1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Wealthy Affiliate A Scam?

Discussion in 'eBay' started by gregdavidson, Mar 12, 2008.

Everybody is saying that Wealthy Affiliate is the "real deal" yet most of these people are trying to promote their Wealthy Affiliate affiliate link. Is anybody here a member of this program and is making some REAL money using their techniques?

gregdavidson, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  2. dipal76

dipal76 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen your site. I suggest you to add more traffic on your website....

dipal76, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  3. pipsbank

pipsbank Banned

Best Answers:
    What you mean is the "wealthtoolbox.com" isn't?
    this is totally crap.
    they spam your email

pipsbank, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  4. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you a member of wealthy affiliate?

5. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    BTW Dipal76, I just launched the forum last night and I'm HOPING at least one person joins to help get a conversation or two started.

6. YoungGuns

YoungGuns Active Member

Best Answers:
    I understand why one might think that Wealthy Affiliate is a scam, but it really is the real deal. It is not a get rich quick scheme. It educates you and gives you many free tools. I have been a member since early January and I say it is well worth it for anybody involved with any kind of internet marketing. I am not making a whole lot of money online right now, not because Wealthy Affiliate is a bad product, but because I am always looking for the "best way" to do something, and hardly ever actually do it. I am getting better at actually doing stuff now. If I would have done the 8 week course in Wealthy Affiliate instead of trying to figure out a way better than it, I would be making a lot more money right now. The high quality forum alone is worth the monthly fee. I'm not going to go over all the awsome things that come with the membership since you can read that on the sales page.

pipsbank, Wealthy Affiliate has nothing to do with wealthtoolbox.com. I have never heard of that.

By the way "their techniques" is nothing revolutionary or top secret. They just teach you over a 8 week period how to make successful campaigns of different kinds.

WOW, I just wasted my time because you don't want an affiliate link lol:D

YoungGuns, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  7. YoungGuns

YoungGuns Active Member

Best Answers:
    mods please delete double post

YoungGuns, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  8. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Its not a scam,I joined WA last month just to see the content,tools etc.I will be canceling my membership this month.WA is good for newbies,nothing new there,oh ya i saw so many dreamers there,all talk about earning $500/day.

So WA is good if u r new to affiliate marketing.

getjimmy, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  9. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    Hey Jimmy! How much money are you earning a day?

gregdavidson, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  10. forelmashi

forelmashi Peon

Best Answers:
    I heard WA has a killer affiliate program though...

forelmashi, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  11. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    Once again, nobody with a big experience on this forum is speaking about WA

Just the average newbie promoting his WA affiliate link or new people on the forum are doing so ...

They are new people here and the first thing they do is to promote WA! lol

mods please delete spam

:D

Lastbutnotleast, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  12. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    I'm guessing Wealthy Affiliate is mostly about FREE marketing which is not how many of the super affiliates have made it. If you want to learn the Wealthy Affiliate secrets to free marketing, basically search for people in Google who are promoting their affiliate program. I see many people trying to promote their Squidoo lense and marketing WA on YouTube.

gregdavidson, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  13. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    People promote WA on DP but nobody does it on sitepoint

Why?

Lastbutnotleast, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  14. Spliffic

Spliffic Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the general perception is that people get sucked into WA and are forced to promote it once they become members. People think that the WA members are a bunch of suckers that got sucked into some sort of cult. Believe what you want, but reviews don't lie.

I hummed and hawed over joining for a few weeks before joining WA. I read reviews, looked on forums, pretty much tried to find anything bad or negative about them which eluded to that they are a get rich quick scheme type of place. Let me tell ya that joining WA was the best thing I did to accelerate my IM knowledge, and I am on a fast track to making a career out of IM.

You can definitely get all the information on here that you need, but it takes sifting through thousands of posts to get it. People don't have all day to do that. WA has all the information you need in a condensed form. If you want information fast and you want it now, then that's where WA pays off. If you have time and want to take things slow, then don't bother.

To answer some misconceptions, "no" they don't just promote clickbank, no they don't just promote "bum" marketing (one of the WA members coined that phrase). They thoroughly teach you how to create Adwords campaigns, and even the owners of WA (Kyle and Carson) will go into your Adwords campaigns and look at your landing pages to give you suggestions and help you get on track. No other place provides support like that.

I like it DP because you can find info relating to website creation, CMS, and other "techie" stuff, but WA has all the marketing, Adwords, and niche discovering techniques, and best practices covered. Being a part of WA really has a community spirit to it, everybody wants to help you and you don't see a bunch of crap posts like you do on here about "how to make money through my method" etc. The sense of being in a honest environment really makes being a member worth it.

Sure I'm going to try and get someone to sign up through my link, but I'm not trying to make a living off of it and am not forcing you to use it. I think as a good affiliate "brotherhood", it only makes sense to go through someone's link and purchase what they need if that link is presented to them first. Why purposely avoid someone's link and manually go to the vendor's website when you can make someone else a commission? That to me is totally selfish, especially if you are an internet marketer yourself. You should know that you are not paying more for what you are getting, and it's not hurting you in any way to go through an affiliate link.

That's my two bits. Read reviews on here, do your research before joining. You will not find anything negative about it and to me the information there is gold (people on here do not share the type of information they share there).

Spliffic, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  15. pmarkov

pmarkov Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes! I am their member. And I do not promote my aff link.

pmarkov, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  16. Fisker

Fisker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I googled for wealthy affiliate and wealth tool box and both are different sites. Which one are you guys talking about ??

I am a bit new in affiliate marketing actually.

Fisker, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  17. kavin6

kavin6 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was a member but got out for a personal reason. WA is a perfect place if you use it perfectly. WA has its in house affiliate program and you get commissions each month and just cause people stay there forever it has become the best affiliate program.

kavin6, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  18. wholesalerwholesaler

wholesalerwholesaler Peon

Best Answers:
    I joined to peek at forum. Its really great if you do not know the ropes it does showcase the basics to teach you but really can get the same stuff for free if you follow digital point and wicked fire and watch the active internet bloggers. WA is a slick setup and congrats to those that formed it HOWEVER you really can learn with seat time for free by reading. Nothing earth shattering or secret revealed that I could find.

wholesalerwholesaler, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  19. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    $500 and $1000 challenge forums in WA are good.

getjimmy, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  20. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    I was expecting some people to jump out and say something like "I didn't know squat about affiliate marketing and after I joined WA I now earn $2000 a week". So far everybody is saying it's great but nobody is claiming to earn any serious money.

gregdavidson, Mar 16, 2008 IP