1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Found somth nice with Hosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by s007, Mar 12, 2008.

Hello, this is my first time in here,
    Just wanted to share as a general chat to ask ppl what do they think of this hosting Company Clienthost.org

The thing is i know some ppl who do host with them but the thing is what they say is because they have back up server theit hosting never goes down (server) means site runing 100%

Is that possible not conting powerfailer? :confused:

s007, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  2. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    To have true 100% you will need a load balancer and a minimum of 2 servers in separate locations, that is a few magnitude of costs more than a normal server setup. 100% is possible but the cost is prohibitive and is normally used by mission critical and extremely rich organizations.

A typical server no matter how good it is maintained will not achieve 100%, you need to patch kernels if it is linux or updates if it is Windows, 1 reboot and you no longer have 100%.

wisdomtool, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  3. s007

s007 Peon

Best Answers:
    2 servers thats what they told me in live chat too, wow so what you saying is that they have server where they host user accounts and plus they pay for another 2 as a back up sort of raid?

s007, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  4. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    2 servers and a load balancer is the very minimum, I am not saying they have it. I am just giving a general configuration. Normal hosting companies even the size of say hosting.com would not be able to give such configuration to shared hosting users not to say at such rock bottom pricing. The answer is NO!

5. Bohol

Bohol Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you please edit this word "somth"? I was hesitant if I should open this thread and answer your inquiry just because of this misspelled word. Thanks.

On web hosting, here's my thought. Send an email to the company. If it replies quickly and treats you nicely in email, that host may be the best for you and your needs.

Bohol, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  6. s007

s007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh sorry Bohol, didn't see that mistake, ok thanks for your suggestion i will give it a try with email thing as you said and see what will happen.

wisdomtool -> i wouldn't say their VIP prices are rock bottom lol but i guess if they say they offer such thing i shuld try it and then let everyone know how it went :)

s007, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  7. SEOBusiness

SEOBusiness Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I never heard them before,I'd suggest you go this big hosting company such as hostgator.com.They always provide good service.

SEOBusiness, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  8. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    I would hesitate to sign up for it.

Domain Name:CLIENTHOST.ORG
    Created On:07-Mar-2008 15:18:42 UTC
    Last Updated On:11-Mar-2008 10:15:39 UTC
    Expiration Date:07-Mar-2009 15:18:42 UTC

The domain was only registered on 7 Mar 08. 5 days ago!

9. s007

s007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah they said that they are a new company i guess all companies start from something, i already signed up like 1 hour ago, so far im just waiting for my domain to propagate properly with their DNS but all seems to be fine got set up under 10 min Support is nice and always online working fast (making good name for their company :rolleyes:. which is good.

But if something i will go to bigger company as SEOBusiness said. The only thing i dont like about big companies is that they have so many users meaning some times i suffer because of that if server gets DOS attacks, and my will be offline. Plus to reply to ticket takes ages and never a good proper reply.

So far for ClientHost.org ill have to give them 10/10 for fast support and 10 min setup.

Cheers Guys for your suggestions i really appreciate it!

s007, Mar 12, 2008 IP