Mar 14, 2008 IP
    uttoransen likes this.
  10. fear

fear Banned

Best Answers:
    Greate job Rob

fear, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  11. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No prob John.

Also, because phpLD 2.x has the password defined as 45 characters and sha1 uses 46, it winds up clipping the final character, so this would be the best one to use because I alter the password field to hold all 46 characters.

I also set it up so that it'll display the login username along with the new password and a quick link to the admin panel after you change it, because I'm fairly certain some will forget their username as well.

Attached Files:

an0n, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  12. aubenrey

aubenrey Banned

Best Answers:
    Although this is a very good and easy way to change the password I cannot stress this enough, you must DELETE the file from your server as soon as you have used it, dont rename it, delete it as it is a major security risk if you leave it there.

Personally I think changing via phpmyadmin is a more secure way and would not pose any security risks at all.

Thanks
    aubenrey

aubenrey, Mar 14, 2008 IP